• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I saw the first episode of Rising of the Shield Hero and thought of this matchup. Since team battles are allowed if this is stompish in Odio's favor I'll add Raphtalia.

Rules: Speed Equalized. This is Odio. Victory by any means. Otherwise SBA.

Oersted3
0000Naofumi
Shield Hero:
King of Demons:

Inconclusive:

If I'm correct, it takes so long that the incap timer would be long over by the time he comes back, but I'm no expert on Live a Live.

From what I can tell he leads with monologue about how why whoever's fighting him is a hero or something. Frankly a conversation between the two characters would be interesting.

In terms of combat, he just uses whatever, I guess. At least that's what I gathered from watching his boss fight. He definitely doesn't lead with Armageddon, though.

So Naofumi could just reflect his attacks with 2-C potency. Unless he does something that Naofumi can't reflect.

I think his reflections (I'd assume) arn't infinitely stronger than the attack thrown at him.

I will comment here again, he can still reflect his attacks tho.

Wait a sec, can Naofumi interact with abstracts? I just looked Odio's profile and it says he is an abstract.

Also, Odio is non-corporeal, so can Naofumi hit him or by reflecting the attacks of a non-corporeal he will be capable of affecting him?

About the possession thing, maybe Immortal Mind can help, but I'm not sure.

Odio's true self is non-corporeal, but that version of it can't really fight. The version you actually fight in the game can be hit just as easily as anything else.

Odio probably wouldn't posess Naofumi unless he was in the middle of one of his hating everything moments. Odio probably would posess if Naofumi got to the point of using curse shields.

Oh ok, so Naofumi can affect him, if Odio's attacks are usually just basic game attacks then Naofumi can reflect those attacks to beat Odio. How long will it take for Odio to use his hax?

He also created the universe/place for the final chapter's event so any ability of an enemy used there is something he can use. Also post watch

Ciruno Fortes said:
He also created the universe/place for the final chapter's event so any ability of an enemy used there is something he can use. Also post watch
But in this match they aren't in that universe/place, they are in central park, so I don't think that can apply here.

Oh no I mean, if he basically gave them life and an ability, he probably has that ability himself. That said, I don't know what ability they have so just commenting that.

Odio can bring back his avatars quite quickly actually, just that he doesn't choose to in-game because he wants to test the heroes for himself. I also doubt that killing Odio's avatars will count as a victory against Odio himself, since Odio will still be completely unaffected and feasibly able to interact with Naofumi.

Odio has a ghost form that he uses to talk through throughout most of the game, though it's unlikely that Pure Odio retains this non-corporeality without assumptions.

Armageddon isn't OoC, and for what it's worth it doesn't target the opponent. It's more like a universe/multi universe nuke.

Like Smashor said most of Odio's attacks negate durability in some form, from life absorption to petrification + sleep manip to spatial cutting.

I don't think Naofumi could put down the real Odio since he can't interact with abstracts.

As for Armageddon, Naofumi could probably resurrect from that since he has resurrect from something that frases him across all time.

As I already said it depends with what Odio will lead with, but since he is a game character maybe is difficult to say.

I will mention Infinity Zero again, the ability can negate the use of "godly" powers by making the other to obey the laws of the world.

Saint Alicia would probably be his preferred lead given the lore, which is a no-travel time attack that puts the opponent to sleep and petrifies them.

What do you mean by 'godly' powers?

Godly powers are powers which don't naturally exist in the world where Naofumi is in. Infinity Zero prevents the use of powers which could destroy the world, and really any powers which don't originate in the world that they are currently in, and it negates immortality by giving his opponent HP, and nothing can survive with 0 HP, such is the law of the world.

Back