• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naoto Kurogane from BlazBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had just seen Naoto's own story mode on the Youtube and practically saw the results of the battles. I must say that i'm impressed. The Boy is actually one hell of a bad ass.

So i had decided to make a profile for him in the wiki, and according to the story, I will compare him to Ragna, Hakumen, Rachel and The Black Beast.

His profile is as follows:

Naoto Kurogane (Centralfiction, Character Select Artwork)
The Bloodedge Experience

Overdrive Activated

Summary
Naoto Kurogane (Ú╗ÆÚëäÒâèÒé¬Òâê Kurogane Naoto) is the main protagonist of the BlazBlue: Bloodedge Experience series. He is gifted with the Eye of the Hunter and is the servant of Raquel Alucard. His life-force value hovered around 9,810 until he became Raquel's servant. He became a playable character in BlazBlue: Centralfiction.

Powers and Stats
Tier: 5-A | At least 5-A

Name:
Naoto Kurogane, formerly Naoto Terumi

Origin: Blazblue

Classification: Human (Formerly), Dhampir (Human-Vampire Hybrid)

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Weapon Mastery, Blood Manipulation, Regenerationn (Mid-Low to Low-Mid), Statistics Amplification (With Enhancer), Can break through the defenses of his opponents by some of his attacks , Can see the life force of other being with The Eye Of The Hunter, Possible Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Fought Ragna and recognized his Drive) | Same as before, but with improved Blood Manipulation and improved Statistics Amplification

Attack Potency: Large Planet level (Fought nearly most of the BlazBlue cast. Namely Rachel Alucard, Hakume, Nine, Lambda No.11, Ragna, Hades Izanami, Hazama, Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, and Relius Clover. Rachel stated that his presence is dangerous for Ragna. A prove to that was when his presence forcibly established a life-link with Rachel) | At least Large Planet Level (Should be comparable to a 100% Hakumen. Stated by Hakumen that his presence was the same as The Black Beast)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+, possibly higher, with Relativistic to FTL reactions/combat speed (Kept up with Hakumen and Ragna, Matched Rachel blow for blow. Should be comparable to Ragna, who can react to the blasts of Gigant: Take-Mikazuchi's blasts at point-blank range)

Lifting Strength: At least SuperHuman (Easily Pinned Rachel after defeating her upon their first encounter)

Striking Strength: Large Planet Class| At least Large Planet Class

Durability:
At least Large Planet Class (Took hits from Rachel, Ragna, Hakumen, and Hades Izanami)

Stamina: Extremely High, Fought most of the BlazBlue Cast, including Ragna, Hakumen, Rachel and Hazama and didn't seem to tire out.

Range: Normal Melee Range, Extended Melee Range with weapons made out of his blood

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Average academically. Higher in combat.

Weaknesses: Usage of his Drive, Bloodedge, drains his blood, Doesn't have any ranged attacks.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Drive: Bloodedge: Naoto's Drive allows him to control his blood in order to create weapons, ranging from swords to lances to battle axes.
  • Enhancer: An ability that allows to Naoto to strengthen the power of his attacks. It also changes properties of his special moves and drive attacks if he performs them while running.
  • Overdrive: Blood Repulsor: Changes his hair color to white and his eyes red, making him resemble Ragna. It shortens the startup of Bloodedge attacks and strengthening the effects of Enhancer.
  • Grim Of Phantom (G.O.P): Naoto punches the opponent. If it connects, then he performs a knee kick launching them into the air and forms a giant battle-axe of blood that smashes the opponent, while also unleashing a powerful blood wave hitting consecutively.
  • Banishing Fang: Naoto rushes forward with a fast downward leading-knee swing with flaming-energy trailing it. Causes a hard knockdown ground bounce against an airborne opponent. First part of a multiple-input series. Hits overhead, which makes it one of Naoto's primary defense openers.
  • Banishing Fang: Roar: Follows up Banishing Fang with a turning downward swatting smash with his following fist while leaning forward, also having the flame-like energy trailing it.
  • Banishing Fang: A finisher input to Banishing Fang: Roar, Naoto brings a powerful straight kick with his following leg.
  • Slash Kaid: A turning inward reap-slash of blood with Naoto's following arm.
  • Inferno Crusader: A classic anti-air uppercut punch with Naoto uppercutting with his leading hand into a recovering turn, similar to Ragna's Inferno Divider.
  • Overhead Kick: Naoto swings his body around in the air for a side-turning slam kick while facing away from his opponent.
  • Shift Sway: Naoto sways back, dodging an opponent's attack. Dodges highs/overheads, mids and projectiles, but cannot dodge lows or throws.
  • Phantom Pain: Naoto does a backwards hooking kick with the leading leg following up with a following-legged inward hop-rising swing kick in quick succession (both hits having energy trail his legs). Launches the target on both hits (second hit inflicts a wildly-flung-launch), while the first strike must connect for the second one to come out.
  • Divine Smasher: Naoto charges himself at the opponent with a powerful straight punch covered in a large surge of blood. It is a very fast attack, and has advantage over projectiles. Ground version goes forward, while the midair version aims diagonally downward via a diving punch.
  • Divine Reaper: Naoto launches a blood wave on the opponent that looks similar to Ragna's Dead Spike.
  • Astral Heat: Edge Of Eternity: Naoto forms a large katana/ōdachi of blood beside himself, performing a reaping slash over his shoulder. Should he connect, he then forms a scythe of blood and slashes them repeatedly and charges up to finish with a final blow that floods his opponent with blood waves. Executed like Ragna's Black Onslaught.
Key: Base | Overdrive Activated

Note: Respect Thread

Again, which one is canon, Arcade Mode, or Story Mode?

In Arcade Mode, anyone can fight anyone. So from what I've seen, I'm more inclined to scale off of his feats in Story Mode.

I looked through the cutscenes, and I know that Naoto stalemated Rachel Alucard and Ragna the Bloodedge, so I'd rather scale off them than the entire cast combined.

Breaking through someone's guard isn't exactly durability negation.

I also don't want to be copy-pasting off the BlazBlue wiki.

As for his Bloodedge form, I'd rather be using this picture than that tiny one.

No! I only took only his pic and moveset from the wiki. His Story Mode is the one from the thread i had established. Due to the fact that he had interacts and in his fight against Hakumen, Hakumen stated that his own presence resembled the black beast. Also i checked about that Durability Negation. I can give you an example about it: Issei Hyoudou from High School DxD. He can break through the opponents guards, and in this wiki, it has been labelled as Durability Negation.

Also, i feel that you havent seen the video full from the respect thread. Can you please watch it?

I also said who he had specefically fought (Thought i didn't arrange them). And all of the people that he fought are in the thread above.

I mean Story Mode, you keep showing me Arcade Mode.

These are the cutscenes from Story Mode that correspond to the feats I'm talking about.

Hence why I choose to believe that Story Mode is more canon than Arcade Mode.

Issei is completely different. His Penetrate ability allows him to bust through abilities that would otherwise stop his attacks, which is a lot different than breaking through a guard with brute force (which sounds more like game mechanics to me).

In addition, the attack descriptions are laden with game terminology like "finisher input" and the summary is also lifted directly from the Blazblue Wiki.

If anything, it's best that you let me handle this profile.

Let me handle it, alright?

While the stats look fine for the most part, I think I want to tweak the justifications and the descriptions for the attacks.

How are you...you know...Take the profile and update it? and after you do so, will you publish it? And are you busy right now of doing it?

Okay then. One more Question:

How would i know of it being changed or published? Sorry for asking alot and being impatient.

You'll see it in the Recent Wiki Activities page (accessible through the toolbar on top as "Wiki Activity" under "Explore) once it's published.

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart, but one thing: It says that despite his own Regenerationn can heal fatal wounds, it cannot make him regenerate limbs. Can't we just say that he was not shown the ability to regenerate limbs?

@Muhammed

From what I've read, Naoto has had his limbs cut off several times, and each time they had to be replaced. For example, his current right arm is made from his blood with Clavis' and Raquel's help. His left arm and right leg were cut off by Spinner Superior and had to be replaced with artificial ones.

But Ragna is the same actually. When he lost his left arm, it was replaced by Kokonoe with a prothesthic one that held the noise canceller a.k.a The IDEA Engine.

@Muhammed

But the fact that he cannot restore his limbs on his own means that he can't have Low-Mid or even High-Low Regenerationn.

I agree, but Ragna can't as well and he's listed (Mid-Low to Low-Mid), although he hasn't shown the ability to regenerate limbs.

I'm not arguing with you, but think about it quietly with me.

What? As strong as Hakumen 100%?????

He was having a difficult time against a weakened Rachel. In his arcade mode he fought old Valkenhyan to a draw, someone who was easily defeated by Hazama.

His presence is dangerous to Ragna because they share the same existence. This has nothing to do with his strength.

He was getting stomped by Ragna with Azure activated. And even said that Ragna was ridicously strong.

Having the same presence as the black beast doesn't make him strong as her. Hakumen commented the same thing in calamity trigger about Ragna, and in that time Ragna wasn't near as strong as the black beast

Just like Celica in phase shift said that Hakumen and Ragna have the same presence, and yet there was a huge gap in their strength

@Brunout

I'm not a Blazblue expert by any means, so if you have any meaningful changes to add, then by all means, please add them.

I was under the impression that Bloodedge Naoto managed to overwhelm Rachel in a single hit from the cutscene.

In addition, Naoto blocked an attack from Ragna while he was using the Black Beast's power and was on the verge of becoming it.

I posted the links as part of justifications, but it's best that you look over the profile and I appreciate any significant input right now.

I was under the impression that Bloodedge Naoto managed to overwhelm Rachel in a single hit from the cutscene

In addition, Naoto blocked an attack from Ragna while he was using the Black Beast's power and was on the verge of becoming it.

Rachel was so weakened that she couldn't even teleport anymore, something that she could do very easily and all the time in the other games, and her attacks didn't even fazed Azrael.

He didn't blocked the attack. He attacked which distraught Ragna. And then he was getting stomped by Ragna.

Ragna saying that he was feeling like fighting a mirror doesn't mean that they are equal in strength. Just that they share the same existence.

Im fine with him being large planet level. but he is nowhere near the level of Hakumen 100%, Ragna with the azure activated, Jin or Susanoo. Hakumen said that he has the same presence as the black beast because he shares the same existence with Ragna. It has nothing to do with strength. After all, he doesn't even have Black Beast power, unlike Ragna.

Not to mention that in his novel he couldn't defeat Young Valkenhyan, who is clearly below Hakumen 100% and others around Hakus level

Also, he was getting easily overpowered by Es, in the story mode.

https://youtu.be/sOHXH0Kjyz4?t=6854

The same Es who was easily defeated by Susano'o and was forced to flee.

So most of the justifications on his profile about at least large planet level should be removed. The story mode already proved that he is weaker than Hakumen, Ragna, etc, and defeating Rachel who was heavily weakened is not a big deal.

It should be:

Attack Potency: Large Planet level (Stronger than Makoto Nanaya and fought Valkenhayn to a draw) | At least Large Planet Level (Stronger than in base)

Hm, so he did block. Still, he shouldn't be scaled to Ragna because, like I said in previous comment, he (Naoto) was losing badly to Es. While Ragna fought Susano'o toe-on-toe (and it was against Susanoo with noel absorbed, and Noel absorbed Izanami in the previous chapter), and Susano'o easily defeated Es.

I know you didn't. But Muham did. He scaled Naoto to Ragna, Hakumen 100% and Black beast, when he is way weaker than them

Yea, now that you mention it, she should have.

How much weaker is Es than Ragna? She doesn't have a profile.

How much weaker is Rachel? Because Naoto basically one-shotted her with Bloodedge while holding back a good amount.

Having lower feats does not immediately disqualify higher feats. Otherwise every Final Fantasy character would be Wall level for being afraid to fall off a cliff.

She matched base Ragna and they were fighting evenly in her Arcade ending. But considering that Susanoo easily defeated her, Ragna with the Azure activated is way stronger than her.

Also, in their first fight (Ragna vs Naoto), Naoto was panting badly after the fight, and Ragna was just fine. Note that it was base Ragna, and Naoto in his "Bloodedge mode".

She was very weaker. Her attacks didn't even faze base Azrael in Centralfiction, while Ragna was fighing evenly with base Azrael, and even starting to overpowering him.

I know. Still, blocking an attack doesn't put him at the same level as the high-tiers of the verse. The story proved multiples times that he's not at the same level as them.

The guy couldn't even beat valkenhayn

Ragna with the Azure activated doesn't have a tab. So I'd appreciate one if you could add it.

Given that Rachel was basically begging Naoto to stop Ragna, I highly doubt it was just "base Ragna", given that he was a hairs-breadth from turning into the Black Beast.

Well, he didn't fight Valkynhayn in Story Mode, he got teleported away by Es first.

He doesn't?

No, I'm not talking about this fight. I'm talking about when the two first meet each other.

I'm not talking abou the fight he was going to have against Valkenhayn in the story mode. I'm talking about the fight he had with Valkenhayn in the novel.

@Brunout

Weakened | Base | Channeling the Black Beast | Centralfiction End Game

Is Arcade Mode canon? I'm still confused as to whether or not it does, and Rachel doesn't seem to recognize Naoto nor does Naoto seem to recall meeting her.

Is that Valkynhayn as strong as the prime timeline's? I've read that they're two separate timelines and thus it's difficult to cross-scale them.

Well, channeling the Black Beast power is basically the same thing as with his Azure activated. Also, to his base status, could be add that he killed Terumi without the Azure

Yep it is canon. At least some of them (Es, Azrael, and Kokonoe's one are confirmed canon. Es because Ragna only meet her in her arcade, it didn't happened in the story. And yet Ragna mentioned her in the story mode. Azrael because he mentioned in the story to Ragna that he made a "contract" with Izanami, something that only happened in his arcade mode. Kokonoe because it show her finding Noel, something that wans't explained in the story mode). But some arcades contradicts the story, like Valkenhayn one. There, he defeated Naoto, while in the story they didn't even fight.

But the first fight of Ragna and Naoto happened in the story mode

https://youtu.be/0ybOBWZ-0xU?t=608

Well, that Valkenhayn was at least strong enough to fight Clavis Alucard, the father of Rachel. But I dunno how strong he was (hella strong he was, but how much?)

Large planet level (Stronger than Makoto Nanaya)| At least Large planet level (Stronger than before. Fought evenly with young Valkenhayn and with Hazama. The latter defeated old Valkenhayn two times)

What about the aforementioned feat of overwhelming a weakened Rachel Alucard and matching base Ragna while temporarily fending off Borderline Black Beast Ragna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back