• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why.
20211021_010400.jpg

Ikemoto, at his best, is a pretty good artist, and his illustrations are nice.
To me, his New Era designs are better than those of Kishimoto (i.e., the ones they use in the anime), especially Hinata.

His battle choreography in particular was originally very obviously Dragon Ball-inspired, but he has picked up the slack considerably since then. Although, he still has a long ways to go before he could ever match Kishimoto in terms of overall illustration.

boruto is still boring though

What I hate about Boruto, despite its existance, is the art during the fight. As the user above said, Ikemoto uses Dragon Ball's fighting style, aka panels with the characters rushing, kicking and punching with speed-lines in the panel. Cool, it works for Dragon Ball because Akira is a genius, but Ikemoto is an idiot. Dude exaggerate on this speed-lines, there are pages full of speed-lines on ALL PANELS. And there are at least 40 panels of the characters rushing towards each other. It's ridiculous.

And all fights are basically the same because of that. They have the same panels and choreography, just change the skin and gg, Boruto fights.

I just don't understand what part of the story crafting team thought "hey let's remove the cool ass jutsu and dumb everything down to hand-to-hand combat" was a good idea. Especially, when just prior we see Nard and Sussy making moons and Toneri splitting the moon. This is exemplified when they're given the chance to go all out in a DIFFERENT DIMENSION and perform tier 9 feats at best, like cmon man Nardo and Saucy are gods of the verse, make em look like it.

I just don't understand what part of the story crafting team thought "hey let's remove the cool ass jutsu and dumb everything down to hand-to-hand combat" was a good idea. Especially, when just prior we see Nard and Sussy making moons and Toneri splitting the moon. This is exemplified when they're given the chance to go all out in a DIFFERENT DIMENSION and perform tier 9 feats at best, like cmon man Nardo and Saucy are gods of the verse, make em look like it.
I feel that. So many hax that were underutilized. Don't get me wrong, I love the taijutsu, and the showings of it especially in the Baryon Mode Naruto VS Isshiki fight was phenomenal, but they could still incorporate some of their other abilities and hax into those fights as well. I do kind of miss some of the big brain strategies they'd use at times to get the W.

I feel that. So many hax that were underutilized. Don't get me wrong, I love the taijutsu, and the showings of it especially in the Baryon Mode Naruto VS Isshiki fight was phenomenal, but they could still incorporate some of their other abilities and hax into those fights as well. I do kind of miss some of the big brain strategies they'd use at times to get the W.
I love taijutsu too, but like I wonder if they ever thought of incorporating big jutsu explosions and taijutsu in the same fight HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I love taijutsu too, but like I wonder if they ever thought of incorporating big jutsu explosions and taijutsu in the same fight HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Plus, they could, idk, do more with Sakura and/or Rock Lee, characters who would primarily be relegated to taijutsu?

Also, I highkey thought you were LordGinSama for a second. I miss him already.

Main issue with the fights, besides the awful art, is the lack of consistency. Of course, Kishimoto wasn't the most consistent author we have, but he isn't the worst either. Naruto and Sasuke Vs Jigen, I still think it's a cool fight in the manga, but damn, if you're gonna create a characters that is stronger than Naruto and Sasuke together, at least make it consistent and understandable rather than creating doubts. For this reason, I still think that Naruto and Sasuke during the War Arc are more powerful than their adults version, at least, feats wise. Why? Well, because Kodachi created more doubts, why didn't Sasuke try all his Rinnegan stuff? Sure, it may not work, but damn, show it not working, doesn't need to show all their arsenal not working on Jigen, but showing nothing? Nah mate, that's not how you do fights and I've never created one lmao.

Also, I highkey thought you were LordGinSama for a second. I miss him already.
😭 Man bequeathed me this pfp, I wear it in his honor.

For this reason, I still think that Naruto and Sasuke during the War Arc are more powerful than their adults version, at least, feats wise.
Yeah you know it's bad when you got people consistently being like "are Naruto and Sasuke nerfed?"

****, what about Bayron Mode? The greatest Naruto/Boruto franchise asspull and the most useless transformation, and the ugliest as well. We've never been told about anything similar to this, this was obviously something created at the last second. Doesn't work outside that specific situation and context, sure, it's not made to work outside that situation, wich proves even more that this was an asspull lmao. Boil Release for sure would be better if you wanted Naruto to get a boost.

I think a lot of comes from the setting up Kaguya and from the Boruto Movie itself. It seems like the writers might've felt stuck with the Alien clan and their chakra absorption and he ended up using them as a natural extension for the Naruto story. So we pretty much got stuck with taijutsu till they found some way to get rid of the chakra absorption aspect that all the top tiers seem to come built with.

Personally, I hope with these Cyborgs and with our current players that they move more away from that since when Karma and absorption aren't involved the manga seems more willing to let the characters have variety with their techniques.

Only good thing that came out from this whole Taijutsu fuckery is the Bayron Mode Vs Isshiki fight, that from all manga fight, is the second one to get a 10/10 animation. Can't belive the anime ****** up with some cool fights like Koji Vs Jigen/Isshiki and Naruto and Sasuke Vs Jigen.

😭 Man bequeathed me this pfp, I wear it in his honor.

Yeah you know it's bad when you got people consistently being like "are Naruto and Sasuke nerfed?"
Facts.

****, what about Bayron Mode? The greatest Naruto/Boruto franchise asspull and the most useless transformation, and the ugliest as well. We've never been told about anything similar to this, this was obviously something created at the last second. Doesn't work outside that specific situation and context, sure, it's not made to work outside that situation, wich proves even more that this was an asspull lmao. Boil Release for sure would be better if you wanted Naruto to get a boost.
I liked Baryon Mode's appearance personally. But yeah, Chekhov's gun. Gun is introduced in Act 1, gun is fired in Act 2. Baryon Mode was an AK-47 that descended from heaven to blast the bad guys. It was cool imo, but could have been written way better...

I think a lot of comes from the setting up Kaguya and from the Boruto Movie itself. It seems like the writers might've felt stuck with the Alien clan and their chakra absorption and he ended up using them as a natural extension for the Naruto story. So we pretty much got stuck with taijutsu till they found some way to get rid of the chakra absorption aspect that all the top tiers seem to come built with.

Personally, I hope with these Cyborgs and with our current players that they move more away from that since when Karma and absorption aren't involved the manga seems more willing to let the characters have variety with their techniques.
I'm all for upping the stakes with hax instead of continuous power creep. However, the use of jutsu absorption spam is ridiculous. I think they're learning with the Cyborgs, Daemon can reflect killer intent, Eida is a pedo has clairvoyance, and Code has a neat tp jutsu that is reminiscent of Kamui or Flying Raijin. Which are all super dope. What is not super dope is Momoshiki got jutsu absorb, Jigen/Isshiki can shrink it, Delta can absorb jutsu, it gets so lame. Like Madara could absorb jutsu but he still got hit by clever jutsu placing by Naruto and Sasuke.

10/10 animation.
I'll give the anime credit they made Baryon Mode look and feel badass (even if it came out of Ikemoto's crusty ass).

Yeah last thing I'll say about Eida, idc if she's technically only 12 or whatever cuz she's a cyborg. She's drawn as a grown ass woman fiending over little boys, it's uncomfortable to read.

The writers of Boruto think they're slick. As if us not knowing her age is gonna stop us from seeing the clear sus warnings that are blaring around her whenever Boruto or Kawaki are involved.

Let's not talk about Sarada's early design either

TL;DR Ikemoto is sus. But that's nothing new.
Otsutsuki are sus they like to insert themselves into people

I thought she was drawn more as a teenager, since her design reminds me a lot of Shippuden Era Hinata.

Edit: Just looked at her design again to check myself, I think her face and hair remind me of Hinata. Completely forgot her outfit

Back