• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My opinion on Reality Warping

The ability to warp reality and matter is amazing and super useful to have in some situations for the said character possessing the ability, but it makes the character itself so dull and uninteresting because whatever the character desires comes to life, there is no goal or no character struggles or development because they can do everything nothing is interesting or difficult for them anymore, for example if a character (Without Reality Warping) wanted to climb the top mountain it has to and fall down and get up the said character feels sadness or gets upset because they feels like that he/she can’t complete the task which then results in training and visible struggles which you can relate too in some way, on the other hand, a reality warper may just wish or wish he/she is on the top mountain or that he has the power needed to climb the mountain without training or struggles that is extraordinarily boring such strength gives the user everything.

Agree or Disagree? Let me know why.

I kinda agree there. Reality Warping is one of those hax that feel like a double edge sword. On the one hand, you can do whatever you want. But on the other hand, life becomes dull. There is no struggle anymore, there's nothing that will motivate to kepp going on. There's nothing interesting or new because you can do basically everything. It'll likely just get you into a Saitama situation. Unless you are some evil dude who wants to conquer the world or something

The ability to warp reality and matter is amazing and super useful to have in some situations for the said character possessing the ability, but it makes the character itself so dull and uninteresting because whatever the character desires comes to life, there is no goal or no character struggles or development because they can do everything nothing is interesting or difficult for them anymore, for example if a character (Without Reality Warping) wanted to climb the top mountain it has to and fall down and get up the said character feels sadness or gets upset because they feels like that he/she can’t complete the task which then results in training and visible struggles which you can relate too in some way, on the other hand, a reality warper may just wish or wish he/she is on the top mountain or that he has the power needed to climb the mountain without training or struggles that is extraordinarily boring such strength gives the user everything.

I agree completely actually
I’d much rather a character has a set of powers or a single power that can do a lot over reality warping which is basically just whichever power the writer can think of

For example say a character with gravity and density manip logically using their powers they figure out how to make black holes that power progression will feel cool and makes sense and can be cathartic depending on the context
Meanwhile a reality warper just deciding they can do that when they’re struggling is really lame

I agree, my life is a boredom, I have no goals on my life, I feel depressed everyday, someone with Reality Warping most likely would feel the same, HOWEVER, if I had reality warping, I would create a different world, similar to Isekai :D, and ofc I would restrict my own powers to not use reality warping again

Depends on how powerful it is. Weaker users still struggle a lot. As for more powerfuf ones, they could limit themselves to make it fair(usually some type of mental block). The character in this scenario could still show a lot of personality by the way how they use their powers(like imagiantion and intelligence or lack there off).
This thread reminds me of Mxy in the story"Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow"

Back