• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New abilities for Darkrai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the abilities be added now?

@Lephyr

I'm not sure about the trainers, but it's possible...

Are you guys absolutely, positively sure that TCG is usable? The mechanics of the card game differ dramatically from all of the other mediums.

I don't recall ever coming to a consensus on this

Im pretty sure we already use TCG game abilities and given pokemon being composite here, and these abilities at time being pretty straight forward, I don't really see any reason why we can't use them.

Is Pokemon the only composite verse where so many mediums are allowed? At first it was the game, anime/movies and manga. Now it seems anything that's licensed

Idk about "only" verse but anything thats a part of the multiverse is accepted, at least thats what I recall.

A big discussion on this happened as well and thats what was agreed.

Joseph619 said:
Is Pokemon the only composite verse where so many mediums are allowed? At first it was the game, anime/movies and manga. Now it seems anything that's licensed
First, Digimon does it as well, so it wouldn't be only. Second, it's because of a manga that TCG are allowed. The manga is about well...the story behind the Pokémon in the cards.

First, Digimon does it as well, so it wouldn't be only. Second, it's because of a manga that TCG are allowed. The manga is about well...the story behind the Pokémon in the cards.

I see. I don't know much abput Digimon so I wouldn't have known. The pokemon manga allowing TCG was interestimg

Ability 1: Pretty sure he was shown capable of doing this in Mystery Dungeon, seeing as he sends the Duo into Palkia's nightmare. This should've already been added. He has portal creation at least

Ability: I disagree, this comes across as more illusion creation than pocket reality manipulation to me, and would be consistent with him creating Illusions in previous titles, albeit to a lesser degree

I don't think we should use TCG, but he already should have statistics manipulation for himself via stuff like Double Team or Nasty Plot

Well, in Pokken there are quite a few pocket realities like special moves, and the name "Infinite Eclipse" doesn't seem to suggest that it's an illusion.

TCG abilities are allowed.

BFR: Accepted

Pocket Reality Manipulation: Accepted

Resistance Negation(Negates Resistance to Darkness Manipulation): Accepted

Damage Boost(Statistics Amplification): Accepted

Life-Force Absorption: Accepted

Portal Creation: Accepted

Time Travel: Accepted

One-Hit Kill: Accepted

Concluded, the abilities should be added to Darkrai's page.

@Neo

Since the abilities have been long accepted now, you should probably just ask Dragon, Cal, or another staff member to add them in so no more bumping has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back