• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My words are The Immovable Law like the Mountains | Street Fighter Vs Sousei no Onmyouji | Akuma vs Human Arima

Dude I'm not too sure how Akuma's got anyone favoring him when his page has zero resistances to anything Arima does. His soul bind and blood lust would be ez for Arima to pull off either one and end up killing Akuma, what do I gotta show for others to get this?
I mean I'm just using this:
If you’re on Arimas level at best he’s shown just deflecting your attacks and body puppetry so no not really.
as my argument that Akuma does resist soul bind since otherwise, it'd be broken, but you said "nah not broken" because of the above statement, so I'm like bet. But now that they seem to be around the same level in AP (although I still feel like Akuma has the edge since he curbstomps the entirety of his scaling chain, which more than makes up for the difference in two characters they upscale from them).

Even if this point doesn't make sense to you, I did answer your question:
Does ki protect the soul?
With this: "Considering that Gouken survived Akuma's raging demon, which is soul based - yeah i think so" above- so... yeah

Of course, I also still feel like Akuma would have a hard time to get through soul bind since he still has to actively resist- but I feel like his Skill would actually apply here when he goes into mid-close ranges, realize which way Arima's pulling him and fool him by intentionally missing and having his own powers work against him by pulling em the wrong way- that or he just goes Shin.

also for bloodlust... Akuma basically IS blood lust- Satsui no Hado's literal translation is "Surge of Murderous Intent", I would find it jarring that Akuma can't resist Bloodlust... and if it's not on his page I will be very upset.

...It's not isn't it.

Weaker than Arima but still far into high 7-A with amps of their own.

What? I'm saying everything he uses has large aoe

Then Akuma's page needs some work.

Yeah he can't kill with it but being in the same tier it definitely is still useable, Akuma would need to be a higher tier than Arima for him to resist the soul bind plus having class m won't mean much if Akuma isn't spiritually that strong nor does it matter. The magnetism is effecting spiritual energy, it can touch spirits like the kegare. And I already went over intang argument.
Bet, Ki could still likely power null just like how I mention'd how Ryu's Hadokens can to null them outta there

Bet

I'm gonna have to do a hard agree with that lol, I don't SF Scale after all. But I might actually be an SF scaler just to fix em pages for real tho

Uhhh... I can't remember what you said, but I did say that Akuma's Ashura Senku should be going past soul like attacks like Hadoken and projectiles from Soul Power users like Rose and it's counterpart Psycho Power like Bison (who's thing is like, using soul stuff to switch bodies or smth like that if i recall), stuff like that- so if what you said relies on that it's "only physical intang"- rip that.

like wht...
The Magnetism Shield stuff, Lightning Temperature Fire, stuff like that- which isn't on the page but you're arguing for that they exist. Of course, same goes with Akuma- I'm not an SF scaler I just like SF, so I admit that it's probably missing the stuff I mention- but if you get to say that Akuma can't do X thing because it's not on his page (even though it's specifically stated), I think it's fair that I can say "Arima doesn't have X Temperature on his fire because it's not on his page".

Also, if characters just don't have soul and magnetism resist as the only ways to get past, how is Arima in this tourney if others need those very specific resistances to even touch the guy?
Wait what? I thought they had a calc of their own.
Don't the heavenly commanders already have a confirmed 30x multiplier with their mystic equip?
Oooo.... well if that's the case it'd def be an unaddable stomp- and I'm sure it'd be 6-C so that's outta the tournament- we should get a check on that

Tbh I'm fine with Akuma losing I don't expect SF chars to be all that haxxed anyways. But also no one wants to see Akuma go down like a chump, and I don't think there's a single person who don't like Akuma so- no one wanna see him out of here without a fight, so I gotta do what I can to not make it easy by going as hard as I can.

Last edited:
I won't go into full debate into this, but game Akuma's Raging Demon isn't soul based, that comes from the comics.
In the lore of the games, the Raging Demon is sin-based death hax, the soul stuff was a mistranslation from Alpha 3.

I'm not sure if Akuma could resist something like a soul bind, mostly because he's only shown resistance to soul absorption, then exploded Necalli from the inside through sheer strength.

I won't go into full debate into this, but game Akuma's Raging Demon isn't soul based, that comes from the comics.
In the lore of the games, the Raging Demon is sin-based death hax, the soul stuff was a mistranslation from Alpha 3.
Oh, still an insta-kill tho rite?

Also have you heard the outerversal akuma arguments for UDON
I'm not sure if Akuma could resist something like a soul bind, mostly because he's only shown resistance to soul absorption, then exploded Necalli from the inside through sheer strength.
Apparently it's based on AP level instead of just having resistance to it, if it was just Soul Resist only... I seriously wonder how the rest of the characters will survive against Arima lol

Oh, one more thing I've found out- Oro from SFIII apparently believes that all Ki powers are pretty much from the same source and therefore kinda the same thing, and that "evil" powers like the Satsui aren't actually evil, rather they generally used in evil ways... But this is from the Wiki... so... I wouldn't take my word for it

Last edited:
Oh, still an insta-kill tho rite?
It is, as the only ones who ever managed to survive were Gouken because of the Mu no Ken (whose specific mechanics are still unexplored) and Gen in an intro animation in Alpha 3 where Gen seemingly blocks every single hit.

Also have you heard the outerversal akuma arguments for UDON
Unfortunetly yes and they're utter bullshit.
On a side note, I'm currently working exactly on Udon files, you might want to take a look at Ryu's WIP file

Oh, one more thing I've found out- Oro from SFIII apparently believes that all Ki powers are pretty much from the same source and therefore kinda the same thing, and that "evil" powers like the Satsui aren't actually evil, rather they generally used in evil ways... But this is from the Wiki... so... I wouldn't take my word for it
If you mean our wiki, I wrote it myself and all necessary sources are referenced.
That specific part can be read here.
Then, what I mean is that you can still use the Satsui no Hado without being taken over by it, something both Oro and Akuma do (the former via an imitation of his creation), but it doesn't really confute it being born from murderous intent. Ki does indeed come from the same source, but can shaped and used in several ways. See Psycho and Soul Power, two faces of the same coin, with the former being used even by "not-entirely-evil" people such as Ed and Falke.

So he doesnt resist soul attacks?
as my argument that Akuma does resist soul bind since otherwise, it'd be broken, but you said "nah not broken" because of the above statement, so I'm like bet. But now that they seem to be around the same level in AP (although I still feel like Akuma has the edge since he curbstomps the entirety of his scaling chain, which more than makes up for the difference in two characters they upscale from them).
I mean the soul bind isnt very op at the same level, im pretty sure i said he could deflect attacks or make akuma choke himself. And arima also stomps his chain with his own amps above that.

Apparently it's based on AP level instead of just having resistance to it, if it was just Soul Resist only... I seriously wonder how the rest of the characters will survive against Arima lol
several characters resist soul hax in the tournament.

Don't the heavenly commanders already have a confirmed 30x multiplier with their mystic equip?
24 but I only apply it to Shimon and twelve guardians above him. Regardless everyone would be mountain to large mountain, I've created another calc for Benio shaking the world and it still results in the verse becoming High 7-A to 6-C. I can send if u want

You're probably thinking of the anime stuff, i dont use that, anime isnt canon. and the multiplier is 24

I
24 but I only apply it to Shimon and twelve guardians above him. Regardless everyone would be mountain to large mountain, I've created another calc for Benio shaking the world and it still results in the verse becoming High 7-A to 6-C. I can send if u want
Yeah, i definitely wanna see it. Please send if you can

You're probably thinking of the anime stuff, i dont use that, anime isnt canon. and the multiplier is 24
Nah, not thinking of anime at all. I'm talking about the shimon, rokuro vs hijirimaru where sayo got kidnapped. There's a stated multiplier for the mystic equip, i think it was a few dozen

So he doesnt resist soul attacks?

I mean the soul bind isnt very op at the same level, im pretty sure i said he could deflect attacks or make akuma choke himself. And arima also stomps his chain with his own amps above that.

several characters resist soul hax in the tournament.
Oh... well okay my entire argument Akuma standing a chance withiut being hax stomped is kind of reliant on that. Akuma COULD chi flex and null the thing like I said before... I guess? Or you argue that Necalli also keeps your soul still so he can eat it, soul bind. Because I imagine it's hard to ear something that's constantly like.... moving around to dodge you. Honestly I think I will use both arguments just to give a hard fight

Choking won't help since Akumas lungs according to his page are just built different

Wait so I don't get it, when you say "same level" do you mean same level of Soul Hax or Resist or AP level? Akuma can defend attacks from Soul Power and Psycho Power Users, which use soul stuff if I remember (Bison's who thing is to keep coming back with soul stuff I think?)

As for the AP, aight then they even

Last edited:
Wait so I don't get it, when you say "same level" do you mean same level of Soul Hax or Resist or AP level? Akuma can defend attacks from Soul Power and Psycho Power Users, which use soul stuff if I remember (Bison's who thing is to keep coming back with soul stuff I think?)
level of power, Akuma would at best be strong enough that Arima wouldnt try using it to kill.

I think the opponent at the very least needs to resist soul hax before being able to resist arima's soul hax by being relative to him
Yeah maybe but in Arima’s case he uses the spell to kill low level kegare in an instant while against stronger ones he doesn’t and only redirects their attack. But point is Akuma could just die from soul manip

Yeah maybe but in Arima’s case he uses the spell to kill low level kegare in an instant while against stronger ones he doesn’t and only redirects their attack. But point is Akuma could just die from soul manip
We should probably work on giving everyone soul manipulation resistance then

Back