• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto/Boruto Dattebayo Discussion Thread #30

Burning Full Fingers said:
Err, not really. This is the same series where fans kinda wank Kakuzu because he managed to survive against Hashirama. Literally anything could have happened in that fight.
That doesn't really have anything to do with the current situation. The scaling was for the Jonin and chunin was accepted by staff tho not us. That's why it doesn't make sense that it's being questioned after so long. This being Naruto doesn't really mean anything. Other series are in the same boat with how thinkgs get questioned so late

@Manzi I see ƒñÖ

I'm talking about Ao and Shisui. In other verses, problems like this don't pop up like they do in Naruto. Yeah, standard jounin are stronger than standard chuunin, but the only standard chuunin that has a feat is Ittan, which is 8-A.

This is the first time I remember a problem like this popping up for Naruto in a while tho tbf. Kid Sasuke has a 8A feat tho bro so there is that, kid Neji has a 8A feat

It's been there. I mentioned it a few times, but it hasn't really been acted upon until now.

I remember only 8-B feats for him, and I remember no such thing for Neji. I think Kep said he saw a 8-A calc for Kidomaru, but it's in Narutoforums.

That's mybad I thought Sasuke's Bear feat was 8B. Gemma and Raido are special Jonin. They fought the Sound 4 who all are chunin. They all are 8A besides Jirbo. Neji is 8A with Rotation scaling to Naruto and 8A for defeating Kidomaru. This is actually could be looked at as Neji not getting any stronger and more like Neji should be 8A through the whole chunin exams and be atleast 8A with Rotation cause we are like u said yesterday most likely gonna upgrade Part 1 Naruto characters. This is even more proof that chunin level characters are 8A when special Jonin like Genma and Raido are 8A as well

Burning Full Fingers said:
Not sure that'd be anything impressive as I've never seen anyone calculating speed from that feat.
I thought that when scaling to a meteor when it comes to speeds would always give good results (seemly it so many times hence why I asked about it) so yes could we try and calc it?

P.S: what about Naruto (Kurama chakra) vs Neji? what tier would that be?

Everyone showed better feats in the Sasuke Retrieval arc, so the logical thing to believe is that they got stronger.

Again, I'm not saying chuunin can't be 8-A. I'm saying random guys that have no reason to scale to the 8-A feats shouldn't scale. Sasuke beat two on his first mission.

It's kinda hard to tell cause these random guys all had to take the same chunin tests as the current chunin. They were put through fights against one another to attain the rank chunin. I agree random Jonin shouldn't scale to 7C but for chunin they all can be inferred to be of that level becaus they had to go through tests against each other

The random guys that shouldn't scale are the chunin who aren't as physically strong as other chunin like Shikamaru or ino and the guys Sasuke beat cause they seemed like fodder or Sasuke is really just being used for Plot

Or the third option that Sasuke isn't a baseline for his rank. He's an outlier amongst his peers similar to Gaara who despite being a genin was slaughtering chunin. It just means that your title doesn't indicate your stats. You can be weaker, stronger, faster, slower etc than someone above your or below you in rank.

Rock Lee>Sasuke. Sasuke isn't any outlier lol especially when you got ninja like Lee and Neji as well as Temari and Kankaro. We can't always dismiss rank.

Sasuke actually isn't your normal genin as well. It's natural for him to actually beat chunins like that when you think about it.

Or we can just put Sasuke above all the normal genin like Naruto who are all the same age as each other cause Rock Lee and co are actually a year older than Naruto and everyone else. Sasuke is basically Boruto of his class with him being above everyone else and fighting chunins

As for Samui, she should be listed as: "At Least 8-A, Possibly Higher" scaling from her brother, who Was grazed by the flames created from the Sages Fa. She would scale above him, being a Kumo Jonin while he is a Kumo Chunin.

Kinkaku and Ginkaku should be "At Least 7-C, Possibly 7-A" as they fought both the 2nd Raikage and Tobirama, Nearly killing Tobirama in the proccess. The Ninja tools AP doesn't scale to the user.

Darui Should be "At Least 7-C, possibly 7-A", Right Hand of the Raikage and selected as one of the Captains of the Shinobi Alliance, Could fight Ginkaku single handily and Casually hpold his own against Suigetsu.

Ao should be "7-C" as he has fought Shisui Uchiha in the past, is an Ex-Anbu Kirigakure Ninja, who was a Jounin after leaving the Anbu. In Boruto, Damaged and Knocked out Konohamaru.

Konohamaru should be 7-C as he is he is a Jonin proper, which puts him above the likes Raido and Genma, and by extention, S4, but he is more skillfull than part 1 Naruto, who is also 7-C with Rasengan for hurting Kabuto. In addition to this, Konohamaru has a feat that needs to be calced, but idk if it can. Konohamaruu should not be simply labeled "At Least 8-A".

If someone argues that Naruto in Part 1 after learning the Rasengan in a week is stronger than a Jonin who has known the same technique for more than a decade who can infuse it with a element, Idk what to say to you. At that point, you are clearly going agaist context, implications, etc.

All I can say is Jonin (No name or Not) Should be rated "At Least 8-A, Possibly Higher". Contectually, this is because S4 feared Jounin and struggled with Special Jonin, and Ittan as a Chunin, represents one of the upper limits of "Chunin". If they have feats or solid scaling, Jonin Characters shoul scale to 7-C, but only if they have feats and solid scaling. Konohamaru has to be discussed more btw.

Just like the Kaguya arc in the anime is a expansion of what what said in the manga. Filler is filler. It's not canon thus invalid

The manga takes priority over assumptions and opinions. Ao fought against Shisui before, unless it is expanded upon in the Itachi Novels (Not the Anime Version of it as it didn't follow the novels), Ao can and should at least be listed as "Possibly Shisui's Level". That is fair.

It's not fair since we see the event happening. It's contradictory of the actual events. Plus we do have cases of certain events being canon yet anime only before. The Kaguya arc also contradicts the manga.

Meh I don't know, if it was the one against the face pain guy did the hill get destroyed rather fast by just the shock wave??

Yeah, just calculate the destroyed thing with its volume and the value.

But I don't know if the episode showed all the crater for the calc.

Samui's brother, Atsui, doesn't have a profile nor a tier. You can't say Samui is 8-A from her brother who has no tier.

Kinkaku and Ginkaku don't have anything to justify 7-C though still. We know they are powerful with the Ninja Tools, but nothing justifies 7-C for them.

Darui can't be 7-C for fighting against Kinkaku and Ginkaku when they themselves don't have justifiable reasons. Trying to scale Darui to Suigetsu as well makes no sense when Suigetsu's reasoning for 7-C is just as bad. Suigetsu needs support and a valid reasoning for being 7-C.

Ao is you using titles again. You're trying to use his title to justify his tier when he lacks feat. Ao mentions fighting Shisui in the past, but that's not an actual solid feat since we have no scans of that fight or how it happened. For all we know it could have been like the anime where Shisui kills some of Ao's men and Ao retreats. It's not valid reasoning. Trying to use Konohamaru is still bad when Konohamaru's reasonings for his 7-C aren't justifiable as well.

For Konohamaru you're still using titles instead of actual feats. Raido and Genma are scaling to the Sound 4 who are 8-A. This doesn't justify 7-C when he doesn't have a 7-C feat nor a 7-C feat he scales to. Part 1 Naruto is 7-C for hurting a 7-C character and injuring them, Konohamaru has no such scaling nor feat.

Suigetsu scales to Zabazu as stated by Kisame. Also did you read anything that TFO posted??? His reasoning are good tbh. Konohomaru also has a feat that hasn't been calced yet.

Also bruh you can't dismiss titles all the time cause they can be used sometimes.

Titles should not be held in such high regards when we have so many characters that can fight those in titles above them or have characters with titles below them superior to them. It makes them meaningless and not consistent for scaling off the title solely.

And obviously I did read it when I addressed each character, I don't know how you missed that.

>Suigetsu scales to Zabazu as stated by Kisame.

That's the thing, this statement is overblown. Kisame doesn't say Suigetsu is similar in physicals nor power like Zabuza. He says that Suigetsu has antics similar to Zabuza in how brutal and murderous he is.

AstralKing7 said:
Yeah lol Pain was so weak until the point where a 7C Rasengan killed him
Ya do know though that being tired doesn't make yur Durability stop. Tbh he was just tired and lacked the stamina during that time

Ya do know though that being tired doesn't make yur Durability stop. Tbh he was just tired and lacked the stamina during that time

Pain was also low on chakra as well. I also never said anything about being tired. Everyone should know that

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Titles should not be held in such high regards when we have so many characters that can fight those in titles above them or have characters with titles below them superior to them. It makes them meaningless and not consistent for scaling off the title solely.

And obviously I did read it when I addressed each character, I don't know how you missed that. Like seriously bruh it's hard to believe this is why your trying do argue against the scaling when it's pretty clear that the people who fight high ranking characters are special cases like Boruto and Itachi and Gaara

>Suigetsu scales to Zabazu as stated by Kisame.

That's the thing, this statement is overblown. Kisame doesn't say Suigetsu is similar in physicals nor power like Zabuza. He says that Suigetsu has antics similar to Zabuza in how brutal and murderous he is.

Who are these people tho??? Most of those people literally are special cases like seriously bruh.

@Astral

Sorry just when u said "Pein was weak" I thought u assumed it was because of Durability. I still must say that even though he had lacked chakra, so did Naruto yet his Rasengan was still able to kill him

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Samui's brother, Atsui, doesn't have a profile nor a tier. You can't say Samui is 8-A from her brother who has no tier.
Kinkaku and Ginkaku don't have anything to justify 7-C though still. We know they are powerful with the Ninja Tools, but nothing justifies 7-C for them.

Darui can't be 7-C for fighting against Kinkaku and Ginkaku when they themselves don't have justifiable reasons. Trying to scale Darui to Suigetsu as well makes no sense when Suigetsu's reasoning for 7-C is just as bad. Suigetsu needs support and a valid reasoning for being 7-C.

Ao is you using titles again. You're trying to use his title to justify his tier when he lacks feat. Ao mentions fighting Shisui in the past, but that's not an actual solid feat since we have no scans of that fight or how it happened. For all we know it could have been like the anime where Shisui kills some of Ao's men and Ao retreats. It's not valid reasoning. Trying to use Konohamaru is still bad when Konohamaru's reasonings for his 7-C aren't justifiable as well.

For Konohamaru you're still using titles instead of actual feats. Raido and Genma are scaling to the Sound 4 who are 8-A. This doesn't justify 7-C when he doesn't have a 7-C feat nor a 7-C feat he scales to. Part 1 Naruto is 7-C for hurting a 7-C character and injuring them, Konohamaru has no such scaling nor feat.
1.)Samui is shown in 527 fighting equally alongside her brother. Her being a Jonin while he is a Chunin cements that she is At least on his level. So yes, she does scale above him (You can Read the chapter).

2.)Fighting the 2nd Raikage and Tobirama, nearly killing the latter is justification enough. We've seen how they fight with Ninja tools, so unless you are saying Tobirama and 2nd Raikage didn't so much as tag them when Darui could on multiple Occasions, yes, they scale to At Least 7-C, Possibly 7-A. Note: Context, Portrayal and implication disagree's with anything else.

3.)Darui should scale to At Least 7-C, possibly 7-A for the fact he again, could fight Ginkaku single handidly and is a SA Captain (All of which are At least 7-C annd Up). It's strongly implied Darui is comparable to them, and fighting Ginkaku cements it. I agree, Suigetsu needs better scaling, I got that tomorrow.

4.)I'll address Ao in the morning.

5.)Konohamaru in a Jonin, which means he is on average, vastly above the likes of Part 1 Naruto. In addition, he is more skilled. Naruto should not be above Konohamaru in any way in part 1.

You are trying to disregard Rank as well context and implication in the manga, tgat is extremely faulty.

I agree with TFO...matter of fact no where in part 1 have we ever seen any genin or chunin comparable or stronger to a Jonin lol. Kabuto was considered a chunin if I remember correctly and Itachi is a special case all by himself as well as Minato cause they both are genius level characters.

So Konohomaru not scaling above Part one Naruto is insane when part 1 Naruto isn't even compared to a Jonin level character

No need to quote a wall of text, just quote and erase it so it still responds to that comment.

1) You completely ignored my point. Atsui has no profile nor a tier. You're saying Samui is 8-A from a tierless character.

2) Fighting the 2nd Raikage means nothing when he has no tier nor profile. We can't say anything about him. Also, your biggest mistake here and in the Ao section is thinking that fighting someone off-screen in the past is any indication of feat. It's falllacious as a matter of fact given how there is nothing to discuss since a lack of feats. "Kinkaku and Ginkaku launched many attacks on Tobirama and the 2nd Raikage" could mean just as much as "Osama Bin Ladin launched many attacks on the USA". Osama never stepped foot in the USA to do any of his attacks, he sent people. We could extrapolate the same with Kin and Gin. On top of this, we especially don't do this since it leads to egregious scaling that is unacceptable which Burning Full Fingers even brought up above and I will quote him:

"Err, not really. This is the same series where fans kinda wank Kakuzu because he managed to survive against Hashirama. Literally anything could have happened in that fight."

3) Darui's tier is still shoddy given it's off Kinkaku and Ginkaku who they themselves still don't have justifiable reasoning. At least we agree that Suigetsu's tier makes no sense.

4) Okay, but my point about fighting characters in the past still stand.

5) You're still basing this argument off of titles and not feats. There is nothing to support Konohamaru being that high except you saying he should be. There are characters in lower titles above characters of higher titles, there is nothing shocking about Jonin Konohamaru being below Part 1 Naruto especially when you can't even present Konohamaru feats better than Part 1 Naruto's.

Back