• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Need help to Understand please. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

UeTa

She/Her
So, I'm pretty new on everything like calc and other. And so I would need a hand.
I would like to know the difference between joules and. . . Joules.

. . .

Yeah that's complicated eh, actually I noticed that on the Attack Potency page there were two types of value in joules, one using exponent and another that don't. Say as "conventional terms". And so, I would like to know if you know a calculator that can transform the energy in normal joules in that of conventional joules? I have read that a conventional Joule is the energy it takes to lift an 32g apple to 1m height.

I thought that it should always be spelled with a big letter J, and that other spelling is just typos, but I may be mistaken.

No problem. I didn't find any small j:s though.

@Antvasima

Well, in the Attack Potency char, 40 conventional term Joules = 4x101 Joules

Well, i'm not strong in math, but I think that 4x10E+1 = 400 conventional term joules, not 40.

Unless a Conventional Joule = 10 joules of energy. I see a error here.

Oh, can I have an explanation please? As I said above I am a bit lost. I used a calculator and 4x10E+1J = 400, but in "conventional" term you put 40J instead.

From what I remember 10^1=10. Anyway, I have other tasks to do. My apologies.

>Yeah that's complicated eh, actually I noticed that on the Attack Potency page there were two types of value in joules, one using exponent and another that don't. Say as "conventional terms". And so, I would like to know if you know a calculator that can transform the energy in normal joules in that of conventional joules?

One is called "Energy in Conventional Terms" and the other one is "Energy in Joules".

The former are the terms that are used to refer to energy: Joules, Kilojoules, Megajoules, Grams of TNT, Kilograms of TNT, Tons of TNT, Kilotons of TNT, Megatons of TNT and like that till the end.

The latter are just the joules that asre eaqual to each term used in the other row.

5.8 Kilotons of TNT = 2.42672x10^13 Joules

Energy in Conventional Terms = 5.8 Kilotons of TNT

Energy in Joules = 2.42672x10^13 Joules

There is no convertion from normal joules to conventional joules, you just need to convert the joules to a the term used in each tier if you want. For that just google "Joules to kilotons of tnt" or to the term that you want to convert.

Also, read this section of the calculation page.

>Oh, can I have an explanation please? As I said above I am a bit lost. I used a calculator and 4x10E+1J = 400, but in "conventional" term you put 40J instead.

Scientific notatio.

It is either "4x10^1" or "4E+1", but not "4x10E+1". Both "10^1" and "E+1" denotates the same thing in math, so if you put "10E+1" then the calculator will recognize it as 100, not as an exponent of the previous number.

aka the calculator is mrk, it is like this.

As the "E" in one already means the "10" in the other.

@Alex

Thank you for helping out. Do the Attack Potency values need to be updated in the manner that you described above?

@AlexSoloVaAlFuturo

Wow, thank you! I finally understand a little bit. I'm gonna check these pages for sure. ^^

So basically it's exactly the same amout of energy, i'm pretty stupid I know.

@Antv

Npsu~. No, the page already have it like how I described it.

@Le Cookie Salé

Npsu~. Ok.

Yeah, everything is the same. Eh, you are probably not the first one who got confused by that, so don't worry. If you have x question about calcs you can go to my wall and ask there.

I think i'm good now, I understood, I learned how to turn scientific notation into standard notation, which allows me to have the real numbers in joules. For examples :

4.184x1017J (Baseline Mountain lvl) = 418 400 000 000 000 000/4 184┬╣Ôü┤ J

2.487x1032J

= 2 487┬▓Ôü╣/248 700 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 J (Baseline Planel lvl)

Well, yeah, the x10^17 just means that the point was moved 17 times.

But I don't understand the meaning of: "/4 184┬╣Ôü┤" and "2 487┬▓Ôü╣/"

It's just the numbers of zeros, the ┬╣Ôü┤ mean that the numbers have 14 zeros after it's 4 184.

@Alex

Thank you for the help. Should I close this now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back