• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Power Scaling Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chakra level in Naruto doesn't scale to their base stats without vitalizing the body. This has always been the case.

Having Large Quantities of Chakra only means you have the potential to do more than the next Guy.

Example:

Say Naruto has a Chakra quantity of 100 and Kakashi has a Chakra Quantity of 40 and say Shadow Clones Require 3 of their reserves. If Kakashi and Naruto were to expend half of their reserves on creating clones:

• Kakashi could create 6-7
  • Naruto could create 16-17
Conversely, say we are to compare Sasuke Kakashi's Chidori and Raikiri, say again Sasuke has 100 chakra and Kakashi has 40 and say Chidori/Raikiri have a 5 requirement. Say they use half their reserves on them.

• At a 50/20 ratio, Sasuke's Chidori would have 2.5x the power of Kakashi's Raikiri.
And through chakra control, this same chakra can be routed elsewhere. @LordAizen Yes, it's tricky when it comes to certain techniques, but at a basic level, it's not.

• Naruto's Chakra Loaded Hand > Naruto's Odama Rasengan > Naruto's Odama Rasengan Barrage as an example.
Ninjutsu AP can scale accross the board through Chakra control. But like said, some techniques are tricky to scale from, if at all.

And yes, certain types of chakra has higher potency than the normal:

• Sage Chakra
  • Biju Chakra
  • Six Paths Chakra
Etc...but the mechanics are the same.

Some Naruto characters use their chakra to bolster themselves (like Sakura for example) but others don't.

The reason for this is because their bodies can't handle to much. Look at Chunin Exam Sasuke (Black Outfit), He copied Lee's speed but couldn't hold it because the stress it was putting on his body. Meaning they're bodies are limit to the amount power unless they train them.

Sakura actually train to do this, she puts chakra into her fists to make herself stronger but she obviously can't put all of it as her body has a limit. Yet you can obviously put much more chakra into your moves than your body (Naruto for example) he doesn't put chakra on his fists or body all the time instead he puts it all into his moves thus his Rasengan is always going to be stronger than his punch.

Now you could say that Naruto can put all that chakra into his body. Problem is we don't know how much his body can handle. Yes he can very well bolster himself by a lot by a lot but since they always one shot others moves, dodge each others moves or counter other moves with their own. How do we know how much they can pump into themselves if they never tank attack?.

Now Naruto (Nine Tailes Jacket Sage Mode) easily repelled the Tailed Beast bombs but he used chakra arms, not his normal body.

But their are others we can scale up from, Tailed Beast can tank other Beast bombs so even though Naruto didn't come into direct contact with them he is obviously stronger than so we can give him the benefit of the doubt that he can tank them especially since he's stronger than them.

Though we can't say if another Naruto just showed up and fired a Tailed Beast bomb at him his body would be able to tank it even though he could put chakra into it, it's impossible to say he could put the same amount of Chakra into his body as the other Naruto is putting into the Tailed Beast bomb because his body has limits.

TheFinalOrder said:
  • Naruto's Chakra Loaded Hand > Naruto's Odama Rasengan > Naruto's Odama Rasengan Barrage as an example.
I assume the first one is from The Last?

Naruto's Bijuu Sage Chakra Cloaked Hand > Oodama

The moves are only limited to the amount of chakra you can spare and obviously get bigger.

@LordGriffin Not saying it's a 100% guarantee that they can scale with chakra amping, but the mechanics in verse allow for it. What you said is true, but that's not to say they can't. It becomes unquantifiable, but again, they can. At least to a certain extent, and with Stuff like Cloaks or Chakra arms, even more so.

So, what are the conclusions here? And if they are to downgrade the character durabilities, would the changes be possible to properly quantify and apply?

I would say let's wait for revisions to be finished. After revisions are done, then we gotta do scaling because it's too variable.

All I know is that for pbysical stats, All Naruto Characters should have a "Possibly Higher" clause as in verse mechanics allows them statistics amplification to an unknown level. Some cases are more straight forward such as with Chakra Cloaks.

Well, we are still waiting for Unite My Rice to organise the Naruto revisions, and he is very busy with schoolwork at the moment.

Gemmysaur said:
-snip-
No. Naruto is physically superior to Sasuke in Six Paths Sage Bijuu Chakra Mode, but Sasuke equalizes with better skill, precog, haxx and potency.
Sasuke (Rinnegan) has superior or equal speed, seeing as he was able to speed blitz Juubi Madara (while Naruto wasn't), but I agree that Six Paths Naruto edges Sasuke out on physical strength simply by the nature of the transformation.

I agree higher chakra doesn't necessarily mean higher AP. So6P Naruto had immensely more chakra than Sasuke but they had similar AP. Naruto had- Hagoromo's chakra + 9 Biju chakra + nature chakra + senju and uzumaki dna and Sasuke had just Hagoromo chakra + jugo's curse mark.

@Joseph619

Naruto had half Hagoromo's chakra + portion of 8 Biju chakra and half kurama + nature chakra

and sasuke had half Hagoromo's chakra +all chakra from 8 Biju chakra and half kurama

sasuke without all chakra from 8 Biju and half kurama is much weaker then naruto

kaguya (chakra arm) 1 shot sasuke PS but naruto tank it low dif

also sasuke fought against exhausted naruto who was holding back

Sasuke was getting ragdolled by Kaguya whenever he got hit (see Susanoo getting rekt).

Meanwhile, Naruto vs Kaguya...

Clannad x fist of the north star fight

@Joseph

Are you talking about VoTE 2 or Pre-Madara killing them? I'm confused. And Higher Chakra does mean potential for higher AP, but that's where skill comes in.

Where's the scan that Kaguya's chakra arms one shot Sasuke's Susano'o? Because he later uses a flurry of Susano'o punches to match her chakra arms blow for blow.

As concerns Sasuke being "weaker"--he was matching So6P Naruto blow-for-blow against both Juubi Madara and Kaguya, and even blitzed Juubi Madara's greatly enhanced visual prowess, a feat that Naruto was not shown doing, I again reiterate. I'll grant that Naruto has a strength advantage to a degree, but Sasuke was as fast if not faster, and his AP matched So6P Naruto's attacks on both opponents.

As for Naruto and Sasuke's final fight, both Naruto and Sasuke were equally drained by their fight with Kaguya, and still had immense reserves of chakra in reserve. By himself, Sasuke was able to cast genjutsu capable of completely overwhelming all 9 Bijuu, as well as seal them within 9 individual Chibaku Tensei moonlets simultaneously, with nothing but the chakra he had left following the fight with Kaguya.

@Joseph619

In my opinion he was lot weaker then rsm naruto

1. as i said b4 that naruto was able to tank kaguya chakra arm while sasuke PS got 1 shot by the same attack

2. sasuke couldnt even touch kaguya while naruto was able to over power her with large number of clone, Boil Release: Unrivalled Strength and all 8 biju kkg which he didnt even use against sasuke

3. Rinagan sasuke without all chakra from 8 Biju chakra and half kurama = exhausted rsm naruto+ half kurama also was holding back

4. Rinnagan sasuke with all chakra from 8 Biju and half kurama(Indra Arrow)=exhausted RSM Naruto +half kurama with nature chakra (Tailed Beast Bomb Rasen Shuriken)

Eh scaling was wack in that arc, Kakashi had tiny bit of chakra from a dead Obito and was able to blitz Kaguya.

Gemmysaur said:
Kakashi didn't blitz anyone though. His phasing shenanigans threw everyone off their game.
His profile says kept up with Kaguya though, which doesn't make sense. Or does it?

He kept pace, not blitzed.

Besides, doesn't Sharingan get better when used as a pair as opposed to a single one that he's had for most of his life?

Sharingan doesn't increase your speed though. And it did look like he blitzed her, from the kamui raikiri scan. Either way it doesn't make sense to me, Kaguya should be so much faster it's not funny

It doesn't increase his speed, but it does his precog. Also, wasn't Kaguya preoccupied when Kakashi attacked? That, in conjunction with the unexpected phasing shtick he has...

I could accept that if she didn't have near 360 field of vision. How could she not see that coming? She could at least put on her hair as a shield even if it wouldn't work lol

Also she had Zetsu to help her plus senjutsu giving extra sensory...well whatever Kishimoto didn't really care towards the end

Kakashi could only react to Kaguya with his Six Paths Chakra enhanced Sharingan. BTW, Obito was boosted by Six Paths Chakra he stole from Madara anyways.

He didn't outright Blitz Kaguya and I doubt he could've tagged her had she not been flying at him. She engaged him, not the other way around.

did sasuke really blitz madara? like, madara had whole conversation with himself, and was teleporting at the same, while looking at sasuke, all before sasuke even got close enough to cut him. is that really a blitz?

If Sasuke suddenly appeared in front of Madara or if he dissapered from Madara's sight or if he found himself behind Madara without Madara being able to react than yes it's a blitz.

Tho I don't know what exactly happened.

nah, sasuke just ran towards him, and madara was "damn... he fast 'starts teleporting'"- sasuke activates his chidori sword, madara spits out a bit of blood, then in kamui dimension, he was ******* with obito and sakura with only his arms and torso. basically that.

TheFinalOrder said:
@LordGriffin Not saying it's a 100% guarantee that they can scale with chakra amping, but the mechanics in verse allow for it. What you said is true, but that's not to say they can't. It becomes unquantifiable, but again, they can. At least to a certain extent, and with Stuff like Cloaks or Chakra arms, even more so.
I will no way shape or form deny that they can amp themselves with chakra. I know they can, it's just their bodies are limited to the amount they can enhance them but their moves can definitely be amped much higher from what they have shown.

I agree with waiting for the revisions to finish, I simply wanted to create this thread to get an accurate way to scale them. I'm going to make a part to to this thread to show those who asked me what my proposal was.

But I do agree on waiting I'm just showing proposal.

We must analyze this event not only catalog it in that way hastily. The context in which Sakura hit Kaguya is the next: being seriously hurt by the previous attack of Kakashi which went through a considerable part of her body, being in a critical and desperate situation trying to escape from the sealed Naruto and Sasuke, and the more important that Kaguya didn't see Sakura as a threat or pay the slightest attention to Sakura even pass her by a meter away. Clearly clarifying that Sakura simply moved Kaguya who was in midair, Sakura didn't hurt Kaguya at all.

It would be the equivalent to a weakling like me (or you who read this comment) hit a blow with all my strength to a martial artist 10 dan in karate, totally muscular, more than two meters high that isn't expected such a blow being totally relaxed, not ready to receive it. That I could make his head move in such conditions can't be an outlier, I was only favored by the specific circumstances with which I made that blow.

That Sakura using all her strength to move Kaguya in the air a few centimeters in view of such conditions I don't consider it neither outlier nor PIS, obviously Sakura is incredibly inferior to Kaguya and in normal conditions a blow of Sakura wouldn't do anything to her, but in those specific conditions if it is plausible. To joke with that is valid but when analyzing it outside of the surface if it has a logical explanation, I haven't really seen anyone seriously trying to climb Sakura for something like that.

Yeah, that still doesn't prevent that with the enormous strength of Sakura can move a couple of centimeters to a bad wound and not ready Kaguya, if Superman and Goku can be injured in special conditions by attacks that don't expect this equally is plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back