• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightmare (Soul Calibur) vs Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guts via intelligence and stamina. Nightmare's soul hax wouldn't work since Griffith has Guts' soul.

If Nightmare is limited to his incomplete form, Guts would probably have the edge. Nightmare's magic and teleportation would help him out, but his base form doesn't really have the means to counter the Berserker Armor. Durability negation doesn't really do much when Guts is tearing his own body apart anyway. And as stated above, soul manipulation will have no effect, and mind manipulation wouldn't fare much better.

BFR and Durability Negation ahould help. Also Nightmare can indeed cut through dimension here. Also Nightmare has centuries of experience and intellect. Let us not forget Inferno(Who for some reason is not on his file.) who has Reality Warping. Can Guts fight while decapitated.

But Inferno does. Inferno is the spirit of Soul Edge. Also I dont see how Berserk Armor stops Durability Negation.

EDIT: Thanks for changing Ivy's name.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also I dont see how Berserk Armor stops Durability Negation.
The armor pretty much renders any but the most powerful attacks null, since it holds the body together even if it takes lethal damage 100 times over. The ability to ignore the durability of the armor is useless, since the armor itself is doing the body's work.

Same AP. Guts has higher durability (due to Dragon Slayer). Guts has MUCH more stamina. Nightmare's regen does mean a thing due to Dragon Slayer attacking the soul (basically one good hit by Guts is all that's needed). Guts believe or not is actually much smarter and is much more diverse weapon wise.

Honestly the only way Nightmare can win is through Reality Warping and Dimensional BFR....which I have no knowledge of how he uses that so can anybody explain it to me?

Their Durability is the same. Soul Edge like I said ignores durability as well so that will amount to something as well. Attacking Nightmare's soul is nice, but Nightmare steals souls for a living. All Inferno, aka Nightmare, aka Soul Edge has to do is send Guts to Astral Chaos in which will put Inferno at a huge advantage. And seeing that he always does this, even against Soul Calibur. I doubt he wouldn't do so against Guts.

How does he send others to Astral Chaos? If it involves physical contact then I can imagine Guts being able to outmaneuver Nightmare (it doesn't explain it on his page). Also what kind of an advantage does it provide if Guts is sent there?

Well the first video is basically inferno just walks in and switches dimensions. If that's the case and he then just decides to leave then I don't see how Guts could win at all. Wouldn't that make it a stomp then? I'm a little curious as to why there's no description of Inferno at all....should be added

There is. But we just never put it under Nightmare. It is under Cervantes' file tho.

Oh...well that's odd. Anyway I'll just vote Nightmare until someone can provide something better then.

How does Guts have more battle experience? Nightmare has been fighting for Centuries. Inferno himself can mimic fighting styles. Plus he is only 8-B with Berserker Armor.

Voting Nightmare for higher skills and experience, possible BFR and the fact that Guts' soul damaging attacks will have little effect to him since he has a lot of souls in his disposal.

Nightmare,cause it's sounds much cooler(do not insert DBZ joke)

Anyway, nightmare for reasons above.

It has? I haven't noticed. I suppose I can ask Burning to add this, since apparently no one checks that thread, or the removal one for that matter.

Sure add that first, and then I'll copy and modify that appriopriately so it can be added to Guts' page. That way the two additions do not differ from each other.

A thing to note about Guts in the berserker armour is that his durability remains as Building level, it doesn't scale to what he does in the Berserker armour (as proven by him breaking bones and ripping muscles during attacks.) And his strategic mind is completely absent also. With that said, he's being placed against someone who's fully 8-B physically (just the action of harming him will damage Guts), has bfr at his disposal and can't even be put down quick enough as he has too many souls at his disposal. Also, speed is equalized so there's not much stopping Nightmare from one-shotting Guts.

I'm sorry but this is looking out to be a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back