• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Bruh what.

Please don't tell me it's yet another Inconclusive matchup.

Mhm, I'm not entirely sure if Ness could resist this effect: Giygas himself has Empathetic Manipulation. If he can't, sadly this is inconclusive.

Also there's the whole thing about Magicant that Ness creates and absorbed to himself, but like I said, not sure if he could resist or not. If he can, then my vote still stands.

Wait what

Wouldn't Ness be able to resist here? I'm not quite sure if Nessa is around Giygas's potency of Empathic Manip.

And refer back to my previous comment about Fate hax. I don't think it's a stomp.

As in, Empathic through Conceptual Manipulation? Is there a range limit to this? The only thing I could come up with is Giygas being a Type 1 Abstract, but that's probably not the same.

Uh, wouldn't Passive Fate Hax do something here?

Faster? Could you perhaps elaborate more on that? Both abilities are passive after all, and as such, I don't believe there should be some "faster" occurrence. Then again, I could be wrong.

Like I said, is there a range limit to this?

Being in her presence.

Ness should become happier quicker since that's easier to do than waiting for fatehax to do something. Nessa doesn't kill, and the fatehax should be removed once the hostile intent disappears.

I should have specified:

Universal+ range; she would need that in order to affect Ness. I know it states that on her profile, however it doesn't specify much. An addition to this, Fate Manipulation has 2-C range.

Just a reminder Ness and co. can still get incaped while under protection of truth (Which is why I do not agree that their "unconciousness" in Mother 2 is that, it's quite clearly death but that's for a CRT). Fate protects him from death, she's making him happy, so she wins the fight without physically affecting Ness or killing him, truth has no real reason to step in.

My question regarding the range of Nessa's Empathic Manipulation has not been answered/elaborated on yet. If it ain't touching Ness, then Nessa is at a major disadvantage.

Of course, if it works on Ness, then there would be no signs of evil or hostility which in turns means Truth can't do its magic on her since she's indeed harmless to the universe. However, it could be assumed that TOTU can work its way in the beginning of the fight.

If it's at High 3-A and Ness is the universe itself, it's affecting him.

The beginning of the fight truth would just make it that Ness can't die, and Nessa's passive hax is literally just making Ness happy.

If it's High 3-A, then I don't really think it should affect him as it isn't messing with the entire Space-Time Continuum. If it's Low 2-C, then yes it would work.

High 3-A is Infinte 3D/3D with a small degree of 4D hax. Tho someone can correct me on that.

TheQuirkyBoy said:
I should have specified:

Universal+ range; she would need that in order to affect Ness. I know it states that on her profile, however it doesn't specify much. An addition to this, Fate Manipulation has 2-C range.
Did you not read this

So if it is Uni+ then it hits, and passive fate manip won't do anything since she isn't killing Ness, or really doing any form of harm to him.

Once again, it doesn't specify the range on her profile.

Prove to me that Empathic Manipulation has Universal+ range and I'll be convinced. You're just saying that it will hit because the profile said so without any form of elaboration.

Fate hax for example has 2-C range since TOTU is handling it.

Back