• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Light Fang Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that all of this seems rather silly. The beam is clearly intended to be straight.

We cannot ignore artistic intent for such a very trivial deviation. Again, this seem rather silly/to grasp at straws.

I also don't think it's bending, even when Madara does the head-swing. Most likely artistic liberty issues.

If that is the case Ant, you might as well remove the bending rule like M3X suggested because clearly it doesn't matter. Every other line on the page is perfectly straight as expected of professional mangaka 600+ chapters deep.

Antvasima said:
We cannot ignore artistic intent for such a very trivial deviation. Again, this seem rather silly/to grasp at straws.
If a beam of light is bent like it has mass in response to rapid movement from the source then, by our standards, it no longer qualifies as light. It's completely taken out of the remote possibility, Trivial deviation or artistic intent regardless. Especially when the beam of light in question is absolutely surrounded by straight lines showing that at the time, the artist had access to a ruler.

The line is straight enough, and there is definitely no need to remove a regulation over something like this. It is an extremely different case from light curving severely in different directions.

Again, this is silly, and we should preferably close this thread rather than continue to waste time on it.

It isn't bending to any noticeable degree.

Like come on, "Move in a straight line" doesn't mean that we can't accept a 1 degree error (Also getting wider from the origin point is something that light does, try to use an electric torch in a dark room, and i can grant you that the light projected on the wall won't be a few cm wide).

It means that we don't accept cases where the bending is clearly evident, not that unless it's 100% perfect when anazlyzed with a mycroscope it isn't useable

I strongly agree with Kaltias.

We should preferably close this thread.

1. Light must be a straight beam per wiki guidelines to be called light. If I'm not mistaken, One Piece and Bleach both have had similar scrutiny levels applied to them in the past, with persons in this very thread claiming that any artistic error defense is not allowed

2. The bend of the light is contextual evidence for why Light Fang is not light; the Storm Release portion of the argument was never fully addressed. The other Storm Release ability that creates light,Laser Circus, creates explicitly rapidly bending beams of light. They're the same jutsu release.

3. Any attempt at using the anime scene for Light Fang ought to be outright discredited still as pointed out due to how it dissipates. This is not how light behaves, ever. Period.

Also:

>try to use an electric torch in a dark room, and i can grant you that the light projected on the wall won't be a few cm wide

A flashlight and a concentrated laser beam are vastly different things to my knowledge, I fail to see how well this argument holds up honestly?

Kaltias said:
It isn't bending to any noticeable degree.

Like come on, "Move in a straight line" doesn't mean that we can't accept a 1 degree error (Also getting wider from the origin point is something that light does, try to use an electric torch in a dark room, and i can grant you that the light projected on the wall won't be a few cm wide).

It means that we don't accept cases where the bending is clearly evident, not that unless it's 100% perfect when anazlyzed with a mycroscope it isn't useable
It's clearly noticeable which is why it was brought up. Are you comparing a flashlight to a laser? What's more evident than it demonstratibly not being straight? Might aswell remove that out of the guidelines.

Hasn't such small degrees of bend caused some lights to be denied? The light rules even have a calculator on the page so you can find if it is straight or not, if the rule wasn't 100% then there should be a disclaimer or not that small amounts of bend are allowed.

And if bends are being allowed how much bend is allowed then? 1 degree? 5 degrees?

ÔÇó The light clearly follows almost 100% straight and this is the intention of the author.
I do not understand what Bleach and OP have to do. The only one I remember is Auswahlen, which has extremely perceptible curves.
ÔÇó It is not evidence and the LF remains light.
What happens to other techniques is not the same thing. LF and Laser Circus are not the same jutsu, so one not being real does not mean that the other is not. Fallacy of the Association.
ÔÇó Madara just released the jutsu and he disappeared. He kept moving in a straight line and at the speed of light.

Also, @Ant:

I asked several staff to comment, as well as a few persons on the Knowledgable Members list already. If possible, I'd like to see what Kep thinks since I gather he's rather well-known for Naruto?

Further, IMade does raise a good point and has agreed on this as well as several others, with major points of mine in my OP not being counteracted in any strong manner whatsoever. I'm a bit confused as to how it's an unwarranted CRT when I'm pretty directly following precedent and guideline pages.

As is, I'll be back in the morning

As far as I am aware, in other cases the bending of the supposed light has been far more severe than than this to be rejected. They are not comparable.

This thread is wasting my extremely limited available time with pointless argumentative nonsense. It should be closed, at least until other reliable staff members such as Kepekley23, decide to open it again and respond.

Am I comparing a laser to a flashlight? I mean, yeah, diffraction is a thing, and a laser is still a wave so it applies to lasers as well. It's simply a lot less noticeable because a laser is way more focused than an electric torch's light. This does a good job at explaining it.

I'm not addressing other parts of the argument simply because i'm not familiar with them, i'm addressing what I know, aka what are the rules and how light behaves

I'm neutral on the whole thing but the Light itself bending seems to be a gross exaggeration, it honestly looks like nitpicking at this point.

also, the Op's claim that Yin and Yang are the actual "Light and Darkness Manipulation" is a misunderstanding of the text, Yin and Yang is not literally light and dark manipulation but the combination of Mental and Physical strength as explained Here

I mean I'm not seeing any strong reasons as to why it should be considered LS other than people already deciding to take one statement over everything else.

It was a statement made in the Databooks which this wiki considers secondary canon (and which should be viewed on a case by case basis since they sometimes contradict scans). In this case, nothing was contradicted between Light Fangs showing in the scans and its explanation in the Databooks (except for its almost negligible curve...it's basically straight) and it was stated to be light twice in The Databook.

It appears most staff disagree with the OP's Thesis. Ontop of that, most of his points are debunked and said debunks are not refuted.

I agree with Ant, this should be closed. It's quite clearly a trivial and silly matter and most disagree with it.

RegisNex1232 said:
I mean I'm not seeing any strong reasons as to why it should be considered LS other than people already deciding to take one statement over everything else.
writer word is strong reasons to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back