• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto & Sasuke: Did Naruto have the right to stop Sasuke in the first place?

Been thinking of making this discussion...

From the canonical end of Part 1, where Sasuke leaves the village, Naruto chases him, fights him, and loses, etc. I always wondered if Naruto ever even had the right to try and stop Sasuke from leaving Konoha and go to Orochimaru for the power needed to defeat Itachi. Now obviously, Naruto and Sasuke were each others closest friends and Naruto didn't want to let go of that special bond they had with each other since he had literally no one else. We all clearly understand and know this.

However, at the same time, I can't help but wonder that Naruto was being very selfish. After all, Naruto never had Minato or Kushina in his life. He was an orphan, unlike Sasuke who had a family. And even if he did have a family, Naruto was never put in the same situation as Sasuke. Not only never feeling the love of a family, but never knowing the experience of losing one's family, their entire bloodline on a whim. And to who of all people? His own flesh and blood brother. It's 100% understandable for why Sasuke back then was on a desperate path for power so he could get revenge and avenge his family. Even with their bond, why should Naruto have the right to stop that? It's Sasuke's own path as a ninja and if Sasuke desires to walk down it, then Naruto should be in the wrong for trying to intefere with things he could never understand.

But this is just my opinion (or at least was). What does everyone else think about this?

I mean of course he was selfish. What other boy does he have out there that he can bump uglies with? OvO

I'm just gonna say this. I never believed for a second that Naruto and Sasuke were as close as everyone pretends they were. There were plenty of other dudes who seemed like they were closer to Naruto than Sasuke ever was.

Sasuke was a victim of the ridiculous speech that Naruto uses. If you pay attention, you will see that Sasuke's ideology and thoughts made sense and were complex to be simply refuted by Naruto.

Sasuke's ideology and all that he has become with the events of the manga make him one of, if not the best character in the whole franchise

I mean, what Naruto said made sense as well. He wanted to end the cycle of pain and hatred. And, thanks to the sequel we know that's what happened. Ninja on Ninja violence has extremely slowed down and now the villains are mainly aliens.

SuperKamiNappa said:
I'm just gonna say this. I never believed for a second that Naruto and Sasuke were as close as everyone pretends they were. There were plenty of other dudes who seemed like they were closer to Naruto than Sasuke ever was.
This. We never see them actually hang out, conversate or do anything friends do. All they do is have Tsundere Moments and say "that guy isn't so bad after all" in their heads every once and a while. They act more like friends in adulthood than they had when they were kids and certainly not Teens. I'd peg Gaara or even Shikamaru as Naruto's best friend instead

Back