• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Negative Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there may be no popular example in fiction, and really no actual example I can think of other than hypothetical negative dimensions portrayed by scientists, how would we handle those, here? What would the logic be like?

Essentially, you could view negative dimensions as three things: A lower "octave," if you will of our dimensions, in that they would be weaker than OUR form of dimensions but not their own, our dimensions becoming higher tiered or something, something beneath even the concept of an 11-C that couldn't affect our characters at all (i.e. a N/A tier character like Pokey Minch) or they could just be equivalent to our tiers, but backwards. This is an interesting topic, though. I don't think it's not explored in fiction at all, though I can't think of any example off the top of my head.

I do not know how we should handle a concept like this. Sorry.

It could potentially be possible; the topic doesn't seem absurd by any intents, just odd and not particularly common in fiction, even more so than the already rare higher dimensions. I feel though as if a character like this would be rated Unknow, N/A or whatever's relative in tier to which negative dimension corresponds to its positive, with the stipulation of it being defined that they are in a negative dimension and not a positive one. Although, perhaps it wouldn't be as simple as that. What's most likely though is just scaling that character to whomever they can fight against with the most proficiency. If none, Unknow. If like, a 5-D being. Unknow. Possibly/At least High 2-A. You could go down a rabbit hole with this, but in math a negative dimension wouldn't necessarily mean that it's infinitely beneath our dimensions (N/A) and even if it did, we would simply be on a higher "octave," of dimensions, although that's not necessarily quantifiable.

In a logical profile creation they would just scale to whoever they are as/more powerful than. But I strongly sense an "'''Unknown'''" rating.

Well, it might be best to attempt to deal with the concept if an important fictional franchise uses it, and ignore it othervise.

If they wanted to make an FC/OC of it based off our rules, would they just be able to put whatever they wished? (not that I or they would) Or would it be more similar to the things I proposed?

Like, a negative one-dimensional being should be infinitely weaker than the Monarch of Pointland. Aeyu, you're right, it could just go in the opposite direction.

Most likely it would. Such a thing would likely have to be directly specified, though.

>Monarch of Pointland becomes an entity infinitely superior to another.

Yeah, I like the idea.

It could eventually happen. As fiction moves forward, authors/content creators are increasingly trying to be more and more innovative. That being said, I like discussing hypotheticals; it does more than just answer questions, but also helps out FC/OC pages, like the N/A tier, which this could potentially fall under if these beings are introduced to "higher," dimensional reality. My biggest question would be this: What complexity would a singularity have that a negative dimensional/inferior to dimensions being would not? Or would the tiers essentially work backward to where Negative High 2-A is essentially equivalent to 5-D characters, but in a way where they will always cancel out with other beings?

Since this discussion will most likely not lead anywhere, perhaps we should close it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back