• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As long as there are consistent feats from characters within the same key/realm of power (If that makes sense), then this looks fine to me.. and of course if the math is correct.

As long as there's consistency then I'm all good with this.

Re-looking at the scene, I don't think the Shinso calc is valid for using tensile strength still.

In this bottom panel we can see more of the huge pipe that Shinso ripped sections out of, and we can see that it's not one continuous piece of steel but several sections joined together (We can see the dividing lines between them). Which makes sense since the two sections that Shinso ripped down are equal in size. The larger rings on the outside of the pipe are for the pipe sections to be bolted together (As we can see from this earlier scene where we similar pipes in Shinso's earlier fight).

Because the pipe is not one continuous piece, and he's wrenching individual sections of the pipe down which have dividing lines between them, the current calc should not be used.
The pipes being compared are not the same.

The pipes from the first fight are a different shape than the ones in the last fight. See how there’s a connecting piece that sticks out, meant to lodge together with a central piece?

These pipes aren’t bolted together, they were either adhered (unlikely given their position is in the air and exposed), or welded together. Either option would mean there should have been debris flying from the break, but the same would have been true for the bolts as well.

So I disagree with using the bolts or equating these two pipes. Different pipes are connected in different ways. So finding the area of the screws isn’t valid imo when the method of keeping the pipes congruent is not the same.

Apologies, just noticed the bolting in one of the panels, somehow missed that. The shape, however, still implies that a measure of welding was used, but the majority of my concerns aren’t really there. Idk how I missed the signs of bolting being used, guess I need a bit more sleep

Still wondering about Nighteye's LS if we use the crater he created by throwing Rappa

Ok, ANOTHER revision I would like to make.

The tensile strength used for the pipes/bolts is incorrect. Through my research, I’ve learned that the most common bolts used for Pipe flanges are B8, made from 18-8 stainless steel. The size of the missing bolts is even consistent with this, as B8 bolts can be as small as .635 centimeters.

Therefore, rather than iron, the calc should be using the tensile strength of stainless steel, which is approximately 621 MPa.

Could be totally wrong though, but I’m pretty sure the bolts and pipes would be more likely stainless steel than pure iron.

Being in the construction industry, I have high amounts of respect for Shinso literally ripping god damn pipes out of their bolting with nothing but the capture tape and his bare hands in less than a second. Like that is a very insane, super human feat that establishes a baseline for people in this verse.

Can we proceed with the upgrades now?
Pretty sure we gotta get the whole scaling chain thing out of the way first, as well as consistency

Right now we have Clas 50 base Deku and Shinso, followed by Class K Shinso.

8% Deku has a Class K feat that is weaker than Shinso’s, despite being able to easily overpower him. So that creates an inconsistency with the scaling, and paints Shinso’s feat as an outlier.

However, 5% then has a produced Class M feat, which would make Class K weaker students consistent as they wouldn’t even be equal to 5% let alone 8%, which now paints the Class K 8% feat as the outlier.

So I believe we should review a couple other feats (if any are correctly calculated), but failing that I don’t see much contention with the scaling chain as it is.

Therefore, rather than iron, the calc should be using the tensile strength of stainless steel, which is approximately 621 MPa.
Hold up, why don't we use the actual tensile strength of B8 bolts? It's 515 Mpa, making the feat 394.50 tons, keeping all the manga feats consistent.

Base Deku = 37 Tons

Stronger Base Deku = 394 Tons

5% Deku = Stronger than 394 Tons but weaker than 418 Tons

8% Deku = 418 Tons

10% Deku = 1498.1 Tons

The movie feats are far too great to be considered, and 8% Deku's Class K feat is his upper limit.

Hold up, we don't we use the actual tensile strength of B8 bolts? It's 515 Mpa, making the feat 394.50 tons, keeping all the manga feats consistent.

Base Deku = 37 Tons

Stronger Base Deku = 394 Tons

5% Deku = Stronger than 394 Tons but weaker than 418 Tons

10% Deku = 1498.1 Tons

The movie feats are far too great to be considered, and 8% Deku's Class K feat is his upper limit.
Obviously not gonna disagree, it’s more accurate to use the actual tensile strength of the bolts rather than just their material.

I will say that there is then a very strange gap between Base and 8%, where Shinso, who can get easily overpowered by 8%, isn’t even 1.1x weaker than 8%’s upper limit.

I will say that there is then a very strange gap between Base and 8%, where Shinso, who can get easily overpowered by 8%, isn’t even 1.1x weaker than 8%’s upper limit.
Ehh we can work with that difference, Shinso did try to restrain Deku with his capturing weapon.

@Damage3245 Are you okay with the other feats of 37 tons and 418 tons?

Not sure about the validity of assuming Deku swung the metal plate at 50 mph just because that's what baseball players need to swing their bats at. It's not quite the same thing.

But aside from that - just to make sure I'm not making a mistake here, let me go over the calc:

• The force of Deku's strength is found by multiplying the weight of the metal plate by the acceleration that the plate is affected by.
  • The acceleration is found by assuming that the plate was swung at 50 mph over the course of 0.1054 seconds timeframe.
  • That timeframe is found by Deku swinging the metal plate at 50 mph over a distance of 2.356 meters.

Where I think there is something wrong with this is that the 2.356 meters here is basically the path traced out by the end of the metal plate covering a 180 degrees semi-circle.

In order for the force to be accurate, the metal plate has to be uniformly accelerating but as far as I can tell the end of the metal plate is travelling a lot faster than the bit closest to Deku. To give an analogy with the baseball bat swing, the end of the bat may be moving at 50 mph... but the bit of the bat you're holding in your hands is not. That's because the end of the bat travels a further distance in the same timeframe. More distance covered = greater speed. So therefore it wouldn't be right to use the acceleration at the end of the Swing Radius (0.75 m) as acceleration for the entire metal plate.

If you were going to use this method, you'd need to use the average acceleration.

Last edited:
Not sure about the validity of assuming Deku swung the metal plate at 50 mph just because that's what baseball players need to swing their bats at. It's not quite the same thing.
It's the minimum speed to be considered an actual swing, and it was strong enough to cut a Villain Bot and pass through, no bat (or sword) would be able to do that, and the metal plate is too thick to be using the speed of sword swings, so it should be fine.
In order for the force to be accurate, the metal plate has to be uniformly accelerating but as far as I can tell the end of the metal plate is travelling a lot faster than the bit closest to Deku.
I can use the middle of the plate where the center of gravity is located.

Last edited:
I can use the middle of the plate where the center of gravity is located.
Yeah, made an edit to my post above where I said average acceleration should be used.

It's the minimum speed to be considered an actual swing, and it was strong enough to cut a Villain Bot and pass through, no bat (or sword) would be able to do that, and the metal plate is too thick to be using the speed of sword swings, so it should be fine.
I guess it could fine though the origin of said statement looks like an opinion piece without anything solid backing it up. Just wanted to point that out.

Obviously not gonna disagree, it’s more accurate to use the actual tensile strength of the bolts rather than just their material.

I mean 418 was what he could do when surprised and caught off guard and not ready for it.
I mean 5% isn't said to be much physically STRONGER than Base so we don't we scale it to Baseline Class K?

The variables have changed. I'm not so sure about that method of measuring it...

The acceleration should be lower if you're using the average compared to what is was before.

I think the issue Therefir is that the plate isn't being swung by one end. Izuku isn't holding it by there. So the 0.55 m figure for the midpoint of the swing isn't right.

Last edited:

66 tons for Base Deku. There shouldn't be any issues now, I measured the speed and acceleration from the center of the metal plate, and anime timeframe doesn't lie.

@Damage3245
Err, correct me if I'm wrong but to find acceleration you've got the starting velocity as 0 m/s. Is the metal plate really not moving at all in that first frame?

Err, correct me if I'm wrong but to find acceleration you've got the starting velocity as 0 m/s. Is the metal plate really not moving at all in that first frame?
It was moving in slow motion, making any calculation before those frames inaccurate.

I checked and subsequent frames maintain the same acceleration.

It was moving in slow motion, making any calculation before those frames inaccurate.

I checked and subsequent frames maintain the same acceleration.
Right, I'm not asking you to use the slow motion velocity, of course - but if we're calcing acceleration then using just a limited arc of the metal plate's movement and assuming it was moving at 0 m/s beforehand doesn't make a lot of sense.

(Honestly not trying to nitpick here, but the method seems flawed to me)

Damage said they would check my calc later, in the distant future.
SpongeBob_Time_Card_Banner.jpg

this is me being hopeful, cause man I’m thinking it’ll take a few days
It won't take a few days for me to look at the calc. I'm just focusing on a few different things right now and dealing with a lot of pain.

It won't take a few days for me to look at the calc. I'm just focusing on a few different things right now and dealing with a lot of pain.
Yeah that was memeing and a joke on how long calc group em beers can take

hope ya feel better soon

Back