• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Small Student Upgrade

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
The purpose of this revision is to apply the results of this calculation to the students' profiles and all those affected by it.

Who scales from the Victory Bots, how and why?

Deku's AP and Durability = 9-B+ (Was able to cut a Victory Bot in half using a shield and withstand its kinetic energy while performing the feat)

Mineta's Durability = 9-B+ (Survived a clean hit from a Victory Bot. Whether other students scale from him or not should be decided in the thread. I believe most students' durability should be able to scale from Mineta with a few exceptions such as Tokoyami and Komori, who were stated to be particularly weak compared to other students)

Jiro's Quirk AP = 9-B+ (Her Earphone Jack can pierce the robot's armor, and destroy them from the inside)

Aoyama's Quirk AP = 9-A (Can one-shot Victory Bots with his Navel Laser)

Mezo Shoji's AP and Durability = 9-A (Should have been able to defeat Victory Bots to pass the Entrance Exam. The reason I'm rating this as 9-A is because the robot suffered no damage while performing the 9-B+ feat, and unlike Deku Shoji most likely used his bare hands to destroy them)

Sato's Quirk AP and Durability = 9-A (Same as Shoji, but Sato likely used the Sugar Rush boost)

Kendo's Durability and Quirk AP = 9-A (The same reason as Shoji and Sato, but unlike Sato her base durability should fully scale)

Shinso's AP and Durability = 9-B+ (Can hurt Deku with his punches and withstand his shoulder toss)

This all seems alright to me as well. 9-A starts at 0.005 Tons and Victory Bot was undamaged by 0.0048 Tons, so the upscaling should be fine.

I can say confidently this is completely fine

However with Mineta scaling I would say we can’t just say
“Eh they’re probably more durable than Mineta” if we base someone’s Dura purely off assuming that at best it can be a likely or possibly rating for me

I agree with Mineta scaling, considering Mineta is one of the weakest students in the class. And the idea the Victory Bots would use power high enough to kill normal students seems like a problem to me. However I agree that the rating should be possibly or likely.

Asui should be 100% fine for scaling to him though, she was able to injure him during the USJ Arc.

I think the calc is fine to apply, but we should only be scaling those who directly not scale. Not just "Because Mineta tanked it, they should scale too."

The Victory Bots are attacking the students with this level of power. Similar to the mines (Though the Bots are dangerous), I highly doubt the robots are using enough power to kill any of the students. Shouldn't they scale for the same reason? They should be capable of taking hits from the Victory Bots.

Unless the robots have the ability to scan everyone and check their durability, I don't see how they'd hold back.

I feel that being able to scale from Mineta, someone who is treated as a capable but joke character, is not hard to imagine. He literally scored the worst out of everyone in the quirk assessment test, only beating Deku because he had a broken finger.

I don't see how that means anything in relative to these upgrades.

Adding some things, to see if they're right.

BoS Asui AP/Dura = 9-B+ (Is capable of harming Mineta, who can take a hit from the Victory Bots)

Hiryu Rin Quirk AP = 9-A (Should be capable of destroying the Victory Bots)

Toga AP = 9-B+ (Is capable of physically restraining Base Deku) Dura = 9-A (Can take a hit from Shoji, who is strong enough to destroy the Victory Bots)

Should Shinso/Deku upscale to 9-A in their second keys, since the difference between their 9-B+ and baseline 9-A is 1.05 times. That's a increase of only 4 percent, that shouldn't be hard to believe.

Last edited:
Looks good, but why is Final Arc Deku an Unknown in base? Is there a reason that he can’t be ‘At least 9-A?’

I guess "At least 9-A" should work for the time being, but I do hope we get better feats later.
Deku profile looks great. Still shaky on 30% having Class M though, feel "At Least Class K" is a safer bet.
I apologize if this sounds like a reach, but shouldn't Deku's 30% be stronger than Nejire's 30%?

Considering Deku's 100% is 7-B while Nejire's 100% is Low 7-B+.

Last edited:
I guess "At least 9-A" should work for the time being, but I hope we get better feats later.

I apologize if this sounds like a reach, but shouldn't Deku's 30% be stronger than Nejire's 30%?
I mean, logically yeah, there's nothing to suggest his 30% is below anyone like Ryukyu, Nejire or Katsukame. It just feels like, so far, we haven't been using that kind of logic anymore of "should be", which is why all the students got downgraded to 9-B in the first place. I'm just being cautious.

To be fair I don't think Izuku's Base is important, but if it does become important in the future he'll definitely get some feats.

I mean, if that was something we'd do then anyone who was 8-A like Re-Destro would be Class M as well. But we label them as Unknown in lifting strength. Also percentages don't work like that for OFA, since it would create massive contradictions in the scaling. It's best to scale Izuku with what we actually have, to be safe.

30% time isn't over, I'm certain we'll get more feats in the future.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I just thought of something.

If Deku is allowed to scale to the Victory Bots for slicing them with a shield, then shouldn’t Yaoyorozu be allowed to scale to blocking Dark Shadow with a shield, like she was before the recent revisions?

Using a shield kind of defeats the purpose of her scaling. Also BoS Dark Shadow doesn't have any reason to be High 8-C in AP, so he'd be 9-A for destroying the Victory Bots.

This really means Momo can make shields that have 9-A dura, at best. Though her second key physical dura should be 9-A, as she took a direct hit from Kendo and was able to stay conscious and tie her up to the cannon.

BoS Momo Physical Dura: 9-B (Landmines), 9-A Shields (Can create shields that can stop Dark Shadow's attacks) JTA Momo Dura: 9-A (Can take a direct hit from Kendo using Big Fist)

But Deku’s AP is scaling and he’s also using a shield. And correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t blocking still require some AP since she’s stopping the force of Dark Shadow’s attack? Like, if Dark Shadow is 9-A, couldn’t she downscale to 9-B+ from that?

Deku isn't blocking, he destroyed it using a heavy piece of metal. The Victory Bots have 9-A dura, Izuku took advantage of their momentum and uses a weapon so he downscales. Momo didn't attack, it's just blocking.

Nope. The shield should absorb most of the impact, if Momo was still being hit by the same force a shield would be pointless.

Whatever energy hits Momo isn't possible to quantify, she's already 9-B anyway I don't see why she has to be 9-A for blocking an attack with a shield.

You’re talking about it in a durability sense, I’m talking about it in an AP sense. But never mind.

AP, do you mean physical AP? Momo literally has no reason to scale to anything.

She never attacked DS, why would you consider that?

Actually not certain that she blocked anything. It was stated that Tokoyami didn't let her use anything she created, it's possible he just tossed her shields away and pushed her out of the ring. So she might not scale period, and we never saw the entire match either.

I wasn’t referring to their 1v1, I was referring to when she did this during the cavalry battle.

I can't see that. But I know what you're talking about, wasn't Dark Shadow heavily weakened by Kaminari's attack?

Considering how easily he beats her during the actual fight, I don't see why we should assume he had the same level of power.

Back