• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ness vs Terrarian

Chrisras said:
How much of the hax Terrarian has on this key are becuse of items? like healing, magic, etc?
Don't know, but I'll try to figure it out.

EDIT: Overlord beat me to it, thank you though.

Then probably Ness, all thanks of paralysis.

Paralysis mayor traits are the fact that:

1- It reduces mobility by a big margin. This can be seen in the description of the abilitie, which states that it numbs the body to a degree that dificulties proper movement. In game, when a character gets this status, they can be seen in the overworld barely moving thanks to it.

2- It completly nullifies physical combat. When hit by it, the abilitie to use weapons for face to face combat is destroyed, this can be seen when everyone that gets it by it can't no longer fight with melee attacks and the only way to counter attack is by PSI, attacks that can be only be done with the use of the mind. It also blocks range weapons, as seen as it block people like Jeff from using his guns and bazookas. Basically, everything related to physical weapons or attacks is gone.

3- It blocks the use of equipment. This is probably the biggest treath to Terrarian. When it by hit, characters can no longer access their items to use during the combat. This blocks Jeff from using his rockets, missiles, bombs, and to everyone else, healing items, stats buff and debuff items and even different weapons. It even block them from changing weapons and armor mid fight.

4- Is a status effect that doesn't disappear by time. It will stick until the end of the battle, and whitout healing items or PSI skills, it can't be cured.

So basically, I see the fight going like this:

They start fighting, either Terrarian cast his buffs to gain advantage or faces Ness instantly attacking and trying to debuff him, and Ness tries to either use Hypnosis and Paralysis. Why use supportive abilities before stuff like Rockin?, becuse Ness seems like a supportive character by nature, literaly, besides Rockin and Flash (Which its only damaging property is its OHKO chance) everything else he has for his PSI abilities are supportive, and not wanting to use debuffs to enchance your chances of victory seems dumb. If Hypnosis is use, it will probrably fail, since Terrarian is an expert in crafting futuristic weapons and advance technology, wich also means he as a big IQ, wich is similar to Jeff's, so that won't work, so he'll resort to Paralysis.

Since i'm not seeing resistance to it in his page, i'll asume it will work. If he starts with Paralysis ignore the above. Once hit by it, Terrarian will lose a big portion of his hax, since as stated above, everything he has comes from items, which are blocked once hit by paralysis.

His mobility will also suffer, since as also shown in game, enemies like birds and even UFO's suffer the consequences of paralysis, so Terrarians Wings or gadgets will become either useless or inefficient.

His combat will also become useless, since he will not be able to use his swords, guns, magic books, staffs or everything for that matter.

Since sutff like his healing potions and big hax are on his inventory, he won't be able to access to them, so he only would have access to what he has at the start of the fight.

And considering the fact that paralysis doesn't worn out, he's stuck like this for the rest of the fight.

Next act is Ness either hiting him until he falls or casting Rockin omega.

Regarding other aspects such as experience, I think they are evenly matched, since both of them fight some weird sh**t during their adventures, and I highly doubt survival and construction stuff would work during battle unless there's prep time, and even if Terrarian tries to construct something during the battle, he'll be unable to reach his construction materials thanks to paralysis.

so yeah ness.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask how far into AP is Terrarian.

Transforming his calc to kilotons give's me this: 2.743109704e-13, and I'm not that good at math to know if those are well into 5 kilotons.

@Chrisras The Terrarian scale to being > Golem > Plantera > Mechanical Bosses > Wall of Flesh and the Wall of Flesh's feat is 27.4 kilotons

while Ness scales from the nuclear reactor enemys explosion, which is around 20 kilotons

Well, Ness scales to being>>enemy 1>2>3>20 kilotons, but Terrarian still has the advantage. But since the difference is not beyond 2x and shields exits I think this does not make a big factor to the fight itself.

Now, what really concerns me is the fact that I just noticed that resistance to power nullyfication is on the Terrarians profile, and I don't know if paralysis counts as one and if it does, I don't know if Terrarian is resistance to that type, so I'm still concerned.

Couldn't PK Flash save his life? It could cause OHK or status effect inducement, which I don't think he has resistance to. It also ignores durability, which will give Terrarian a bad time.

While Flash seems like a good option due to its versatile nature, I still think he wouldn't start with it due to it depends a lot in luck, and comparing that to Hypnosis and Paralysis wich are guaranteed to hit with their default status effect on the go, it really seems more like a last resort option.

I'd say Paralysis works

1) Paralysis isn't cursed, and one thing that cursed is missing, is that it only restrict the use of items meaning it doesn't paralyze your body

2) Paralysis makes your body too numb to move, which is probably why you can't use any of your items, and last time I checked, The Terrarian doesn't have resistance to Paralysis

I don't know to what extent they are similar, since paralysis has a different method to cancel the items. So I'll agree with DaBigP and keep my vote to Ness.

DaBigP said:
I'd say Paralysis works

1) Paralysis isn't cursed, and one thing that cursed is missing, is that it only restrict the use of items meaning it doesn't paralyze your body

2) Paralysis makes your body too numb to move, which is probably why you can't use any of your items, and last time I checked, The Terrarian doesn't have resistance to Paralysis
  • cough* ankh shield *cough*

• cOugH paralysis isn't a curse cOugH* (I JUST explained why paralysis would work and how it isn't curse)
And Flash ignores durability, so the shield is useless.

I saw the title and came prepped with tons of arguments, but I don't think I could have put it better than those above.

Ness FRA.

Bump

Ness - 5 (DaBigP, Chrisras, GreyFang82, ZackMoon1234, Dargoo Faust)

Terrarian - 1 (Powerful logan 999)

Back