• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer SU continuation revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are considered canon yes, basically the only ones that arent canon are the ones where the authors blatantly said that theyre alt universe versions of the characters

Okay. What do the rest of the staff here think?

Again, I'm not into the other media, so I can't comfirm if they fit into the continuity.

However, let's assume they happened, the only feat being used from there is the anti-gravity canon, and it assume a ridiculous small timeframe for clearing the sky (and the sky isn't even cleared, clouds are still in the sky ar any other day); the temperature part of the calc isn't correct neither since it assume that the temperature raised in all the city when it was a simply laser beam. And of course, it do not scale to no one, Pearl even said its fragile, and we already have that discussion (If Star Wars use it or not is irrelevant).

@Antonio There are multiple feats we can use from the comics actually, Bambu is currently calcing a few of them

It didnt clear the sky all it did was put a hole in a cloud. And i can give you the EXACT scans in the comic where it was stated that the beam was raising the temperature.

It scales to almost EVERYONE. The core of an ancient ship that isnt even meant for combat is that strong whereas Jasper tanked a modern warship's core exploding in her face

Where was it shown anywhere that the ship is a glass cannon?

And even then that doesnt matter, the core is what matters. The core is what gives the scaling.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Pearl saying its fragile is even more proof that the ship is a glass cannon.
Agreed. This scaling seems like speculation.

@Ant Okay first off rude

Second off the ship itself isnt what gives scaling, the CORE is what gives scaling. The core is what has the AP feat.

Yes, it was shown to be a glass cannon, when Pearl literally said it's fragile; plus, Jasper scaling to the ship would put her above Opal's arrows, which would really make no sense.

@Paulo No it would not put her above Opal's Arrows, are you really going to use your false scaling chain again?

Gem Ship's durability > Opal > Garnet = Jasper > Gem Ship's AP

This is the scaling.

@Paulo Explain why it wouldnt be, seriously explain. Everything we've been shown from hand ships at this point suggests they are stone walls.

I did not intend to be rude. My apologies if I came across that way.

Anyway, the problem is that if the comicbook events are not referred to in the TV show, and there are no official statements about this either, we cannot assume that they are canon with certainty, and the different writing teams likely have very different ideas about the characters and their power levels.

We haven't considered the My Little Pony comics spin-off as canon to the TV show either.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Paulo Explain why it wouldnt be, seriously explain. Everything we've been shown from hand ships at this point suggests they are stone walls.
Because there isn't any statement suggesting that anywhere and all the proof you've shown so far are just assumptions; pretty simple.

@Paulo Feats > Statements. Everything we've seen from the ship suggests its a stone wall, you dont need statements to back it up

> Gem Ship's durability

Didn't the ship begin falling to pieces just from crashing into the ground? I remember the thumb of it falling off from the crash, not the subsequent explosion.

The increase of temperature weren't uniform, it was just one laser that turned a small amount of sand into glass, all the other area despite increasing the temperature weren't mortal to no one, I guess that giving time it would fire a laser.

If there's more feats being calculated then fine, we'll wait.

The explosion affected the palm of the ship, not the entire thing. The bit where Garnet was running, where Lapis was held and where the other Crystal Gems were standing were all unaffected by the explosion.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Antonio If they didnt stop it it would have done the same over the entire area yes
And the issue with the calc is that assume it increase the temperature to above 1600 C up to the atmosphere when it was going to be a laser that blow up the area. Is not calculated in the way you did.

@Antonio It wasnt going to blow anything up. Hell the original calculation was a calc for it blowing things up and it was rejected.

Seriously tho, outside of "Jasper tanked the core", there isn't really any reason to assume the ship is a stone wall, so it's easier to just pick the simple solution and say it's an outlier instead of just assuming the ship is a stone wall while having no other proof.

@Paulo Yes, the burden of proof is on you to prove its not a stone wall since youre the one arguing its not.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Paulo Okay then, what proves its not a stone wall?
I feel like his problem is that you have a lack of evidence for that clame sp asking him to prove it not would just lead him to saying that, wouldn't it be better to list your reasoning for it being a stone wall?

You're the one who has to prove it, since the feat isn't consistent in the slightest unless we just randomly assume the ship is a stone wall for no reason other than making so the feat is consistent.

And the ship's AP scale to that since you gave no reason for it not to, and this wiki assumes Durablity and AP are the same unless proven not to be; you point is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back