• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yeah, Dark Shadow didn't feel anywhere close to as big or threaten as in the manga. They hanged way too long on him and made me think AFO was stupid for not just moving out of the way. They failed to sell the fact AFO was scared of Dark Shadow as well, him being overpowered by it didn't even feel impactful.
As an anime only, I kinda saw behind AFO's façade, his facial expression and the flashing background gave away his fear in a way.

Yeah the still frames are really noticeable this episode. We are almost through the season and no big name animators have shown up in any sequences. And given the heavy involvement in the movies I doubt they are going to appear.

I know the season is very action heavy but still the quality is very disappointing for a studio of Bones caliber.

And I looked into the Mina stuff.... God it's so stupid it gave me a brain aneurysm. So apparently they are mad because a Japanese girl looks like a Japanese girl and isn't black.

Every time I forget that side of the fandom exists, they just crawl out of the ground to remind us all. Americans.

It's a Mandela effect thing where people think Horikoshi stated that or showed it in some art that actually didn't exist.

What actually happened is a kind of Piccolo effect.
Nope. Most people straight up admit that they imagined her as Black. Reason ? The same crackhead logic they apply in their weird ships (Vibes).

I am getting concerned about how they are going to do All Might vs AFO now. That fight has a a lot of good choreography, possibly the best in the series. Please don't still frame it bones.

Idk if this has ever been mentioned, but how come no one’s ever calculated All Might’s feat of point-blank dodging Bakugo’s explosions during the Final Exams Arc?

The final trailer for the movie dropped. God only if the anime had this l,evel of quality it would be breaking records.

Bones is really a hit or miss studio with MHA. One episode they deliver 10/10 content and the next episode it's barely a 5/10.
All the 'sauce' from the manga just gets sucked out.
Bones should just let the final battle be a movie at this point with how they always cook with them.

Mob Psycho shows that the people inside working can excel, but the production behind MHA is just rough.

Idk if this has ever been mentioned, but how come no one’s ever calculated All Might’s feat of point-blank dodging Bakugo’s explosions during the Final Exams Arc?
Don’t think it matters now tbh there’s already better feats out there

Is it me or is this season even stiffer than s6 ? Like the high moments are good and no shit drawings but still S6 felt way more fluid.

Is it me or is this season even stiffer than s6 ? Like the high moments are good and no shit drawings but still S6 felt way more fluid.
It's just you

Season 6 had far more still frames and way less hype. Season 7 has been full of good episodes with pretty solid animation for most of it. Like most of the still frame moments have been saved for unimportant stuff

Goes hard asf

world-best-hero-fanart-contest-10-winners-v0-vex3ykqleypd1.jpg

Today's episode was fantastic. Sadly we won't hear Akio Otsuka again until the end of Season 8. I was wondering if they will change VA to fit the age. Which means Googoo gaga AFO is real.

Some great animation for mostly AFO, it felt like his episode. The background animation was great to with the lightning and stuff adding to the flare. Must mention Impure beam, not only did they not censor him but also good animation for the attack itself.

AFO's victory here feels a lot more effortless than it did in the manga. Like he just sounds bored. plus it takes him like 3 minutes to crush the heroes.

Love how Deku and Shigaraki are causing a vortex spanning multiple city blocks by just holding hands.

Which gets me to the preview, the next episode seems like it is basically Peak moments complication. We have All Might and AFO staredown (maybe the suit up?) Dabi vs Enji and Iida getting Shoto to Dabi. (wonder if we will get something like Season 5 level of Animation on Iida).

And a peek at Deku vs Shiggy and they got the shading right this time with the eyes and stuff.

On that note who wins ?
who-wins-a-free-4-all-fraudkuna-thukuna-or-uncuna-v0-68nsm1j5muvc1.jpg

Ryomen Thunkuna

vs

Thomura Thigaraki

youre-heard-of-thukuna-now-get-ready-for-thigiraki-v0-kbwu70usycpd1.jpeg

There are some weaker episodes this season but nothing can compare to the doozers in Part 1 of season 6.

Why isn't Mirio at least downscaling from near-high ends when he's able to constantly make them snarl in pain.
He never hurt them, in fact he was incapable of moving them even with a direct hit. You can see the clear difference in their punches.

He kicks one in the head here and it does literally nothing. His only feat were pushing them while they were already in the air, which doesn't require harming them.

The anime added a lot of scenes with him clearly hurting them, but those are not canon to the manga and are just nonsense.

Mirio also knew that he couldn't hurt Tomura, so he used Nejire's energy to attack him, and was surprised to see it didn't harm him either. This means Mirio believes that Nejire, who scales to this level, could injure someone he's incapable of damaging himself. It's pretty clear Mirio is not meant to be comparable to any of them.

Last edited:

Still waiting.

Note: The Lower Tier revisions will not be happening for awhile, so I'm moving that to after the Final Smash thread. The changes are bigger than I thought and it's possible future information could contradict or support it as well, I'd rather not waste a whole bunch of time on something that ends up getting proven wrong in a few months.

So whatever happened to the upgrades.
They can't even start until the current batch of MHA CRTs end.
Link to it?

Isn’t Deku in that MU also allowed to activate Gearshift if need be?

When was that confirmed? Isn't Final War just after Dark Hero? Gearshift is dangerous and not necessary for what Deku was doing at the time.
We have no idea when he unlocked Gearshift, so it's irrelevant.

One would need to prove he did unlock Gearshift in that arc. All we knew was that he unlocked Danger Sense in the All-Out War arc and just used Fa Jin for the first time during the Lady Nagant fight. It's not like Izuku to ignore a new Quirk for long, so I imagine he only very recently unlocked Fa Jin.

When Gearshift came about is unknown. As it's never stated when it was unlocked and when was the first time he used it. We know he trained with it at least since he wouldn't know the oxygen blow back and the exact time he can withstand it for, those are far too detailed for a guess. Especially when the fate of the world rides on this.

So Izuku cannot use Gearshift unless he's shown to use it.

Back