• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That’s not at all what’s being said here.

All it means is the Juubi or a weapon that uses all 9 Bijuu is dozens of times stronger than CST and that Kurama is necessary for that eventuality.

none of this contradicts Kurama’s scaling.
Kurama is much more than dozens of times stronger than CST currently though (as it's weaker than CT which is 46 gigatons). The word dozens wouldn't be used if it's actually supposed to be thousands which it is rn. I'm saying 1/100th as a lowball as he'd logically say hundreds of times if it was more than that.

Kurama is much more than dozens of times stronger than CST currently though (as it's weaker than CT which is 46 gigatons). The word dozens wouldn't be used if it's actually supposed to be thousands which it is rn. I'm saying 1/100th as a lowball as he'd logically say hundreds of times if it was more than that.
Kishimoto pulled a Darth Vader. He changed it. Pray he doesn’t change it furthur… 💀

Also the cst is calc’d to like 7-B, which is many many many dozens of times below even the first from Juubi. Sparkle trying to cap the verse at 7-A, IMade style

You're saying this as if Pain has an omniscient knowledge of how strong the Bijuu would be together or when formed into the Juubi.

Not to mention, dozens is mostly likely a lowball on his behalf because he would have no way of knowing how strong the Juubi is or the Bijuu together. Especially since we know Bijuu chakra when combined is far greater than a linear amp.

Also, we see later on after his claim of it being dozens of times his CST, that "he had no idea Kurama was this powerful" in reference to just the V2 Eight-Tails of half of Kurama let alone the compounded power of all of them combined.

So yeah, Pain/Nagato is not a good reference for how exactly strong the Bijuu would be together or even Kurama beyond a low-end estimate.

Last edited:
Sparkle doesn’t know that dozens of times can encompass any multiple of 12 that’s 24 or larger
Technically it can, but why say dozens when it's a higher order of magnitude where a better word would be suited? It'd be like if someone said they're several times stronger than before but they really meant hundreds, just cause several doesn't have a set in stone limit. It's possible, but it's highly unlikely.
Also the cst is calc’d to like 7-B, which is many many many dozens of times below even the first from Juubi. Sparkle trying to cap the verse at 7-A, IMade style
It's obviously much much stronger than that in terms of AP considering even a basic ST is 6-C. Also the combined power of the Bijuu is directly stated in that same panel to be Country level so obviously I'm not saying that 💀

@OneBleachHurricane Literally how does this relate to Minato 😭
Sparkle should be banned from making CRTs for the verse.
Well that's not very nice or true
You're saying this as if Pain has an omniscient knowledge of how strong the Bijuu would be together or when formed into the Juubi.

Not to mention, dozens is mostly likely a lowball on his behalf because he would have no way of knowing how strong the Juubi is or the Bijuu together. Especially since we know Bijuu chakra when combined is far greater than a linear amp.
I know, I'm saying he should at least be taking into account the linear total of their power though (probably their Bijuudamas considering that's the kind of weapon you'd use if trying to wipe a country off the map in one go)
Also, we see later on after his claim of it being dozens of times his CST, that "he had no idea Kurama was this powerful" in reference to just the V2 Eight-Tails of half of Kurama let alone the compounded power of all of them combined.

So yeah, Pain/Nagato is not a good reference for how exactly strong the Bijuu would be together or even Kurama beyond a low-end estimate.
Hmmmmm sure I suppose that's fine. If anything that somewhat implies 8T Naruto might be bordering on Country level since he already expected their combined power to easily be that strong and he never imagined Kurama, the strongest Bijuu, would be this powerful.

Technically it can, but why say dozens when it's a higher order of magnitude where a better word would be suited? It'd be like if someone said they're several times stronger than before but they really meant hundreds, just cause several doesn't have a set in stone limit. It's possible, but it's highly unlikely.
Ask Kishimoto why he chose dozens specifically doesn’t really address my point. 1) it’s not inherently inconsistent, 2) if you think it is, Pain can simply be wrong, 3) downgrade the verse 🔥

Ask Kishimoto why he chose dozens specifically doesn’t really address my point.
It kinda does, I'm just saying dozens meaning 24-96 or smthn makes a lot more sense than being countless dozens. Really not making any outrageous claims there
1) it’s not inherently inconsistent, 2) if you think it is, Pain can simply be wrong,
Which as Godernet showed, is true, it's more of a KCM2 Naruto upscale since KCM2 Naruto>8T Naruto>Pain's expectations~More than 1/9th of Country level = At least High 6-C+. Am I gonna make a CRT about that? No cause I know better, just leaving it out there cause I think it's a cool implication.

Also, Pain’s statement shouldn’t be taken as gospel anyways considering he doesn’t know how strong the Juubi would be. He was already flabbergasted by how strong Kyuubi was when he broke out of CT.

Ask Kishimoto why he chose dozens specifically doesn’t really address my point. 1) it’s not inherently inconsistent, 2) if you think it is, Pain can simply be wrong, 3) downgrade the verse 🔥
Also ask why he made the frog 17 meters tall which matches the tailed beast height.

I noticed wa naruto’s profile looks a little messy because the stats aren’t spaced out. Is that bc I’m on mobile orr

Speaking of the DB, I find it funny the “Water Gun” ability is stated to be LS/Lightning Speed in the Header.

Speaking of the DB, I find it funny the “Water Gun” ability is stated to be LS/Lightning Speed in the Header.
The thing with that, and Shadow actually brought this up in this chat before, so all credits to that Eldritch monster, but apparently light speed is a common metaphorical tool for Japanese works. Shadow gave an example of like a romance novel stating a car was moving at light speed. So, given that it’s in the bolded title, I wonder how legitimate that statement is. It actually makes me think about Kirin and wonder if the use of light speed for a bolt of lightning could just be using it as a literary device to highlight its speed. 🤷‍♂️ far too confusing for my taste, light speed being a common literary device is such a weird thing to me.

The thing with that, and Shadow actually brought this up in this chat before, so all credits to that Eldritch monster, but apparently light speed is a common metaphorical tool for Japanese works. Shadow gave an example of like a romance novel stating a car was moving at light speed. So, given that it’s in the bolded title, I wonder how legitimate that statement is. It actually makes me think about Kirin and wonder if the use of light speed for a bolt of lightning could just be using it as a literary device to highlight its speed. 🤷‍♂️ far too confusing for my taste, light speed being a common literary device is such a weird thing to me.

What does the Databook say in detail about it?
Idk if it says anything about it
From my experience I've noticed there's usually a different kanji for light like and light speed including in the Water Gun example if memory serves but does Shadow mean the literal version is also often used metaphorically?

Although anyways I think Kirin being LS is a lot more consistent with things portrayed as much slower being lightning speed

From my experience I've noticed there's usually a different kanji for light like and light speed including in the Water Gun example if memory serves but does Shadow mean the literal version is also often used metaphorically?
There really isn’t a big difference in the subtler cases. But yes Shadow is speaking of the literal single word for light speed.

Although anyways I think Kirin being LS is a lot more consistent with things portrayed as much slower being lightning speed
Depends, it’s more consistent with the literal databook translations. It’s less consistent with Zetsu’s explanation matched to the visuals. I think you can have a good debate about it, but it’s probably slightly easier to argue for it being light speed, since to argue against it you’d need in verse knowledge and decent Japanese language knowledge.

There really isn’t a big difference in the subtler cases. But yes Shadow is speaking of the literal single word for light speed.

Depends, it’s more consistent with the literal databook translations. It’s less consistent with Zetsu’s explanation matched to the visuals. I think you can have a good debate about it, but it’s probably slightly easier to argue for it being light speed, since to argue against it you’d need in verse knowledge and decent Japanese language knowledge.
It's funny how the most straightforward light speed statement in the series is for Haku 😭

That and like light fang. Haku because of the wording (it’s possible for Haku to move at light speed, possible definitely implies non metaphorical) and light fang cuz it’s a literal laser beam.
Eh idt Light Fang is QUITE as straightforward since laser beams don't have to always be LS in fiction and for Haku it says literal light speed movement, tho Light Fang is a solid runner up

Back