• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My words are The Immovable Law like the Mountains | Street Fighter Vs Sousei no Onmyouji | Akuma vs Human Arima

monta%C3%B1as-e1533762816593.jpg

Speed equal, Location is Wakanda, Killing is the best win con for a character but if not, then things such as BFR, Sealing or incapacitating is fine as well.

Bracket

__akuma_geese_howard_and_mishima_kazumi_street_fighter_and_3_more_drawn_by_geoffrey_daigon__sample-db63e4a8521f2d9ad4d216ef0d57458c.jpg

Akuma:

90e01fea786a7f6625fcff4ad5cac87a.gif

Human Arima:

The Unnaturalist:

Well can Akuma defend against flames that are hot as lightning? And Arimas ice shards can be summoned mid air surrounding akuma and start freezing him on contact.

Here is the reasoning and scaling for the flames

Arima’s flames scale above Miku’s lightning which is quite literally performed via cloud to ground fashion with it harming Gabura the third ranked Basara while Arima scales above Miku and Gabura overall. Arima’s display of fire also made Rokuro (a character with fire attacks) impressed and reacted with amazement from the simple feat of unleashing fire. At best Arima’s flames would scale to Miku’s lightning. The spread of flames is easily hundreds of meters with Arima destroying a large part of a densely populated forest in seconds.

Arima’s PF > Miku’s Lightning ~ Gabura

STREET FIGHTER LEZ GO

Akuma parries

Honestly not sure if Akuma can win this one, I'll look up some things for SF. Apparently Blanka can pull off 150,000 volts... which doesn't really compare to actual lightning. Might be a stomp idk. Blanka did survive a lightning bolt if that counts, but so do like, humans in our world so... idk- But if we take that then Akuma would def scale above Blanka. Akuma can be seen fighting near volcanos, creating fire blasts from the ground, Ken and Gill have fire attacks. It's pretty same to assume he can block fire- but it's the temperature that's the issue

Assuming that Akuma is aware of how dangerous these things are (let's just say he knows they one shot or something for the sake of the argument)- he can probably Ashura Senku and just go straight through all of Arima's attacks and then just throw hands afterwards, unless we go bloodlusted Akuma or something then he'd just go for Raging Demon

You can also argue for power null with his Kiai parries or smth like that

(EDIT: Hadokens and many Chi Attacks power null, such as when Ryu can neg fire. This edit is done significantly long after this post was made, and is brought up later on this conversation since I wasn't all into the argument at this point)

Last edited:
STREET FIGHTER LEZ GO

Akuma parries

Honestly not sure if Akuma can win this one, I'll look up some things for SF. Apparently Blanka can pull off 150,000 volts... which doesn't really compare to actual lightning. Might be a stomp idk. Blanka did survive a lightning bolt if that counts, but so do like, humans in our world so... idk- But if we take that then Akuma would def scale above Blanka. Akuma can be seen fighting near volcanos, creating fire blasts from the ground, Ken and Gill have fire attacks. It's pretty same to assume he can block fire- but it's the temperature that's the issue

Assuming that Akuma is aware of how dangerous these things are (let's just say he knows they one shot or something for the sake of the argument)- he can probably Ashura Senku and just go straight through all of Arima's attacks and then just throw hands afterwards, unless we go bloodlusted Akuma or something then he'd just go for Raging Demon

Ashura senku is what?

Intangible from what? spiritual stuff? or just physical?

Ashura senku is what?

Quite sure it’s both if it can phase through Chi based hadokens, and his techniques also hit on spiritual level as supporting evidence (quite sure there are some spiritualist attacks that he can just go through)

Quite sure it’s both if it can phase through Chi based hadokens, and his techniques also hit on spiritual level as supporting evidence (quite sure there are some spiritualist attacks that he can just go through)
alright. At this point if he can then how long?

alright. At this point if he can then how long?
It honestly kind of depends. In the games, when you use the move, the input (Light, Medium, or Fierce Kick) is what determines the length and time of the move, much like his Tatsumaki.

However, the raging demon specifically travels across the entire screen until Akuma basically reaches the game’s boundaries (this is also supported in Tekken where he goes on indefinitely until he hits you, but again that’s Tekken so if you don’t wanna count that, that’s fine.) Akuma could theoretically just pass through every attack Arima has until he reaches Arima.

It honestly kind of depends. In the games, when you use the move, the input (Light, Medium, or Fierce Kick) is what determines the length and time of the move, much like his Tatsumaki.

However, the raging demon specifically travels across the entire screen until Akuma basically reaches the game’s boundaries (this is also supported in Tekken where he goes on indefinitely until he hits you, but again that’s Tekken so if you don’t wanna count that, that’s fine.) Akuma could theoretically just pass through every attack Arima has until he reaches Arima.
but how long can he keep up the intangibility? is it like based off his stamina or his it not really explained in the story?

Yeah the intang can work probably but if its not gonna last for a day at least then Arima ends up hitting him once he disables it. Plus I assume Akuma wouldn’t endlessly fight like that either, He can dodge akuma too. So I think his flames, ice and his attack reflection should work here.

Last edited:
but how long can he keep up the intangibility? is it like based off his stamina or his it not really explained in the story?
Not really explained and I honestly already told you, it depends based on what input you use. But regardless it's not lasting a day, the argument for Akumas intangibility being a factor is so that he can close in on Arima before it runs out so he can run his fade. But when it runs out he can just do it again, Arima would have to aim in-between that interval, and Akuma can change the amount of time he's intangible to mix people up and change that window's timing (yeah, you can fool people like that in a match, it's pretty useful for cross ups in the game), and it's not like you can predict it perfectly either, it's like playing rock paper scissors, your calculation will always have a chance at failing

Why does a Day exactly matter tho? A fight won't last that long yeah?

Not really explained and I honestly already told you, it depends based on what input you use. But regardless it's not lasting a day, the argument for Akumas intangibility being a factor is so that he can close in on Arima before it runs out so he can run his fade. But when it runs out he can just do it again, Arima would have to aim in-between that interval, and Akuma can change the amount of time he's intangible to mix people up and change that window's timing (yeah, you can fool people like that in a match, it's pretty useful for cross ups in the game), and it's not like you can predict it perfectly either, it's like playing rock paper scissors, your calculation will always have a chance at failing

Why does a Day exactly matter tho? A fight won't last that long yeah?
Arima can last for days expending energy. And closing the gap wouldnt really happen since Arima can just dodge or jump away. The interval would be easy for Arima to hit honestly, his immense amount of danmaku and summons would always allow him to get a hit at sometime.

Arima can last for days expending energy. And closing the gap wouldnt really happen since Arima can just dodge or jump away.
I see, kiting huh, I THINK Ashura does give a speed boost (especially for raging demon), but the normal variants (that aren't Heavy/Fierce) don't give that much to offer
The interval would be easy for Arima to hit honestly, his immense amount of danmaku and summons would always allow him to get a hit at sometime.
Aight, fair enough. Btw, where does it say on the profiles that Arima has lightning hot fire stuff? Can't find it.
Arima’s flames scale above Miku’s lightning which is quite literally performed via cloud to ground fashion with it harming Gabura the third ranked Basara while Arima scales above Miku and Gabura overall. Arima’s display of fire also made Rokuro (a character with fire attacks) impressed and reacted with amazement from the simple feat of unleashing fire. At best Arima’s flames would scale to Miku’s lightning. The spread of flames is easily hundreds of meters with Arima destroying a large part of a densely populated forest in seconds.

Arima’s PF > Miku’s Lightning ~ Gabura
Cuz all I got from this is Arima fire is stronger than lightning in... AP, not the temperature unless I'm reading this wrong. This feels like Sasuke's Kirin vs Amaterasu in Naruto, yeah Sasuke's Kirin is stronger, but not because its natural lightning making it hotter than Amaterasu bruh

Honestly if it really is just a one hit kill fire thing like, I'm just fighting a downhill battle trying to scrape for shit for Akuma when there's really nothing that can be done

Oh, I didn't deal with freezing yet, Akuma's fought Gill, who does do freezing status effects and covers u in ice in SFV I think, he could possibly just straight up block the ice, or use Kiai for all of the danmaku shit in general tbh

Aight, fair enough. Btw, where does it say on the profiles that Arima has lightning hot fire stuff? Can't find it.
It doesn't, I'm arguing it here, he just scales above someone else's lightning via scaling and his flames can burn/damage someone who scales above the lightning.

Cuz all I got from this is Arima fire is stronger than lightning in... AP, not the temperature unless I'm reading this wrong. This feels like Sasuke's Kirin vs Amaterasu in Naruto, yeah Sasuke's Kirin is stronger, but not because its natural lightning making it hotter than Amaterasu bruh

Honestly if it really is just a one hit kill fire thing like, I'm just fighting a downhill battle trying to scrape for shit for Akuma when there's really nothing that can be done

Oh, I didn't deal with freezing yet, Akuma's fought Gill, who does do freezing status effects and covers u in ice in SFV I think, he could possibly just straight up block the ice, or use Kiai for all of the danmaku shit in general tbh
It scales via hurting another who's stronger than the lightning. And Kirin isn't stronger than Amaterasu, idk where you got that from. Also Amaterasu isn't much hotter than lightning so I don't see the point in bringing it up unless I'm forgetting something.

Kiai seems to be pretty simple but again the danmaku spam would be insane for akuma to keep up with and I don't see him spamming kiai for very long.

Also are any of Akuma's techniques powered by negative energy or dark energy like evil?

Last edited:
It doesn't, I'm arguing it here, he just scales above someone else's lightning via scaling and his flames can burn/damage someone who scales above the lightning.
Fair enough sometimes people forget to put stuff in profiles
It scales via hurting another who's stronger than the lightning. And Kirin isn't stronger than Amaterasu, idk where you got that from. Also Amaterasu isn't much hotter than lightning so I don't see the point in bringing it up unless I'm forgetting something.
As much as I want to make an argument that being "stronger than lightning" doesn't necessarily mean "hotter that lightning"... I've got an essay to do LMAO. College is absolutely merciless this past month.
Also are any of Akuma's techniques powered by negative energy or dark energy like evil?
His whole thing is being "the evil Karate man" and using the power of the Satsui no Hado (basically Dark Side of the Force but Karate), so... I guess Arima being an exorcist is a pretty big advantage

Honestly just wait for a real supporter for SF I'm just a dude that likes spamming wake up DP as Ken

Oh no, a wall of blue text

Apparently Blanka can pull off 150,000 volts... which doesn't really compare to actual lightning. . Blanka did survive a lightning bolt if that counts
I've never heard about this, what's the source?

But if we take that then Akuma would def scale above Blanka. Akuma can be seen fighting near volcanos, creating fire blasts from the ground, Ken and Gill have fire attacks. It's pretty same to assume he can block fire- but it's the temperature that's the issue
SF characters are generally used at dealing with element users, but the highest temperature showed is Ryu incinerating a whole Seth in a couple of seconds.

Well, Akuma's smart enough to recognize a strong and capable foe, and is also able to sense Ki to gauge one's power level. We can't say if he'll Asura Senku right away, nor how much distance he can actually travel, as asked in other messages in this thread, but that's surely an option.

His Kiai is more about reducing damage to a very little amount, but it works on ki attacks and elemental projectiles.

Dunno, there isn't really something like an attack specifically targeting the soul in SF, aside from Necalli's ability to devour souls, which Akuma can resist because of another technique.

Kiai seems to be pretty simple but again the danmaku spam would be insane for akuma to keep up with and I don't see him spamming kiai for very long.
Yes, the danmaku seems too much to handle for just the Kiai, which is meant to deal with single attacks, even through game mechanics interfere with the actual functioning of the move. Still, the Kiai can be performed multiple times in a row to deal with combos.
Anyway, I think that Akuma would rather deal with Danmaku with his Ashura Senku, some acrobatic move or try to counter it with some AoE like the Sekia Kuretsuha.

Totally, he's powered by the Satsui no Hado, which is the killing intent turned into life energy fighting power. Since Arima can exorcise those Kagare, which seem to be spirits composed of negative emotions, I guess it could work on Akuma? Idk how it would end up, tho.

Btw, isn't that soul-binding spell a little broken?

Totally, he's powered by the Satsui no Hado, which is the killing intent turned into life energy fighting power. Since Arima can exorcise those Kagare, which seem to be spirits composed of negative emotions, I guess it could work on Akuma? Idk how it would end up, tho.
His attack would have their negative energy purified essentially. But yeah this does seem in Arima’s favor.

My main argument is really just outlast the Ashura Senku, greater aoe via his flames, danmaku spam and can deflect physical attacks from Akuma or just outright make him choke himself to death though its unlikely

Aight so I played SF3, and I fought Gill, the dude does freeze you completely and then you're broken out, same when you play Akuma obviously, so I don't think Freezing on contact with projectiles will be that big a deal, plus I'm sure a Tatsumki could just deflect them all with winds (I might be pulling stuff out my butt tho, but I'm sure there's some portrayals of Tatsumaki making small tornadoes)

Edit: I found it... it's Marvel vs Capcom. However Ryu does make a tornado with his Shoryuken, and since Akuma is just Ryu but better I'm sure he can pull out some other crap. He also got these giant energy blasts he does in his ending for SF4, and his Supers where he punches the ground

Ryu also put out fire with a Hadoken, which is considered power null (don't ask me how that works he somehow made his attack intangible or some random crap with a Hadoken in SFV I don't get it, Chi is dummy), and it looks like Sakura (his like, weak crap stupid undisiplinced ass student) can do it with her crappy hadokens, Akuma should stomps that Ryu in that clip could probably just do it too. I'm assuming that Chi in SF doesn't interact with matter normally since now it can just phase through people and with the fire stuff... well just hear the sound of that- I don't think Chi can just be burned away like that at that point. And in this clip, there's no Power of Nothingness (basically the Light Side of the Force) involved, so even if Akuma's negativity was negated, the normal, neutral Hado should still be in effect

Last edited:
Posting this to let u know i edited the above message a bajillion times so dont post yet

Also I can't find Arima's AP Calc anywhere, mind telling the scaling chain?

For Akuma as far as I can tell

SFA3 Ryu Satsui (1.2 Gigs, 1 is Baseline) < SFII < SFIV < USFIV (idk i'm just reading of the timeline on the verse page) < SFV Power of Nothingness < SFIII2nd < SFIII3rd < < < < < Oro & Normal / Casual Akuma (Akuma Casually Stomps PoN Ryu, Oro trained Ryu in SFIII) < Shin Akuma (unknown amp, probably very BLOODY big aince he's used as a boss character), plus all of his Damage Reduction and Stat Amp techniques

Also Class M vs Class 10 (I think cuz we're using Human Form?) LS is quite substantial, if Akuma gets a grab (in SF, grabs are common I can't tech one for crap blood heck)

I also don't know where the One Thousand range stuff comes from btw, seems like 10s of meters is where all the elemental stuff is gonna be coming from

Skill goes either way I think, I'm pretty sure when it comes to Hands Akuma skillstomps, but in general combat it's more debatable, Arima would probably see his Gi and know not to mess with him at close range. Arima is one out of a million, while Akuma is one out of... well he was the first one, everyone else who used the Satsui went mad and died somewhere

The meteors tho- I think Akuma may just be able to punch it to death like he did with the island, if not with a normal punch then a Super, sure.

Speaking of Supers, Raging Demon is probably a wincon, once Akuma sees Arima do the Madara and summon meteors out of the sky, he may consider him worthy and go Shin Akuma straight into Raging Demon.

I think Range is Arima's best chance, I really can't see him surviving if Akuma gets within his range of his normal hadokens and Asura Senkus. Even if the super hot Fire is still in play (which I don't agree with that being superior in attack power means superior in heat, but I don't wanna start any wars), Ashura Senku (which he can just spam lmao) and Chi Attacks can likely just negate them in general- even if the negative energy of them was negged

Last edited:
magnetism manip negs Akuma ever getting close. Same with danmaku and range spam and soul manip to neg Akuma getting close

Arima is one out of a million, while Akuma is one out of... well he was the first one, everyone else who used the Satsui went mad and died somewhere
Satui is just negative energy right? Well either way, people like Yuto and Benio and Arima himself have all controlled yin energy. It’s literally Yuto’s basic arsenal. Not to mention the Basaras as well. So using Satsui isnt a big deal to Arima.

magnetism manip negs Akuma ever getting close. Same with danmaku and range spam and soul manip to neg Akuma getting close
I think I already countered the Danmaku stuff with Ashura Senku and him just flexing his power nulling chi to blow away forests and what not

And... oh it's that kind of magnetism huh, diamagnetism is broken I swear. Actually I don't see magnetism anywhere except for when he tries to do the Madara? Where does he show to do the Magneto thing to deflect all attacks ever? But Ashura Senku should get through that since magnetism is a physical force so it shouldnt really interact. The spirit bind, well again its intangibility so..., but say it works, Akuma could possibly break out with how he resisted Necalli's attempt, yes I know it says Absorption, but in the cutscene Akuma specifically breaks out of being binded
If you’re on Arimas level at best he’s shown just deflecting your attacks and body puppetry so no not really.
I assume that this is what's gonna happen for Arima at best, but Akuma still has ranged attacks and of course the sheer power of Shin Akuma which could overpower this. Does Arima have to like, target Akuma to use it or does it just happen when he thinks it?

Satui is just negative energy right? Well either way, people like Yuto and Benio and Arima himself have all controlled yin energy. It’s literally Yuto’s basic arsenal. Not to mention the Basaras as well. So using Satsui isnt a big deal to Arima.
There I was just talking about skill stuff, about how Arima's skill is one in a million and that Akuma is the only one that can control the Satsui, I def agree that Arima can turn Satsui into the normal neutral Hado like Sakura's- my point was that they should be similarly skilled at least in general combat, though hand to hand may be different since that's Akuma's thing

Btw even if we go with the "higher AP = higher temp" argument, again, the powernull of Akuma apparently just... flexing, can just neg powers with his aura know that i actually did some research

Last edited:
And... oh it's that kind of magnetism huh, diamagnetism is broken I swear. Actually I don't see magnetism anywhere except for when he tries to do the Madara? Where does he show to do the Magneto thing to deflect all attacks ever? But Ashura Senku should get through that since magnetism is a physical force so it shouldnt really interact. The spirit bind, well again its intangibility so..., but say it works, Akuma could possibly break out with how he resisted Necalli's attempt, yes I know it says Absorption, but in the cutscene Akuma specifically breaks out of being binded
It's something Gaja can do and Arima copied that. But otherwise, Arima can just use it to throw rocks at him. If Ashura Senku is only physical powernull then every attack will hit since its all spiritual power. The soul bind works, Akuma has zero resistance to it, and being intangible doesn't negate soul manip

I assume that this is what's gonna happen for Arima at best, but Akuma still has ranged attacks and of course the sheer power of Shin Akuma which could overpower this. Does Arima have to like, target Akuma to use it or does it just happen when he thinks it?
He has to target them and has large aoe for all of his stuff.

There I was just talking about skill stuff, about how Arima's skill is one in a million and that Akuma is the only one that can control the Satsui, I def agree that Arima can turn Satsui into the normal neutral Hado like Sakura's- my point was that they should be similarly skilled at least in general combat, though hand to hand may be different since that's Akuma's thing
I guess, but overwhelming Akuma would be done close combat with clones and shikigamis too.

Ryu also put out fire with a Hadoken, which is considered power null (don't ask me how that works he somehow made his attack intangible or some random crap with a Hadoken in SFV I don't get it, Chi is dummy), and it looks like Sakura (his like, weak crap stupid undisiplinced ass student) can do it with her crappy hadokens, Akuma should stomps that Ryu in that clip could probably just do it too. I'm assuming that Chi in SF doesn't interact with matter normally since now it can just phase through people and with the fire stuff... well just hear the sound of that- I don't think Chi can just be burned away like that at that point. And in this clip, there's no Power of Nothingness (basically the Light Side of the Force) involved, so even if Akuma's negativity was negated, the normal, neutral Hado should still be in effect
Does ki protect the soul?

It's something Gaja can do and Arima copied that. But otherwise, Arima can just use it to throw rocks at him. If Ashura Senku is only physical powernull then every attack will hit since its all spiritual power. The soul bind works, Akuma has zero resistance to it, and being intangible doesn't negate soul manip
i think ur messing up the names- Ashura Senku is the intangible movement technique- but again, the Soul Bind doesn't work if you're on Arima's level right? Best it can do is deflect attacks- according to what you said urself. So Akuma with great enugh power should be able to just... power through it, especially with his Class M LS

and Magnetism doesn't really help since Magnetism is a physical force- it won't really do much against intangible things- and Akuma can phase through chi attacks like Hadokens too, made out of Chi- so spiritual stuff shouldn't really work either.

Does ki protect the soul?
Considering that Gouken survived Akuma's raging demon, which is soul based - yeah i think so
He has to target them and has large aoe for all of his stuff.
Hm- that line kind of confuses me, at least the "all his stuff"- so are you trying to say that- his soul bindy thing is both target an AoE? Either way Akuma could still kinda just run hands imo with his sheer power
I guess, but overwhelming Akuma would be done close combat with clones and shikigamis too.
Aren't the Shikigami's weaker than the original (according to the page)? Why can't Akuma just flex and destroy the entire area with his Ki?

Also ngl after this i feel like you might wanna update the guy's page because there's a whole lot of stuff ur saying that doesn't seem to match up to the profile

Aren't the Shikigami's weaker than the original (according to the page)? Why can't Akuma just flex and destroy the entire area with his Ki?
Weaker than Arima but still far into high 7-A with amps of their own.

Hm- that line kind of confuses me, at least the "all his stuff"- so are you trying to say that- his soul bindy thing is both target an AoE? Either way Akuma could still kinda just run hands imo with his sheer power
What? I'm saying everything he uses has large aoe

Considering that Gouken survived Akuma's raging demon, which is soul based - yeah i think so
Then Akuma's page needs some work.

i think ur messing up the names- Ashura Senku is the intangible movement technique- but again, the Soul Bind doesn't work if you're on Arima's level right? Best it can do is deflect attacks- according to what you said urself. So Akuma with great enugh power should be able to just... power through it, especially with his Class M LS

and Magnetism doesn't really help since Magnetism is a physical force- it won't really do much against intangible things- and Akuma can phase through chi attacks like Hadokens too, made out of Chi- so spiritual stuff shouldn't really work either.
Yeah he can't kill with it but being in the same tier it definitely is still useable, Akuma would need to be a higher tier than Arima for him to resist the soul bind plus having class m won't mean much if Akuma isn't spiritually that strong nor does it matter. The magnetism is effecting spiritual energy, it can touch spirits like the kegare. And I already went over intang argument.

Dude I'm not too sure how Akuma's got anyone favoring him when his page has zero resistances to anything Arima does. His soul bind and blood lust would be ez for Arima to pull off either one and end up killing Akuma, what do I gotta show for others to get this?

Arima ~ Tenma > Tatara > Rokuro = Kankuro Kegare Eater > Shimon Spiritual Enchantment > Hijirimaru > Shiromi > Kaguya > Gaja > Shioji > Higano > 1.06 gigatons
Wait what? I thought they had a calc of their own.
Don't the heavenly commanders already have a confirmed 30x multiplier with their mystic equip?

Back