• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Part 2: Sasuke's Scaling To Kirin Revisions/Removal

Introduction:
The currently accepted scaling chain for multiple City+ - Large Mountain Part 2 characters is connected to this calculation for Sasuke's Fireball Jutsu. The calculation itself is simple and I suppose correct, it's just standard division after all. My problem here is that Sasuke should in no way scale to Kirin....well....outside of using Kirin that is.
Mountain level characters such as Hebi Sasuke scale to 139.2 megatons via being 1/10th as powerful as CS2 Sasuke.

The Problem:
The calculation and scaling chain is under the assumption that Kirin works like some sort of battery, and that Sasuke (With Itachi's help) is simply powering it up using his fireballs and then unleashes it all at once. This just isn't how Kirin works. The entire point of Kirin is that it utilizes the immense natural energy of a storm cloud/lightning bolt instead of Sasuke's own chakra, so if Sasuke has to manually power it up then what's the point of doing it in such a roundabout way? Why not just put the power into a lightning jutsu?

This thread, which is used for some of the logic/scaling for the currently accepted Kirin calculation, even shares a quote from the databooks on how Kirin works

An ascending dragon of flames, consuming the enemy with sharp fangs burning brightly!!

Compressing a great amount of chakra build up inside the body and changing its shape into that of a blazing dragon. Then skilfully manipulating that great fire, one attacks the enemy before one's eyes! If this technique is mastered, it is also possible to fire off several flames after each other. Even outside of the attack range, its power and reliability are stressed. The flames have such a high temperature, they can create updraughts which in turn give rise to cumulonimbus clouds¹! The fate of the person caught in the dragon flame's sharp fangs is to be reduced to ashes in an instant...!!

Now im not going to restart the argument that Sasuke could form the cloud himself. No what im interested in is the latter of the bolded quotes, about how the flames high temperature create updrafts which give rise to cumulonimbus clouds.

The cause of the cloud is not pure energy from the fireballs but instead the heat. And as I've come to understand it, heat is usually not considered to be directly tied to Attack Potency.

An updraft is vertical movement of air, and in this case it means that he simply brought the clouds to their location through what is essentially a chain reaction from the heat of his fireball attacks. If you really want to try and quantify this feat in any meaningful way, something like the All Might Punch which also created an updraft, though this time through sheer pressure.

Proposed Changes:
There are a few feats on the verse page itself that you could begin scaling them to. Among them are, Naruto's Rasengan and Yamato's Water Jutsu (14/16 Kilotons), which should without a doubt scale to Kakashi level characters. There is also the low 7-B calculation for Kitsuchi (2.47 Megatons), though im somewhat iffy on if anyone really scales to it. And of course Jugo's Blast (5.45 Kilotons)

I honestly am really struggeling to think of relevant feats here, and im somewhat unsure of what is currently accepted, but some others that I managed to find were: KN4 Naruto's Bijuu Bomb (This however might not scale to anyone affected here), Yamato creating a waterfall (5 Kilotons)

There is of course some characters that would still able to scale to KN1 Naruto (17.92 Kilotons)

Using these feats, the scaling chain would look something like this:
  • Town Level characters like Kakashi and Might Guy scale to 16 Kilotons via upscaling from Naruto's Rasengan
  • Town Level+ characters like Kisame Hoshikage, Killer B and Taka Sasuke scale far higher than the previous rating
  • Large Town Level characters like CS2 Sasuke scale to at least 10x Naruto's Rasengan
This is just a very basic scaling from what I could find. Im not really big on these types of things, I mainly deal in numbers, but it's an example for how things could look at least.

This has been worked on in the background since Naruto stopped being a UES.

You should wait for those threads by the knowledgeable members since they'll include actual replacements to the scaling and new sandboxes to replace everything currently on the profiles.

not to mention you already have another thread open and only 3 active threads can be made for a verse at the time, with three already currently out that affect many characters.

Yeah, that’s why we have a discussion forum in the first place
Don’t go about downgrading things that are already in the works

Im sorry, I couldn't find anything specifically about this. I guess things move quite slowly around here.
No worries, there’s been a lot of stuff that needed revising recently and the UES thread made more work + a lot of pages need new scans due to a malfunction a few months back + we all got days where we’re just busy.

Threads that remove major verse calcs or mechanics without already planned out solutions (sandboxes, accepted calcs, etc.) to fill the gap definitely don’t help make things any faster.

Things have been getting back on track slowly so it shouldn’t be too far in the future.

Although if you wanna revise something in the future definitely try pitching it in the main Naruto general discussion thread.

One of the main people will def let you know if there are plans on reworking something on the way.

Back