• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Marias gets invaded by aliens

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Here's a fun thing I thought I'd do for Christmas.

Scenario: Cole has just woken up from absorbing the final Blast Core, now ready to charge and use the RFI. Unfortunately, it seems like further complications are on the way. Zeke turns of the TV to reveal that The Alternian Empire has launched an invasion of Earth. Evidently, John White has decided to put his quest in hold to go combat the threat, as the news describes The Empire Event as moving away from New Marias towards Washington DC, where the invasion is being focused. Zeke crunches some numbers and discovers that The Alternian Empire's ground forces will reach New Marias in roughly ten days, giving them time to prepare.

New Marias:

Cole MacGrath with the RFI

Zeke Dunbar

Lucy Kuo

Nix

The Anti-Militia Resistance

800,000 men total

The New Marias Police Force

800,000 men total

Remnants of the Militia

800,000 Men Total

10 days of preparation

The Alternian Empire:

Karkat Vantas (High 7-A)

Aradia Megido (High 7-A)

Vriska Serket (High 7-A)

Kanaya Maryam (High 7-A)

6 High 7-A drones

300,000 Rust bloods (9-B)

300,000 Yellow bloods (9-B)

300,000 Bronze Bloods (9-B)

300,000 Olive bloods (9-B)

300,000 Teal Bloods (9-B)

1,000 Cobalt Bloods (9-B)

1,000 Violet Bloods (9-A)

No prep time

Overall:

Speed Equalized

Nothing above High 7-A

New Marais
vs.
Alternia

My mans, how could you forget the Vermaak 88?

Anyway, with 10 days of prep, that should give the ground forces more than enough time to set up guard posts and defense positions. That means there gonna be armed to the teeth with turrets, bazookas, and armed trucks. With Zeke helping with his tech and intelligence, they should also be able to set up some Dunbar beams and maybe even a few missiles given that he he built some anti-Bertrand missiles in a short while.

Now, I know next to nothing of MS, so I'm gonna need some info on what the Alternian Empire can do before saying anything else

Yeah, but, aren't the Vermaak kinda completely wiped out after you get the final blast core?

Anywho, let me run this down.

The Drones are probably one of the biggest physical threats here for 3 reasons.

1. There's six of them.

2. They're equiped with built in garden hoses.

3. They're all connected to the same database. "Priority target: Cole MacGrath sighted. Calling all drones to this location." And suddenly Cole is fighting 6 High 7-A's instead of one. Besides that however, they don't have anything that Cole can't deal with. They can fly, shoot missles, abd see in the dark. Nothing really special there. An argument could be made that Cole can't drain them sense they're powered by psionic energy and not electricity however.

First off, all trolls are nocturnal and as such, can easily see in the dark.

Rust bloods are complete cannon fodder. They're physically the weakest caste and their telekinesis is terrible enough that they struggle to bend spoons. However, they do have an ace in the hole. They can talk to ghosts. Rust bloods can literally just ask their companions how they died and get some intel pretty quickly. Physically, they're weaker than someone who can fight in par with bears, while every other caste here scales at least a little bit above bears.

Yellow bloods are effectively mini 9-B Coles without any of the variety. Telekinesis, pseudo-flight, even their own form of Bio-Leech. Only they suck out psionic energy/life force instead of bio-electricity. They can also be used as batteries for Alternian tech.

Bronzes aren't a whole lot special either. They're stronger than rusts and are more likely to have Social Influencing in their repertoire, but that's it. Their leg up is the ability to mind control animals, so woe be any dog owners in New Marias I guess.

Olives and Teals are physically stronger than the previously mentioned castes and are typically far more skilled and intelligent, often serving as bounty hunters, mercenaries, and lawyers sense childhood. All trolls grow up on a hellish death world and are expected to be able to kill from birth, but Olives and Teals are considered to be on the more skilled edge of the spectrum. On top of that, Teals can train themselves to smell and taste color, allowing them to be able to "see" if they lose their sight.

Cobalts are where things get tough. Firstly, they have mindhax. Their potency can bypass limited resistance and has, at most, been shown capable of controlling 2 or 3. Most cobalts aren't just expected to be capable of murder, but are expected to flat out enjoy it. They often serve as pirates, crime lords, and smugglers during their younger years and are the strongest 9-Bs present.

Violets are the strongest fodder soldiers present, sitting comfortably into 9-A and are more than capable of ripping even the strongest 9-B trolls apart with ease. They are capable of breathing underwater and usually carry High 7-A rifles. As the highest caste present, they are doubtlessly going to be the commanders.

Now for the Players.

The Players sorta fall outside of Alternia's typical command structure. In this situation, I find it likely that they'll mostly just do their own thing and try to stay out of the way if the rest of Alternia's army.

Karkat Vantas is not going to be the leader of his team, although he will insist that he is. Rather, he's the glue that holds his team together. He's the one keeping his team coordinated. Without him, at best everyone is just gonna wander off doing their own thing and at worst they're all gonna try and kill each other. He by far has the best Social Influencing of anyone present. Unfortunately for him, that's all he has. He's the physically weakest High 7-A present, has no versatility, and is the least skilled Player in the group. He's stilled skilled, he survived a fight with a 2-A by never getting hit for one thing, but he's pathetic compared to his teammates.

Aradia is likely going to be the actual leader of the Players. She's patient, calculating, and always moves with the big picture in mind. Her telekinesis is strong enough to toss around buildings, she can go intangible at will, fire lasers, can communicate with the dead, and put people to sleep. Unfortunately, she doesn't have much combat applicable stuff outside of this.

Vriska is the most combat oriented of the group. Her mindhax has potencies in the thousands and is the most skilled High 7-A present. In the flipside, she's a megalomaniacal loose canon with a need to prove she's the best.

Kanaya would effectively just act as Karkat's bodyguard most likely. Not to dismiss her, but she doesn't bring to much to the table in comparison to the rest of her team.

Here are their profiles.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Karkat_Vantas?mobile-app=false

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Vriska_Serket?mobile-app=false

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Aradia_Megido?mobile-app=false

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Kanaya_Maryam?mobile-app=false

An important thing to note is the RFI should be capable of power nulling trolls, seeing as how their powers come from their biology.

I mean, the good ending shows us that there were still many Ice Soldiers in New Marais.

Alright, so how would the fodders of the empire handle the armed forces of New Marais? I know some of them have powers, but can they handle an onslaught of gunfire, some of which are constantly moving around and lobbing grenades when one gets too stationery.

Also, just realized Cole is gonna really aid his team here. He is healer (can heal multiple people at once), sniper, and berserker all at once. He can also combine powers with Nix to wipe out numerous enemies at once.

Honestly, there's a lot of factors to consider here (also I suck at army vs army scenarios)

Depends. Yellow Bloods should have an easy enough time. They could just pull a Neo and stop the bullets, ragdoll the shooters around, toss cars and molotovs right back at them, etc. The other castes would have a much harder time, because, while some are skilled at dodging projectiles, they'd have to close the distance. Except Violetbloods, thanks to both durability and having High 7-A guns.

Should I add the Vermaak then?

Back