• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New staff promotions

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Though, we really do have a lot of staff members now.
I suppose the next Drive will be more promotions to Admin than new recruits, if that's true.

Details shouldn't be talked about too publicly, but I'll just say there is some feedback from a few current staff about recruitment drives being faster than usual. I'm happy for each and every promotion here, but I at least see points from that feedback.

Well, a lot of the old staff have been busy IRL, and I need lots of help with the daily maintenance of the wiki.

After the current calc group recruitment survey, I don't think that there will be much more of this for a while though.

The only way to get recruited to the calc group is to do calculation blogs oneself that can be evaluated.

Antvasima said:
The only way to get recruited to the calc group is to do calculation blogs oneself that can be evaluated.
Huh. I could have sworn someone told me that commenting on calcs helps improve your case on the matter.

I have made multiple calculation blogs, and I do evaluate calcs from time to time, but I don't always have time to make calculation blogs. Evaluate other blogs on the other hand is something I don't mind looking at regularly.

I don't mind it either. I've made quite a few calculations, although I've been spending more time evaluating than calculating recently.

You can suggest yourself as a calc group member candidate if you wish.

As much as I'd like the position, nominating myself strikes me as a bit pretentious. If any of our other staff or calc team think I'd be a good addition I wouldn't mind helping out with evaluations.

We have an official thread for this: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/278323

Anyway, I have added you as a future candidate. Thank you for helping out.

I think a few people have suggested me back in 2018, but as I said. I'd probably be more in line to how Kaltias treated the position; in where he declined the offer, but was given permission to approve calculation blogs.

That is still a tad excessive, just like I told you previously. If you are trolling, it is inappropriate to do so.

That looks like a shaken up beer bottle that's getting reactive due to what happens when people shake beer or soda, but some people could see that as an innuendo. I agree that stuff like that might want to be avoided; though I don't think he's trolling. More so just didn't know better.

I very highly doubt they were intentionally trolling; I wasn't even aware of the innuendo until Medeus pointed it out.

I meant that the reaction in the gif is exaggerated, so since he did the same thing recently in another thread, I thought that he was being sarcastic.

You are probably correct. Sorry.

Back