• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sounds like Ugin vs Bolas. The problem on Swamp Thing is based on his current profile, the way how he "Mentally Blocks himself from using his full power" can be exploited by Bolas by assaulting him mentally. Not to mention, Bolas posses the Myojin NIght Reach's Mask so he might used it as well. the "High-Godly, incapable of being killed as long as The Green exists" can also be exploited by dragging the fight in a barren Plane or universe with no Green (e.g. Phyrexia) or the Blind Eternities, which is the void between universes in the multiverse

This version of Swamp Thing doesn't only have the Green. In fact, a wizard tried that, sealing him. He used the other forces in creation and escaped.

Elemental spells won't simply work like that to an Old Planeswalker like Bolas, he will just going to counter it and will simply drag Swamp Thing to endless fight that will span millenias in various universes.

You should also take note that Bolas managed to kill Leshrac, the embodiment of night who is unkillable by using the real mask of the Myojin's Night Reach true mask, that mask can capture the essence of Swamp Thing and from there only Bolas know what he will do to it. I am not downplaying Swamp Thing but in this game of chess Bolas is something that he needs to avoid since the Elder Dragon, especially in his Oldwalker won't just simply back down and prefer this kind of battle along with his back up plans.

"Elemental spells"

Um, what? Those are literally the forces that makes up "creation". The Green a metaphysical realm that touches all realms and space, the Melt being above it, the Blue being above that one, and so on. Swamp Thing is the avatar of all of them. So yeah, forgive me if I don't believe the " he will just counter it" line.

However, I don't doubt Bolas can win, but if he truly can counter the Green, I don't believe Swamp Thing will give him another chance and will go without his self imposed limits.

That said, I don't know much about Bolas, and as such, will refrain from voting. Just wanted to clarify that "cutting ST from The Green" is not enough.

I think I need to paste this from my previous discussion so you can be awarecof what the Planeswalkers in MTG are doing:

Nicol Bolas is known for being a ruthless and cunning. Take note if this is a Pre-Mending Bolas then it is trouble, meaning he is an old walker. Old Walkers are near omnipotent, can travel or "walked" the multiverse in the blink of an eye, has an ability to destroy artificial planes, devastate a natural plane and had unlimited number of spells.

When we say unlimited number spells, you need to take it literally, because the old planeswalkers can be indestructible, can delete an opponent, can manipulate forces of nature, can be intangible and etc... You know, a living infinity gems/stones, because they became Magic or the essence of the 5 mana(RBWGU) itself. Did I forget to mention that he still had that unmatched intellect?

So for Swamp Thing or any hero who will face this Elder Dragon needs to win a battle of wits and its not just a fist fight or any hax sh*t or anything that even it involes a multiple spiral big bang. IT IS A BATTLE OF WITS. Act impulsively against an Old Planeswalker, like Bolas or Urza, is a suicide even if you're Queen Serenity, Zeno, Cronus, Galactus or Thanos that wields the infinity gauntlet with all the gems in it.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
"Elemental spells"

Um, what? Those are literally the forces that makes up "creation". The Green a metaphysical realm that touches all realms and space, the Melt being above it, the Blue being above that one, and so on. Swamp Thing is the avatar of all of them. So yeah, forgive me if I don't believe the " he will just counter it" line.

However, I don't doubt Bolas can win, but if he truly can counter the Green, I don't believe Swamp Thing will give him another chance and will go without his self imposed limits.

That said, I don't know much about Bolas, and as such, will refrain from voting. Just wanted to clarify that "cutting ST from The Green" is not enough.
I know that is the forces of creation, those are very common in MTG lore, in fact, his kind is called a Maro Sorcerer, or Elementals which are masters of such spells. And for Bolas or any Planswalker countering or nullifying such spells is an everyday lifestyle for them. From Creating Fireballs, Summoning Forces of Nature, Controlling Mind, Pacifying, Nerfing, Law Magic, Deletion, etc. It is part of their everyday life. And Bolas is someone who will always have a scheming back up plan if things won't go on his first plan.And this involves his ability to use pacifying ST nullfying his attacks, regen from his attacks. And the thing that will bother ST is Bolas Death Touch, I mean yes he will resurrect himself but it will be annoying and as he try to destroy Bolas who also has the same feat of Regen and near omnipotent traits of the Oldwalkers

And when we say countering spells or abilities in the lore of MTG, it really means countering spells or abilities. in short it is null void and denied, so such spells or abilities is need to be recreated again if that person is not being pacified, nerf or silenced.

And since ST is more on Elemental/Creation, along time with his resistance to it, the question there is his resistance against nerf spells of Black and White which is a non creation plus the Law and Holy magic of White along with the Demonic and Unholy magic of Black, I'll admit Bolas is more inclined with Black than white, but as an old planeswalker here he is capable and proficient of casting such holy magic as well.

If this is a Post-Mending Bolas who stripped his Planeswalker powers then ST takes this, but its not its his Pre-Mending one so it will either a standstill or ST might find himself educated in White or holy spells and Black or unholy spells

To give you a guide about the colors here is the latest link of mtg's color guide: https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Color https://medium.com/@ThingMaker/the-mtg-color-wheel-c9700a7cf36d https://mtg.gamepedia.com/White https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Black https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Blue https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Red https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Gree

Back