• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer SU continuation revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're also once again arguing over one minor and barely fleshed out "feat" of a comic, I don't see why we need to narrowly focus on it so much.

We should stop deviating and focus on far more clear feats.

You assuming that clouds formed around the laser after an extended period of time is already making more assumptions than the laser boring a hole in the clouds which is directly shown in the comic.

I'm not assuming that. We know for a fact clouds naturally move through the air and could have just been passing around it.

An assumption would be saying it split apart clouds when we do not see this.

This is the clearest feat we have right now.

It takes far less assumptions to say

'the laser bored a hole through the cloud'

than to say

'the laser was there for an extended period of time long enough to give off a gravity field that caused clouds to form a perfect circle around it in an unknown amount of time'

All youre doing at this point is making massive assumptions that have no backing. If this were any other verse and i mean ANY we wouldnt make half as many assumptions as youre making right now.

We have scans of the laser boring holes in clouds when the Gems first came to the planet. We do not need to assume it took an extended period of time in order for holes to form in the clouds because nothing in the comic implies it did.

I get that you dont think tier 6 SU is legit but that doesnt mean you have to purposely try to discredit legitimately valid feats by making wild and outlandish assumptions about them that have no backing other than your personal opinion.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm not assuming that. We know for a fact clouds naturally move through the air and could have just been passing around it.
Prove that that is what happened. Right now. Prove it.

Prove that that is what happened. Right now. Prove it.

Well, if you look at the sky long enough, you can see clouds moving.

Alright, now imagine something is in the way of the cloud as it moves, a perfect cylindrical object. The cloud would form around it, no?

And you can't prove it bored a hole through the clouds without making assumptions. I can say clouds moving like they do in real life caused it, which takes no assumptions.

WeeklyBattles said:
I get that you dont think tier 6 SU is legit but that doesnt mean you have to purposely try to discredit legitimately valid feats by making wild and outlandish assumptions about them that have no backing other than your personal opinion.
Could you stop trying to appeal to motive in every other post and assume I have some vendetta against a show I genuinely like?

People can disagree with you on stuff without disliking whatever you're talking about.

Cool, not what i asked. I asked you to prove that is what happened in the comic. I gave you the entire thing twice, so i know for a fact you have access to it.

WeeklyBattles said:
This is the clearest feat we have right now.

It takes far less assumptions to say

'the laser bored a hole through the cloud'

than to say
That's misleading. All you've done is made the statement appear longer, it takes no more assumptions than it did in my post.

I've already explained the assumptions associated with your idea, and would rather not get into another circular discussion.

If this is the only clear feat you can find, in a one off comic, and it already has so much issues, perhaps there is something wrong with Tier 6 in the show?

WeeklyBattles said:
Cool, not what i asked. I asked you to prove that is what happened in the comic. I gave you the entire thing twice, so i know for a fact you have access to it.
My whole point is that we don't see what happened. We just see the result and are given no timeframe.

Therefore we shouldn't, as I have said many times, assume more than we know.

Assuming that the laser blew a hole int he cloud takes vastly less assumptions than what you are assuming happened, and unlike what youre claiming happened we actually see the holes formed from the lasers.

A) It's not a laser. We actually never see the laser activate, and it's explicitly separate from the warp.

B) You're assuming the timeframe is instant, assuming that the beam directly moves clouds when we don't see that happen, you're assuming that the beam can even directly move clouds in the first place.

C) I don't assume anything other than clouds naturally moving and the warp obstructing them.

We don't see the holes being formed. We see the warps after they had already been in use.

Head's up that I'm going to sleep; hopefully this doesn't explode without me.

The area where the clouds are parted is kilometers away from where the beam is. Even IF we assume its solely gravity based (Which as i stated makes zero sense for a race that adapts to resist gravity and needs time to make new forms if they get poofed making poofing themselves constantly to travel extremely unlikely) it would still be a KE feat for pushing the clouds away.

A) It is both a laser and a warp, it was stated directly in the comic to be able to function as both.

B) So you truly believe its safer to assume that they just so happened to find perfectly round holes in clouds to put warps through and those holes just stayed there?

C) That alone is more assumptions than the beam putting a hole in the clouds as the beams are never shown to move clouds around themselves like that.

Energy beams do not always travel at lightspeed.

There would have to be a reason that suggests her eye-beams are that fast.

Well, there's no explicit statement about that. But hearing all White's talk about light and the general behavior of the power acting like a giant flashlight? It wouldn't be that big of an assumption IMO

It was the corruption attack that was calced previously. Not her eye-beams.

I personally think that Dargoo Faust seems to make sense, but I have only browsed through this thread, not the preceding one.

@Ant It makes more sense to assume that the lasers were there long enough for clouds to physically form around them than to assume the laser just went through the clouds?

Ive already recalced the laser so his claim about that is completely wrong, and it absolutely scales to people

@Weekly

Well, those were the parts of the discussion above that I had the time to focus on.

@Weekly

Are the SU comicbooks canon to the TV show, or is the TV show simply canon to them?

The comics are canon to the show yes, there is even an upcoming canon movie that will be using a concept that first originated in the comics

Okay. Is this your interpretation or has it been explicitly stated?

It was explicitly stated, i can give you the exact scans from the comic where the beam in the calc in question was stated to function as a laser. Heck i can give you the whole comic if you want.

No, I mean has it been explicitly stated that the comicbook is considered canon to the TV show?

As far I known, games and comics are considered secundary canon, so canon unless they contradict the main series; I do not pay attention to those media, so not sure if they properly fits into the timeline.

As for the gravity laser, why it is considered to move the clouds in 1 s? And the clouds are actually there, the weather is the usual with the usual clouds. And for more than the anti-gravity canon yields it do not scale to no one.

@Antonio They make direct references to events in the show multiple times and the show has begun to add in stuff from the games and comics as well, such as Nephrite being part of Hessonite's crew

The cannon would scale to almost everyone seeing as its created directly by the core of an ancient ship that isnt even meant for combat whereas Jasper tanked a modern wwarship's core exploding in her face

Was the warship's core exploding on Jasper ever calced?

Somehow I get the feeling it would be a lower result than scaling it to the core of a completely different ship.

Seeing as the majority of the explosion was contained within the ship itself and only part of it breached the hull a proper calculation wouldnt really be possible, scaling it to an ancient ship like this is the best we have

We do the same thing with Star Wars ships lol

Well, as far as I am aware, we have usually tried to keep comicbook adaptions separate from original TV and movie series unless the showrunners state that they are considered as canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back