• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't remove limits from abilities or modes. It's like saying Guy can use the Eight Gates indefinitely and it doesn't hurt him, or Akame using Ennodzuno indefinitely.

I asked another admin(and gonna ask @cal as well) about it. Thou in the end likely creating a thread about is the best.

Also aren't sonic's mode limits pretty high?

Common sense :^)

If I had an attack that could one shot you but needed 1 minute of concentration to charge, I can't just remove that restriction.

Unite My Rice said:
Common sense :^)
If I had an attack that could one shot you but needed 1 minute of concentration to charge, I can't just remove that restriction.
Exactly. Removing limitations from techniques is illogical as it defeats the purpose of the limitation completely.

Well if there is a limitation to natsu's form than i have no choice but to lean on naruto's greater versatility which will take advantage of it.

Couldve sworn we could give unlimited time for forms. Well, I'll remove it once again

For the limited time thing, it doesn't make a match a stomp automatically. For example, like Scarlet has mentioned, Akame has limited time in her Ennoodzuno mode, but her matches aren't called stomps and she actually has a victory in that form. For Gai, the Eighth Gate actually breaks his body down, his time is incredibly limited and he has to pressure and bull rush his opponent + he'll still die anyway (this part will probably be considered as a win for him though) and he had like, three losses that weren't called or determined to be stomps.

Unlimited time for modes or forms shouldn't even be allowed.

The Akame comparison isn't a good one to use. Her power is literally she kills anyone she cuts with her sword once, but a match like this where the two characters involved are equal in stats so it isn't a oneshot, the character can't maintain that level of power for a significant time and he doesn't have any game changing hax to even it out like say Akame's one cut one kill and it just makes for an imbalanced fight.

A match between two generally equal characters will then be decided by; "oh well X can only fight for 5 mins, so unless he can beat Y his equal in every way in that time then Y automatically wins" it makes for stale and predictable outcomes. It's like playing against someone online whose the exact same level as u in a game but u have 5 mins to beat him while he has all the time in the world; that's just a recipe for rage quitting.

One thing problem about natsu in this form is he can just land 1 atck after thank idk what happen...he stipl havr that power or not

@David

That's how it is for Lee and Gai. They can't maintain the gates for a significant period of time since simply activating it damages their body and tears their muscles apart. Yet they're still expected to beat their opponent when simply making contact with them causes incredible pain for them.

Just use another version of Natsu, and it's okay.

@BFF I'm sorry just how many fights does Guy have? None Guy has no fights at all. And Lee's only fight is against Sonic where the time limit isn't even discussed or considered; the closest it comes to being considered is someone saying "Lee goes 8th gate Stomps Sonic then dies" that's it.

Akame's two victories with her mode on a time limit are Kagura and Sonic, neither of whom have any form of resistance to poison, hence a game changing hax. None of her other fights even have her timed mode used.

ScarletFirefly said:
You can't remove limits from abilities or modes. It's like saying Guy can use the Eight Gates indefinitely and it doesn't hurt him, or Akame using Ennodzuno indefinitely.
A lots of battles had their time limit removed. But is kind of the majority of the wiki, case by case. Some characters having their time limit removed but barely make a diferrence, while others would become a straight stomp.

Dunno, I just know about his former losses. And Lee had one against Sanji that he almost lost (I think it became outdated or something).

I'm talking about Akame vs Snorlax, which Akame has almost won if I'm remembering correctly.

Well, that's just what I think. Unlimited times for modes doesn't sound good to me. Then the other supporters for the other guy might ask for unlimited time for his favored character's mode as well.

Like, just change it to another form of Natsu. If SFDM was the only form of Natsu that's High 6-C, I can see why prolonged arguments would be made (even if I won't support it), but it isn't so no need to clutter the thread with stuff like that.

@Gargoyle No it isn't; it points out that our "standard" concerning this issue is non-existent, in some threads no one considers the time limit in others they become significant and then later it isn't considered again. If this rule is going to be enforced or even brought up in any way a set standard and clear rules need to be made.

I wouldn't say that Natsu's SFDM is necessarily limited. He simply wasted all his magic on one mega shot to defeat Acnologia. He had only one chance while Acnologia was frozen, and he used it. He should be able to keep up this mode in a normal fight.

About the match... I don't know yet. Want to see more people's opinions to make a clear decision.

We can remove the limits so np there(at least @cal and couple of other people said we can). Also he attacked Acno twice ones off screen after he said "I can't win" and second when he all of sudden one shots with plot armor.

I think Naruto takes this.

He has many more avenues of attack. His cloak not only protects him but is also allows him to form chakra arms for all manner of things. He can create them to extend his reach, to block or bat aside attacks, to manouver himself around the battlefield. Not to mention that he can use these to help pulling off rasengan attacks. If Natsu engages Naruto in close combat, he risks possibly becoming entangled by chakra arms, which could leave him open to follow up attacks.

Naruto also has some regen to Natsu's none. While Naruto regen is not especially impressive, it is higher in this state and gives him a small edge. He can recover better from hits than Natsu can, even if only a little. Considering that the two of them are on a similiar level, that's still worth noting.

The Rasenshuriken is the elephant in the room. Yes, Naruto has to hit Natsu but that all he has to do. One direct hit and Natsu's done for. The is made worse by the fact that Natsu doesn't have something to equalize that. By that, I mean that Naruto has the potential to take Natsu out in one go but Natsu cannot do the same. So while this isn't a game breaker it does mean that Naruto can possibly end this all in a single attack where Natsu's reduced to slugging this out.

The clones are still a good tool. Even if Natsu can destory them on mass, so can a lot of others and there still useful in spite of that. They'll still be an ever present threat and can still help Naruto pull of combination attacks or manouvers. Maybe they can't overwhelm Natsu but they'll still be a thorn in his side.

So, yeah, I think Naruto as all the tools he needs to come out ahead of this.

I'll count that so

Naruto - 7 (Knightofannihilation666, TheFinalOrder, ShrekAlmighty, Dat Dot, RoyGundam, GallantKnight X, TheC2)

Natsu - 2 (Omega998, Newestfighter)

Natsu is quite powerful but I see no way I can beat this Naruto, who is more versatile and cunning, has a much greater resistance to his, a much higher destructive power, a lifting and striking strength above Natsu and an higher attack range too.

Natsu has good attacks and abilities, but outside of the plot conveniences, plot armor and nakama power of Fairy Tail he loses a lot. Facing characters from other series out of those advantages is already in trouble, I don't even remember some attack of Natsu that is able to slightly damage Naruto. I vote for Naruto for these reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back