• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mythology missing what seems to be important

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're too controversial to be here since hinduism is still largely practiced, although I'm fairly certain hindu gods are 1-A

Characters from Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, and especially Islam are not allowed in this wiki. The first 4 would be extremely disrespectful, and the last one also result in death threats.

Dang I thought only Christianity was more controversial. But thank you for bringing up all the ones that'll never be touched.

Hindu and Christianity should only have respect thread not the profile since like Ant have said, it would only get us into trouble with the Hindu and Christian religion follower.

Backlash about Smite addition of Kali should also serve as an example as to why those profile for the character in the religion mention aboved would not have it.

IMO maybe you could get an off-site explaination page on each(non-islam) if possible. Because I've repeatedly been hearing indian and hinduism have been referred to for fictional verses for 1-A explanation stuff. Feel at least a quickly accessible explanation/respect thread which can be "linked" should be a thing. That way it stays off the site, but if someone needs it, they can be referred to that info to help quickly have information prepared. Not to mention double checking if that info is valid would be easier.

If that idea makes sense...

What I mean is maybe have a public google docs for each religion which cannot be on the site that contains various explainations, supporting text of a specific religion. This way it isn't on the site but if someone needs info from a religion like Hinduism or Christianity for example they can be linked to that google doc.
It would not have full character profiles just verse explanation, various supporting text highlights, andpsupporting feats if not per character feats. Basically like demonbane/oblivion(marvel)/masadaverse edplaination pages in google docs but with a bit more information.

Reason why I suggest doing this some higher tier stuff do refer to hinduism and christianity sometimes but as someone who lacks knowledge on hinduism at all it gets confusing to follow. Christianity is a bit easier to follow with an equivalency reasoning because I do remember a moderate amount which makes anything I don't remember less confusing to look up.

This isn't something that needs rushing to be made however I suggest hinduism first having this google doc because it's "1-A" structure might help define certain verses better. This idea avoids them being on site for vs debate or risking danger to members but the info which some verse structure reasonings might want to know. Just to be safe I'd just recommend no islam at all.

If all that makes sense.

No. Sorry. That would both be far too much work and very controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back