• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto/Boruto verse speed upgrade

I still think a more accurate time frame should be used. How much time passed between episode 2 and episode 18? If it was more than a year then the current accepted timeframe is really shaky

We need to find time gap between episodes 8 and 53. There is 45 episodes difference.

I think we can find timeframe by finding average time between episodes. For the method I'm going to use, more episode difference would help us to get more accurate result

I will use time gap between ep 18 and 51(The fact that time interval is between ep 8 and 53 makes it more useable, and difference is 33 which should be enough).

In ep 18 we see calendar where number 7 should mean that it's July. But it's wrong because both this month and the month before it has 31 days, so it's August or January. It can't be August. In japan summer vacation covers the 40-odd days from July 20 to August 31. So only variant is January(that makes sense as himawari got sick). Winter vacation lasts around 10 days, from December 26 to around January 6, so minimum date is January 7(time gap will be 80 days).

4.3×(12÷(80÷30×45÷35))=15.05 x ftl
Correct me if something is wrong here

We need to find time gap between episodes 8 and 53. There is 45 episodes difference.

I think we can find timeframe by finding average time between episodes. For the method I'm going to use, more episode difference would help us to get more accurate result

I will use time gap between ep 18 and 51(The fact that time interval is between ep 8 and 53 makes it more useable, and difference is 33 which should be enough).

In ep 18 we see calendar where number 7 should mean that it's July. But it's wrong because both this month and the month before it has 31 days, so it's August or January. It can't be August. In japan summer vacation covers the 40-odd days from July 20 to August 31. So only variant is January(that makes sense as himawari got sick). Winter vacation lasts around 10 days, from December 26 to around January 6, so minimum date is January 7(time gap will be 80 days).

Interesting approach

That make sense

@Syncornize what do you think about this

@Syncornize what do you think about this

1) The mean time between episodes cannot be used without consistent resizing that can bound the set of episodes in a given Time-Frame. In 30 episodes 1 month may have elapsed and in the next 3 episodes 3 months may have elapsed. Using "the average" is too sloppy a method it takes statment or consistent stated dates. The rules of this wiki preferably ask mon use audio-visual material to rescale the time-frame.

2) You have considered the calendar. An object you should prove has relevance or has had its usual function periodically and consistently in the series. In this case you are using a simple prop that has a decorative and background purpose without any evidence that shows or explains its validity.

3) On the calendar we see that the month before has 31 days and the currently marked month must also have 31 days. It can only be July and August, the page is marked with month N 7 and we can see that some pages have been passed and torn out, I can find no other logical explanation for that number. According to your explanation this would not be consistent the peroiod of the vacations, which take place in winter. In conclusion you would have shown that the calendar cannot be a reliable and accurate source since it is contradictory and quite convoluted. This makes sense of point N2.

4) After explaining that the calendar has anomalies, you adapted the points that helped you most. It doesn't seem to me that the characters at least once showed winter clothing or that the landscape indicates a winter period

5) From what did you figure out that they are on vacation? You didn't show anything to prove it. It may simply be a holiday like the ceremony for Naruto.

6) One can get sick even in summer. Just because it is easier to get sick in winter this is not a point in identifying a cold period.

Last edited:
1) The mean time between episodes cannot be used without consistent resizing that can bound the set of episodes in a given Time-Frame. In 30 episodes 1 month may have elapsed and in the next 3 episodes 3 months may have elapsed. Using "the average" is too sloppy a method it takes statment or consistent stated dates. The rules of this wiki preferably ask mon use audio-visual material to rescale the time-frame.

2) You have considered the calendar. An object you should prove has relevance or has had its usual function periodically and consistently in the series. In this case you are using a simple prop that has a decorative and background purpose without any evidence that shows or explains its validity.

3) On the calendar we see that the month before has 31 days and the currently marked month must also have 31 days. It can only be July and August, the page is marked with month N 7 and we can see that some pages have been passed and torn out, I can find no other logical explanation for that number. According to your explanation this would not be consistent the peroiod of the vacations, which take place in winter. In conclusion you would have shown that the calendar cannot be a reliable and accurate source since it is contradictory and quite convoluted. This makes sense of point N2.

4) After explaining that the calendar has anomalies, you adapted the points that helped you most. It doesn't seem to me that the characters at least once showed winter clothing or that the landscape indicates a winter period

5) From what did you figure out that they are on vacation? You didn't show anything to prove it. It may simply be a holiday like the ceremony for Naruto.

6) One can get sick even in summer. Just because it is easier to get sick in winter this is not a point in identifying a cold period.
That's why I said that the difference should be minimal and it is good for us that the episode range is between 8 and 53.

December and january also have 31 days and number 7 will be a logic error in both ways as august is 8

I'm not saying that people can only get sick in winter, I'm just saying that this is more likely in winter than in summer. Just a support to show that it is more likely to be winter as there are 2 choices. I didn't choose according to my taste.

I didn't say they were on vacation, exactly the opposite

I don't understand why this causes us not to get an average value

with this message I intend to scale Urashiki's flying speed to combat speed,so as to remove any doubt and adjust the speed to the verse.
(in addition my calc. is a lowball)

- In this fight Gaara intercepted Urashiki while he was in the air, inoltyre Urashiki keeps moving and dodging blows by flying, so he is able to react to his speed in short bursts of time. Thus Gaara's attack speed is at least comparable to Urashiki's flying speed. VIDEO 1

- Urashiki often uses flight in fights and persnoaggi manage to react and follow him with their eyes (this is just an example I know this specific case is an outlier). Video 2

- Urashiki constantly shoots this ray from his hand while flying. As a result, the ray follows his flight speed as he moves and Sasuke is able to react to it. Video 3

- it is logical that these attacks are at least relative to his attco speed, it is totally nonsensical to use attacks such as these or to fight "hand to hand" when his flying attacks are at least 2 times faster than the attaule attack speed of the verse. also we have a time-skip where it is equally logical to think that characters have higher stats

- An increase in speed turns out to be consistent. Characters are stated and consistently stronger and faster than in the previous series, and the current character profiles agree.

What episode does sarada's arc occur in the anime?
The manga says she was 11 then
Then 12 during the start of the Boruto manga

What episode does sarada's arc occur in the anime?
The manga says she was 11 then
Then 12 during the start of the Boruto manga
can you be more specific? in the meantime if you can get the scans. thx. I don't understand what your intent or conclusion would be.

I have some concerns:

1. How do we know Toneri was talking about Toneri specifically, instead of in general terms about the Ōtsutsuki (including Momoshiki and Kinshiki)?
  2. There is a big jump between: The comet entering the constellation is a sign that an Ōtsutsuki is coming -> The Ōtsutsuki fly between planets as comets.

In point two, Urashiki could teleport to a random place in the moon, and then fly closer to Toneri; he doesn't need to teleport directly in front of him or directly above him.
Also, the Ōtsutsuki don't need to cause or manipulate the comet for it to be a sign of their arrival; it could just mean "An X amount of time has passed as evidenced by the comet orbiting closer, so the Ōtsutsuki's scheduled arrival is soon."

Something really important that wasn't brought up is that there are two more Toneri scenes. One in episode 15 and one in episode 34, with the former being more relevant.

The runup for the episode 15 scene is:
  1. Toneri says that Boruto will eventually have to use the Jōgan, and then he stops some sort of spatial fracture before saying that the Ōtsutsuki will descend upon this land.
  2. We cut to Momoshiki eating a Chakra Fruit and gloating that he had a good harvest.
  3. Kinshiki teleports next to Momoshiki, and says that he found tears in Kaguya's world and that abnormalities in space curvatures were detected there, so they are required to harvest it sooner than scheduled.
  4. Momoshiki says that Kaguya must've disobeyed the clan, and tells Kinshiki to make preparations to depart.

For episode 34, Toneri collapses and bleeds as he fails to stop a spatial fracture from forming, and rants about Boruto having to fight destiny.

Whatever Toneri was talking about also applies to Momoshiki and Kinshiki's arrival. So they would make three comets, not one, if they for some reason decided not to teleport.

I have some concerns:

1. How do we know Toneri was talking about Toneri specifically, instead of in general terms about the Ōtsutsuki (including Momoshiki and Kinshiki)?
  2. There is a big jump between: The comet entering the constellation is a sign that an Ōtsutsuki is coming -> The Ōtsutsuki fly between planets as comets.
the only otustuki I present are Kaguya (dead), isshiki ( already on earth) Momoshiki and Kinshiki totally in another region of space, guessed to be at least on totally different solar system (lowball distance) not to mention that meanwhile they travel in Kaguya's dimensions. Urashiki is the only one traveling specifically in search of Toneri. The only logical basis for this statment is that he sensed it, "the comet has entered the constellation" I think is as self-explanatory as the whole explanation in the blog. Momoshiki and kinshiki don't even have any idea where "Kaguya's regionde is" it's Urashiki who finds it for them.

In point two, Urashiki could teleport to a random place in the moon, and then fly closer to Toneri; he doesn't need to teleport directly in front of him or directly above him.
Also, the Ōtsutsuki don't need to cause or manipulate the comet for it to be a sign of their arrival; it could just mean "An X amount of time has passed as evidenced by the comet orbiting closer, so the Ōtsutsuki's scheduled arrival is soon."
yes, but an extremely stupid and meaningless thing that can be ignored, a point already expressed and discussed in this thread. In Naruto also, characters need "specific coordinates" to teleport so assuming this happened the distance would be minimal. The statment "after a long searh" I think speaks for itself, he didnt teleport from a random point extremely far .

For episode 34, Toneri collapses and bleeds as he fails to stop a spatial fracture from forming, and rants about Boruto having to fight destiny.

Whatever Toneri was talking about also applies to Momoshiki and Kinshiki's arrival. So they would make three comets, not one, if they for some reason decided not to teleport.
This takes place long after ep 8. Many points in the blog serve to indicate to me that we are referring to the otustukis and not something random. "Facing fate" refers to the arrival of all otsustuki clan members and more, I myself support this so I do not understand this point. As I have already said Context 1 and 2 are self-explanatory for Urashiki's journey. A general statment on otustsuki I dont understand why it should destabilize the topic.

Even Kaguya could not foresee the arrival of the otustuki (her comrades) she built up her own army (white zetsu) to stop them, unaware that they might be an isshiki level or higher when they discovered her betrayal.it is a totally unknown moment

the only otustuki I present are Kaguya (dead), isshiki ( already on earth) Momoshiki and Kinshiki totally in another region of space, guessed to be at least on totally different solar system (lowball distance) not to mention that meanwhile they travel in Kaguya's dimensions. Urashiki is the only one traveling specifically in search of Toneri. The only logical basis for this statment is that he sensed it, "the comet has entered the constellation" I think is as self-explanatory as the whole explanation in the blog. Momoshiki and kinshiki don't even have any idea where "Kaguya's regionde is" it's Urashiki who finds it for them.
Urashiki showed up in Kaguya's lava dimension to bring Momoshiki and Kinshiki up to speed regarding the Jinchūriki. Distance isn't a limitation.
I don't see the logical necessity or self-evidence in our ignorance on Urashiki's location/actions leading to him being a comet mentioned to fly through space.

Urashiki said that the clan observed Toneri's defeat and change of heart during the Final Naruto Movie, and Kinshiki talked about the spatial tears and abnormalities found and detected at Kaguya's world (in fact, Kinshiki saying that he found the tears implies that he already travelled to and scouted the Shinobi World). If the Ōtsutsuki have zero clue where the Shinobi World is, how is that possible?

yes, but an extremely stupid and meaningless thing that can be ignored, a point already expressed and discussed in this thread. In Naruto also, characters need "specific coordinates" to teleport so assuming this happened the distance would be minimal. The statment "after a long searh" I think speaks for itself, he didnt teleport from a random point extremely far .
I would be more interesting and informative if you instead don't ignore it, and explain why it is extremely stupid and meaningless. You'll find that there are points elaborated upon and rebuttals to what is already expressed and discussed.

These sounds like things people with specific coordinates would say:
96jTAG3.png
9MXN5S1.png
LFCP7wq.png
ACJqxlu.png

If it can take quite a while for a teleporter to find a scroll or to find Boruto/Kawaki, there is no issue for a teleporter taking quite a while to find Toneri.
We have no reference for what Toneri considers a long search. It could be 30 minutes or two hours.

This takes place long after ep 8. Many points in the blog serve to indicate to me that we are referring to the otustukis and not something random. "Facing fate" refers to the arrival of all otsustuki clan members and more, I myself support this so I do not understand this point. As I have already said Context 1 and 2 are self-explanatory for Urashiki's journey. A general statment on otustsuki I dont understand why it should destabilize the topic.

Even Kaguya could not foresee the arrival of the otustuki (her comrades) she built up her own army (white zetsu) to stop them, unaware that they might be an isshiki level or higher when they discovered her betrayal.it is a totally unknown moment
The blog argues that the comet is specifically referring to Urashiki, when in fact it is a vague statement that can refer to the Ōtsutsuki in general. There is no requirement for Urashiki to be flying in space leaving behind comet-like space particles.

Kaguya not only did foresee the arrival of the Ōtsutsuki, but she knew that Momoshiki and Kinshiki would be arriving specifically.
0005-030.png
0005-031.png

Though she made preparations with an army with the assumption that they are stronger than her.

I have a question
Screenshot_20230908-092323_Chrome.jpg
In episode 8, Toneri said that the time to harvest the stars was near.
Screenshot_20230908-092320_Chrome.jpg
And here we see momoshiki harvesting the star and eating the cakra fruit
Screenshot_20230908-092014_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230827-100037_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230908-094422_Chrome.jpg
Assuming Kinshiki came here by opening a portal.He shows that he knew the coordinates of Centaurus (because he knew the coordinates, Kinshiki was found in the Centaurus constellation and went to search for the earth from the constellation Centaurus ).
I mean, Toneri is talking about Kinshiki and Momoshiki.

Urashiki showed up in Kaguya's lava dimension to bring Momoshiki and Kinshiki up to speed regarding the Jinchūriki. Distance isn't a limitation.
I don't see the logical necessity or self-evidence in our ignorance on Urashiki's location/actions leading to him being a comet mentioned to fly through space..
Urashiki introduced himself to Momo and Kin to show them the location of the land. The rest is a strawman, I simply clarified the fact that apart from Urashiki he could not refer to any other Otustuki ( a point you extracted)..

Urashiki said that the clan observed Toneri's defeat and change of heart during the Final Naruto Movie, and Kinshiki talked about the spatial tears and abnormalities found and detected at Kaguya's world (in fact, Kinshiki saying that he found the tears implies that he already travelled to and scouted the Shinobi World). If the Ōtsutsuki have zero clue where the Shinobi World is, how is that possible?
no, this is another strawman, it also does not imply that they have already been to earth. perceiving a spatial curvature due to the large amount of chakra does not equate to having already explored the place, this is how otsutuki indetify the planets to collect perceiving the gravitational curvature is definitely not evidence. the tears were found in Kaguya's worlds, it is explicitly stated, she tormented them in one of her 6 dimensions. As mentioned before Momo and kin know nothing about what is going on and what has happened. They also say how they have to reach the earth quickly but they have not teleported, prorpio because they do not know where it is since they have no information being in constant travel, they only find out in that episode that Kaguya has not done her job. Urashiki has not met Momo and kin for quite some time, in their meeting it is said, Urashiki is aware of everything while Momo and kin are not.

I don't see the logical necessity or self-evidence in our ignorance on Urashiki's location/actions leading to him being a comet mentioned to fly through space.

I would be more interesting and informative if you instead don't ignore it, and explain why it is extremely stupid and meaningless. You'll find that there are points elaborated upon and rebuttals to what is already expressed and discussed.

These sounds like things people with specific coordinates would say:
96jTAG3.png
9MXN5S1.png
LFCP7wq.png
ACJqxlu.png

If it can take quite a while for a teleporter to find a scroll or to find Boruto/Kawaki, there is no issue for a teleporter taking quite a while to find Toneri.
We have no reference for what Toneri considers a long search. It could be 30 minutes or two hours.
yes, that's right. Do you find it sensible to teleport above a planet/satellite when by now knowing the exact location of who you are looking for you can directly teleport to the planet itself and in front of it ? you are appealing to a nonsensical probability, you only consider it because it is not seen and therefore you think it is possible but the fact that it does not make the slightest logical sense can be ruled out. the occam razor gives reason to my logic scheme

is not Toneri who says : "After a long search" but urashiki. Teleportation does not take a long time, it is almost instantaneous. If you teleport you know the coordinates so you know where it is.in my blog I sepcified that this is said by Urashiki, I think besides anon having watched the episode you read the blog too quickly.yes, as I said Cntext 1, Context 2, and more context clearly explain why it doesn't make sense for it to refer to something other than Urashiki. the fact that it uses figurative language is explained. You would be using a figure of speech as a motive.
also the context of the arrival of the otustiki at the general level the only one who arrives is Urashiki, and other than relying on the fact that he entered the constellation to make this statment he has nothing else to rely on about their arrival

The blog argues that the comet is specifically referring to Urashiki, when in fact it is a vague statement that can refer to the Ōtsutsuki in general. There is no requirement for Urashiki to be flying in space leaving behind comet-like space particles.

Kaguya not only did foresee the arrival of the Ōtsutsuki, but she knew that Momoshiki and Kinshiki would be arriving specifically.
0005-030.png
0005-031.png

Though she made preparations with an army with the assumption that they are stronger than her.
point already explained, you keep bringing back points that have already been clarified or restating them in a different way hoping that these will take validity, this is Argumentum ad nauseum . There can be no statment : Urashiki is coming" but it is to be interpreted as : the arrival of the celestial being is near and this is because he perceived its arrival when he entered inside the constellation. (points already explained many times)

The continuous accumulation of chakra and the creation of the army is really to stop an enemy who does not know how powerful he will be when he discovers her betryal. I don't see why if even she cannot remotely quantify their arrival time she can do it toneri without basing it on something as I precisely explained in the blog and am continuing to repeat

Kaguya predicted the arrival of all 3 also reported in my Blog, I continue to be convinced that you read it too quickly

I have a questionIn episode 8, Toneri said that the time to harvest the stars was near.And here we see momoshiki harvesting the star and eating the cakra fruitAssuming Kinshiki came here by opening a portal.He shows that he knew the coordinates of Centaurus (because he knew the coordinates, Kinshiki was found in the Centaurus constellation and went to search for the earth from the constellation Centaurus ).
I mean, Toneri is talking about Kinshiki and Momoshiki.

the Ep of kin and Momo comes much later, they cannot be connected, they collect planets not stars and in the novel it is said. What we see is a Dying star and certainly cannot have a motion effect as seen in Toneri's ep. The 2 are in an unknown world, you would be assuming that this place is close to them, when already the presence of a dying sun and the fact that it is identified as an unknown world is a point away from Naruto's world. Would remain an unknown distance so there is no point in considering it. since it is a supernova I would rule out it being in the solar sietma closest to them.

as already said by necessity of plots and evidence of the work they know nothing, they discover on the spot the possible betrayal of Kaguya

Back