• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightmare vs Ichigo Kurosaki

It's not entirely a matter of strength,Reiatsu gives you pretty good passive soul manipulation resistance.Even Orihime can handle the pressure of Ulquiorra's reiatsu and she sure as hell doesn't scale to Ulq in anyway.

The only people to get instantly soul crushed are people completely lacking in spiritual awareness whatsoever like basic humans,Tatsuki the same person who resisted Yammy even resisted Hogyoku Aizen although she was completely paralyzed and afraid.

Gargoyle One said:
Will Ichigo actually get close to Nightmare though?
The effects of Reiatsu range varies from a couple blocks to tens of kilometers.When Yama used it on Nanoa she had to be carried away by Shunsui for a couple miles within Seireitei if I remember correctly.It depends on how much Ichigo wishes to flex it,but this version of Ichigo has very little control so it will probably be all over the place.

This Ichigo's Reiatsu also isn't fluctuating like hell because Zangetsu hasn't tried to screw him over ... yet. Plus if he manages to go Bankai, that speedblitz lol.

@Dragonmasterxyz: Ok, I didn't know about Kilik. But yeah, in this case Ichigo would be affected. About willpower I brought that up because this is the justification I found on Soul Cal wiki for Algol resistance, but IDK if it's headcannon or was said in-game. But it was the logical conclusion for me since apparently Edge Master can walk through Astral Chaos w/o becoming crazy. Still saying it can renders objects mad too, seems a stretch (though, I'm not necessarily saying Zangetsu could help Ichigo here) Also, doesn't madness still make someone bloodthursty too? If Ichigo destroys Nightmare but take in Soul Edge (like Pyrrha did), it's still his win, right?.

@AnonymousBlank: About Bankai speed amp: Ichigo's profile seems to exagerate thing a bit, no? I don't remember him blitzing Byakuya like stated in the profile. Tensa Zangetsu speed amp should be more than 2x (since Byakuya couldn't reach him even after doubling the speed of Senbonzakura) but not that much more.

Not blitzing Byakuya? Thats was the first thing he did in that fight. If it wasn't for Ichigo letting him go and Senbonzakura being everywhere, Byakuya would be dead.

"Ok, I didn't know about Kilik. But yeah, in this case Ichigo would be affected. About willpower I brought that up because this is the justification I found on Soul Cal wiki for Algol resistance, but IDK if it's headcannon or was said in-game. But it was the logical conclusion for me since apparently Edge Master can walk through Astral Chaos w/o becoming crazy. Still saying it can renders objects mad too, seems a stretch (though, I'm not necessarily saying Zangetsu could help Ichigo here) Also, doesn't madness still make someone bloodthursty too? If Ichigo destroys Nightmare but take in Soul Edge (like Pyrrha did), it's still his win, right?. "

No, their willpower is the in series reason for their resistance. However, the fact is they have the feats for it. Ichigo does not. It actually can corrupt weapons in series. The likes of the Kali-Yuga, Ivy's Valentine and Taki's Rekki Maru are literally weapons corrupted with the power of Soul Edge. Rekki-Maru in particular would cause damage to Taki if it weren't for her putting seals on it to calm the evil energy down. You are forgetting the fact that dude to Ichigo having gone made due to his energy, Ichigo would then officially be a malfested and as such, Nightmare would have full control over his actions.

Mind Manipulation (Can manipulate the minds of others in order to coerce them into taking Soul Edge. If there is a malfested target, Soul Edge feeds off of their sinful actions of bloodlust and gains the ability to control them)

I'll side with Nightmare here. Kinda a cool thing to envision. I also feel like Reiatsu crush would be a terrible thing for Ichigo here.

Considering his winning condition revolves around the madness attacks, I think it is important to know how often Nightmare opens with them. Does he always/often open by trying to corrupt his oppenent with his attack that corrupt entire areas or with his evil seed thing? Or does he start more often with this "soul wave" thing?

Also, does the picture represent this "Complete Nightmare"? Because if he leaves his soul open like that while having no soul resistance (not in his profile at least), does that mean he get one-shot by Ichigo's attack?

And how far away do they start form each other?

His Madness Manipulation comes simply from coming into contact with his energy. Something he lets loose in character. There is also BFR in which is part of Soul Wave and which sends you into Astral Chaos which induces madness and corruption as well. This is shown by the Evil Seed in which is a massive release of energy across the world. Nightmare's energy on contact turned an entire temple of monks (who trained to combat and control evil energies) and inhabitants into mindless killers. Basically Malfested. If you are a Malfested, the you become even easier for Nightmare to control due to your sins of bloodlust.

Back