• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto/Boruto verse speed upgrade

Hi, I made this simple calc. based on a feat performed by Urashiki. The calc. would seem to work. I opened this thread with the intention of including it within the verse page. I know it is already FTL but it would increase the speed and I still find it correct. Have other opinions I think can help and in case make clarification if someone doubts the validity.

I think the only thing I take issue with is using the time irl Japan school starting time when it's not likely that ninja school is remotely like that given how the system of ninja work. I just find it an odd comparison. I can't speak much on anything else since I'm not a calc member or knowledge on Boruto so I'll just see what others think.

we know the gap in time is longer than a year.

In Episode 2 of Boruto we are told its been over ten years since the Ninja war, during the end of the graduation we know the series establishes that its been 15 years since the war. the timeskip happens off screen during the credits of ending 4.

In Episode 2 of Boruto we are told its been over ten years since the Ninja war, during the end of the graduation we know the series establishes that its been 15 years since the war. the timeskip happens off screen during the credits of ending 4.
Aren't we talking about the time gap between episode 8 and episode 53? Toneri said "comet has entered the constellation" in ep 8

the feat begins in episode 8. the initial part served as support for the fact that the characters ( Boruto and Himawari) celebrate their birthdays only once in the series and thus the time/freme was legitimate for 1 year or less. Even if there is a gap between ep 1 and 2/3 the premises of the calculation should remain valid.

the feat begins in episode 8. the initial part served as support for the fact that the characters ( Boruto and Himawari) celebrate their birthdays only once in the series and thus the time/freme was legitimate for 1 year or less. Even if there is a gap between ep 1 and 2/3 the premises of the calculation should remain valid.
the gap between episode 2 and episode 18 is 5 years or at least more than one year given what we are told by the anime

While I'm not entirely against the reasoning in the calc, I'm also going to point out that Urashiki can also travel with portals.
It's not that much of a stretch to believe that he didn't travel conventionally all the way to the moon
Screenshot_20230820-191835_Chrome.jpg

Something like a shooting star passed, so the portal didn't open.

While I'm not entirely against the reasoning in the calc, I'm also going to point out that Urashiki can also travel with portals.
It's not that much of a stretch to believe that he didn't travel conventionally all the way to the moon
you can clearly see Urashiki landing in ep 53. i find it extremely stupid to open a portal above the moon and then land there and not open it directly in front of Toneri. as I reported in the blog Urashiki says : "after a long search". why say that and take so long if he can directly open a portal near the moon or Toneri.

he could still be searching with his portals.

Remember Sasuke had to do the same thing when looking for clues regarding the Otsutsukis as well. it took him a while despite having teleportation.

Remember Sasuke had to do the same thing when looking for clues regarding the Otsutsukis as well. it took him a while despite having teleportation.
This is a bit different tho. Urashiki is seemingly flying directly to earth rather than making portals to diffrent planets or places and searing on foot. And sasuke was looking for a a scroll ifirc. It's not an object you can just teleport directly to, he had to manually look for it.

I don't see how Sasuke's feat helps this argument. Sasuke teleports directly to the planet and to the exact place he needs to investigate. besides, it wouldn't make sense to travel some stretches with portals and others in flight anyway, If you don't know the actual distance. If you knew about it you would open a portal directly to the moon.

I mean, even if it does get accepted, isn’t he already FTL? You could maybe add this as supporting evidence but that’s about it

the gap between episode 2 and episode 18 is 5 years or at least more than one year given what we are told by the anime
I'm not sure about what the JP version says, since I don't speak it, but is it possible that Iwabe was saying that a decade has passed, which would mean that the 1 year timeframe would become consistent because 15 years is still a decade in casual speech.

Wouldn't this just be for flight speed, not combat speed?
Well yeah if you isolate it, but we can see Urashiki getting tagged while flying and whatever not. Plus, iirc it's only about 2x faster than Shippuden characters, and given that the Shippuden cast got stronger AP wise, I don't see why it's impossible for them to be speed wise faster too.

This wouldn't scale to any others right? Cause this is travel speed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It would given that people could tag Urashiki while he was flying. I don't see why it wouldn't affect other speeds, it's a very small speed difference (2 times~), and Urashiki has been shown to for example blitz Toneri, etc. Like, I feel like it's very easy to argue it to be regular speed too

Wouldn't this just be for flight speed, not combat speed?
I actually think it's resizable even for combat speed for multiple reasons :

1) I find myself quite in agreement with @Avengershows on some of the points he made

2)flight speed is logically resizable to perception. the character would not be able to see anything or in a distorted way while flying if they were not equal.

3)perception is conventionally close to reaction speed (in high speed cases like this the gap should not be exaggerated)

4)it would be tiring or impossible for the character to dodge objects/bodies while flying or simply change trajectory. In case he finds a foreign body on the way,he would risk collision with the object. In this specific case there would be a gap of : 2.5 times the reaction capability (roughly), this gap is enough to evade common reactive capabilities.

you are a member of calc.gruop and an adiministrator so you know the rules of calc.gruop and wiki better than I do. I hope none of my points are as something : "disregarded" or "invalid" according to the common standards.
However, I find these points have a correct logical framework and the speed gap would be reasonable. it is not about differences like Relativistic and FTL, everything stays on the same speed range with a slight difference

2)flight speed is logically resizable to perception. the character would not be able to see anything or in a distorted way while flying if they were not equal.
We haven't accepted this logic for a long, long time by the way. Reaction speed has not been scaled to interstellar flight speed for ages.

We haven't accepted this logic for a long, long time by the way. Reaction speed has not been scaled to interstellar flight speed for ages.
sorry, i pointed this out because i am a recent wiki user and i'm not familiar with the standards,I thought that at least the gap being minimal was acceptable, although I think if is something to be analyzed in the specific works and their context . thanks for the clarification. this Is this the only problem ? or with the other points (which are not about flight resizing ) does it work? . I think the only one is point n1

Last edited:
I think I’m fine with this being used but, as Damage said, this is flight speed, unless we have scenes that demonstrate that it can also be scaled to combat speed.

But i ask for characters like Naruto that speed depends on chakra usage wouldnt the distintion between flight speed and normal speed be nothing? If he can charge is body with enough chakra to reach 4c for hours he would very likely be able to do the same for just a second. I know that the wiki doesnt accept speed as linear with chakra increase but this is not about chakra increase its the same chakra used the same way just for different time frames.

I think I’m fine with this being used but, as Damage said, this is flight speed, unless we have scenes that demonstrate that it can also be scaled to combat speed.
We do, in the fight against Gaara, Urashiki flies to avoid getting hit by his sand, the same sand Gaara used to block Momoshiki's attacks.
Plus I'm willing to bet there's more stuff, but I'm too lazy to get it

btw... 11 months seems too illogical to me, I think it shouldn't be that long, can't we have a better timeframe measurement method?

Back