• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naritaverse Feat

If they have other feats, sonic booms are still good supporting evidence, but if sonic booms are the main point of evidence it's not great.

Yeah, that's good then. Sonic booms are still good supporting evidence, since anyone faster than sound but below ablation speeds should make them. On its own it should only be enough for transonic, but it's good support if you have other evidence for supersonic.

Also, for anyone who has read the light novels, can I ask if the following feats are in the novels:

1. Claire's feat of dodging Sniper Rifle rounds on top of a moving train (coupled by his boast of telling Chane to throw her knives at him because he's so sure he'll dodge it) present in the novels? And of course the all important factor, can it be determined if Claire was just aim-dodging or if he actually bullet-times the sniper?

2. Chane deflecting Ladd's bullets with her knives, again on top of a speeding train

3. All the feats in the Ladd vs Graham fight in the anime specials (Graham making a considerably sized crater on concrete, deflecting and catching Ladd's bullets with his wrench, Ladd tanking a hit from Graham and Ladd kicking Graham making considerable damage to the wall upon impact)

Graham's profile stats justification are mostly from that fight so I think it's important to determine its canonicity

1) The narration makes it clear that Claire was aim dodging (In LN he dodged a machine gun aswell), also him boasting to Chane just shows us how absurd his skills are.

2) In the LN Chane only deflected a single bullet (I think) and it was by mere coincidence.

3) That entire fight is non canon. I will be revising Graham's profile after sorting out this AP and speed issues.

The thing is Narita is the writer of both Baccano and Vamp, in Ladd vs Claire fight, he described Ladd's punches to be bullet speed. This could be literal or a hyperbole, but Frank's feat is a good supporting evidence for this. In Vamp also one can find several bullet speed statements, but those are very literal. So we have to decide whether to accept Ladd's punches as bullet speed or not.

So Claire is the only one with consistent bullet-timing feats from what has been covered by the anime? Shoot, that Ladd-Graham fight would've been a strong argument for their AP and reaction speed consistency. As for the steel door feat by Claire, I found a calc of something similar (punching through a steel door) and it only resulted to Wall-level/9-B. So the rail pillar feat of Ladd is our hope for a 9-A feat.

Also, is the Alcatraz shaking feat considered to be an outlier?

IrMaXuS said:
Also, is the Alcatraz shaking feat considered to be an outlier?
Yeah, it was calced to be high end tier 8.

I guess Baccano is stuck with wall level and transonic.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Considering that the anime characters have significantly higher AP feats and slightly different scaling than the light novel versions, would we want to still use composite profiles or have separate keys for each?

We will have to redo the profiles of top tiers with LN feats and scaling. Therefore anime feats would unfortunately have to be removed.

There are several verses with different powerlevels due to appearing in various media, they don't have composite profile here, I think the same applies here. Infact my own profile got downgraded from 8-B (Anime feat) to 9-A (Light Novel feat).

As far as Izaya goes, he could definitely be on the upper end of the Durarara scaling chain if we use another author statement. Narita stated that if he hadn't added Shizuo to the story, Izaya would be an "understandable, but unbeatable, overpowered antagonist"

Though I think he should be strong, Izaya's ability to manipulate the city is probably why Narita said that. Part of why Shizuo is such a massive bother to Izaya is because he's unpredictable. Though when it gets to a fight, Izaya seems to take pretty good control, he's always struggling to account for what Shizuo will do in more long term issues.

If anyone is still following this thread, a recalc of door feats has been done.

Seems like Ladd's feat is Wall level+ at best, while Claire's might tread slightly into 9-A due to how casual it was.

Back