• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NEP clarification

Sniper670

He/Him
So I made this CRT and it got pretty shaky about NEP. It's answered here, but that answer.......didn't translate very well.

How exactly do you get each Nature type of NEP.. I'm. Especially interested in Nature type 2. I know being in a transdual state will grant it, but that's not an explicit requirement, and you can acquire it by other means.

Wdym? Anyways im also interested so following.

Edit: does not having any concept in general count as nep 2?

Last edited:
Nope. Well that's not nep nature type 2, but if he's immaterial, he'd get NEP Nature type 1, Aspect Type 2 for lacking the particular concept

"In the case the character is said to lack a concept and everything that makes him "exist", including mind, body and soul, it should classify as Aspect Type 1 and 3 too, from what I understand.
But overall it all comes down to how the verse treats the lack of concept. There might be cases in which a characters that doesn't have a concept is still tangible, which would mean he wont even classify as NEP."

That's the info I have for that

I linked the answer up top.

If you lack all concepts yet have a body, you'll not qualify for nep

Well, you have to proof in some way that you are in a transdual state of nothingness for Nature Type 2.
So usually you have two options. First is something about transduality is stated. The second is that your nothingness is so nothing that it lacks even the concept of nothing.

Well, you have to proof in some way that you are in a transdual state of nothingness for Nature Type 2.
So usually you have two options. First is something about transduality is stated. The second is that your nothingness is so nothing that it lacks even the concept of nothing.
How about type 3?

1.Then why doesn't the page make TD a requirement for type 2? (it's listed as "often", implying you don't need to be TD to get it)

2. Also what does Being primordial Chaos grant you. The fundamental nothingness that undermines all existence and Non existence

How about type 3?
Well, any kind of paradoxical nothingness applies here, if said nothingness is nothing-like enough to make you immune to regular attacks on that aspect. (and the usual no physical existence thing is cleared)

The most common example is a character that supposedly has a nonexistence mind, yet still can think. If you really lack a mind, you shouldn't be able to do that. So the fact that the character is thinking proves they have a mind of some sort. They don't literally lack it. However, that mind might be of a 'nature of nothingness' that makes it behave as if nonexistent in virtually every other way, including that people with mind hax just can't find it because it doesn't really exist. Since it is nonexistent for practical purposes, even if still existent from some other perspective, this would be Nature Type 3.

1.Then why doesn't the page make TD a requirement for type 2? (it's listed as "often", implying you don't need to be TD to get it)
Because you can be non-dual without being transdual. Transduality implies an added element of superiority, which isn't needed here.

Also, just generally, I like to make things not more restrictive than necessary because there always pops up some case I didn't think of.

2. Also what does Being primordial Chaos grant you. The fundamental nothingness that undermines all existence and Non existence
I'm gonna go ahead and say nothing without proper context.

Because you can be non-dual without being transdual. Transduality implies an added element of superiority, which isn't needed here.
Sure
Also, just generally, I like to make things not more restrictive than necessary because there always pops up some case I didn't think of.
makes sense
I'm gonna go ahead and say nothing without proper context.
I'm going to be straight. This is about Arceus here and I had an issue cos it seems everyone was confused

He's one with the Primordial Nothingness that preceded creation, whether existence or non existence. Lacks a mind, body or soul as he predates anything and is transcendent /unbounded by these things(which got him low 1C) . Including the dualities established by the Reality and the Distortion world(Existence and Non existence)

What does this qualify as? cos the crt is clusterfuck atm

He's one with the Primordial Nothingness that preceded creation, whether existence or non existence. Lacks a mind, body or soul as he predates anything and is transcendent /unbounded by these things(which got him low 1C) . Including the dualities established by the Reality and the Distortion world(Existence and Non existence)

What does this qualify as? cos the crt is clusterfuck atm
From what I remember from Pokémon sources I don't think what's actually said is that clear, so I won't comment on it.
Generally am avoiding Pokémon debates.

I think a much easier way to ask the same question would be "If you pre-date, and created, the concepts of both existence and nonexistence, are you NEP Nature 2?"

Star spirits Imaginary numbers itself is an axiomatic mathematical element that can't be proven right nor wrong. Furthermore, an amalgam itself applied to imaginary numbers is non-existent. Why? Because there are only one type of Imaginary number.
In terms of binary, where existence is 1 and nonexistence is 0, this would be part 0 and part 1 simultaneously.

This qualifies for Type 3 as Imaginary Number itself are axioms so it would be believed to exist (1) or not believed to exist (0) simultaneously.

Back