• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think regarding Shigaraki and Deku moving, its unquantifiable, but we at least can calc Snipes bullets since they crossed at a few hundred feet before Shigaraki hand crossed less than an inch

He means that Deku is still moving towards Shigaraki's hand at a really high but unknown speed while Shigaraki's hand is also moving towards him at FTE speeds, while Snipe's bullet had to travel hundreds of meters before Shigaraki touched Deku's head.

This next bit is pure guess work, but assuming Deku's head is 50 centimeters away from Shigaraki's hand at the time Snipe fires his bullet, and assuming both are moving at FTE speeds (34.3 meters per second), the timeframe would be 0.0072 seconds.

Snipe's bullet had to travel hundreds of meters before this timeframe is completed or else Deku gets decayed, meaning:

Bullet Speed = 100 meters (low-balled distance)/0.0072 seconds = 13888.88 m/s or Mach 40.49

Now people could say that Deku simply slowed down after jumping and wasn't moving as quick (it doesn't make sense for Shigaraki to be able to intercept a Deku jumping at 100% after all) or that Snipe somehow predicted where Shigaraki's hand would pop out of Kurogiri's black mist and fired the bullet before his hand came out, but that's really unlikely.
We see Shigaraki's hand being 2cm away from Deku's face, then the gunshot. Shigaraki can react at fte speeds, even if Deku slowed down.

Doesn't Snipe not need to specifically predict where Shigaraki is gonna go, his Homing would simply hit him once he's locked unto Shiggy (even with the Kurogiri shenanigans)? Unsure how that would factor into this though.

Doesn't Snipe not need to specifically predict where Shigaraki is gonna go, his Homing would simply hit him once he's locked unto Shiggy (even with the Kurogiri shenanigans)? Unsure how that would factor into this though.
It doesn't factor into anything, since the anime showed the moment when Snipe fired, while the manga doesn't.

He fired when Tomura was a hair away from touching Izuku and the bullet reached them.

Though it's funny Snipe says he can't choose what part of his target gets hit when he clearly shoots Tomura's hand on purpose, and later both of his legs with perfect accuracy.

Snipe also somehow shot the guy Holding Kaminari hostage even though they were out of their fov and behind a bunch of rocks, which the bullet weaved through and accurately hit the hostage in non lethal areasand avoided Kaminari (stupid move realistically speaking as the captor can fight through the pain and kill the hostage but whatever)

I didn't even know Nejire and Suneater had 2 keys. I am pretty sure they already maxed out their skills by the time of the Raid, Sure Tamaki's power depends on what he eats so he wasn't well prepared in the raid with a freaking Plasma canon and Nejire was up against a guy can steal life energy, which Nejire draws her power from.

I didn't even know Nejire and Suneater had 2 keys. I am pretty sure they already maxed out their skills by the time of the Raid, Sure Tamaki's power depends on what he eats so he wasn't well prepared in the raid with a freaking Plasma canon and Nejire was up against a guy can steal life energy, which Nejire draws her power from.
Anyone can become stronger, you'd need to provide a statement/proof that says/shows they're incapable of growing beyond personal speculation.

People are still trying to get Endeavor a second key because they believe he's gotten stronger, despite everything we've been told in universe.

Looks like we're going to get Mahito Vs. Shigiraki in death battle if the Kickstarter goal reaches 300K.
Don't understand how they'll deal with the fact Shiggy cannot see him. I guess they'll just let him see him?

Nor do I know how they'll touch on his regeneration via his Soul Manipulation. I wonder what version of Shiggy they'll even use.

Don't understand how they'll deal with the fact Shiggy cannot see him. I guess they'll just let him see him?

Nor do I know how they'll touch on his regeneration via his Soul Manipulation. I wonder what version of Shiggy they'll even use.
My guess is that he will just be able to sense him, but not actually see him.

If they scale his regeneration to how the wiki has him at, possibly Low-Godly, then Shigiraki has no hope of winning. My guess is Base Mahito Vs Complete Shigiraki and later in the fight Mahito evolves into his true form.

How fast would someone have to be moving to be FTE to someone who can react to sound?

Generic villains were able to react to Present Mics scream, Kirashima/Bakogou/Shoto were all able to fodderize generic villains so its safe to assume they'd be able in the sonic range, for Deku to be able to move so fast that they couldn't see him would imply Deku being significantly faster correct?

Or for the USJ Nomu to statue the students and almost kill Bakogou, being able to statue someone who can react to sound speed

Screenshot_2024-07-30-22-08-15-79_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Shigiraki Vs. Mahito confirmed

I'm curious to know how they'll choreograph a fight between two characters who can kill each other with a touch.

Or how they'll have Shigaraki counter Mahito's Domain Expansion.

Here's what I wanna know. How are they gonna handle the Black Flash Multiplier? Are they gonna use it to its fullest so Mahito can have the benefit of the doubt against Shigaraki?

Maki was caught in Sukuna's Domain but she was not instantly sliced up by his slashes, she can't use Simple Domain and was shown to be deflecting rubble away from her. I think you cannot target someone unless they have Cursed Energy, if Tomura doesn't have that energy he cannot be recognized by Mahito's Domain.

Also, Domains see people without Cursed Energy like a building. Maki couldn't be caught by a Domain unleash she wanted to, the same should be true for Tomura.

The Black Flash multiplier and both of their speed is something I'm more interested in.

Edit: How they'll fight at all is interesting as well, due to how their powers work.

Maki was caught in Sukuna's Domain but she was not instantly sliced up by his slashes, she can't use Simple Domain and was shown to be deflecting rubble away from her. I think you cannot target someone unless they have Cursed Energy, if Tomura doesn't have that energy he cannot be recognized by Mahito's Domain.
If I'm thinking of the right scene for what you're talking about, Maki was saved by Miwa who can use Simple Domain.

I believe Sukuna's Domain is special due to the fact he can choose to target non living and living things with his Technique, if I remember correctly. He also didn't have a barrier either, which means getting Maki inside of it was no problem. That's probably why he can target Maki in his Domain Expansion, he can target everything he wants to.

In Chapter 198, Naoya's Domain couldn't target Maki since she had no Cursed Energy. That's mostly what I'm assuming would happen.

Note: I'm not knowledgeable about JJK so I could be mistaken about a lot of stuff here.

Can't Shigaraki jus resist Mahitos soul manipulation? And Can't Shigaraki also attack Mahitos soul, he fills the requirements mentioned in JJK like Yuji does. He'll just decay Mahitos soul. Boom, over.

Tomura has no feats of attacking the soul, just because in JJK having multiple souls means you can attack the soul doesn't mean Tomura can do that.

Resistance is a thing I'm not touching yet.
Maybe not the souls in his verse. But in order to attack souls in JJK, having multiple souls is what you need. So he'll be able to attack Mahitos soul. Unless we're going to do some weird "soul equalization" or something. Since clearly the concept of souls are different between the verses.

Maybe not the souls in his verse. But in order to attack souls in JJK, having multiple souls is what you need. So he'll be able to attack Mahitos soul. Unless we're going to do some weird "soul equalization" or something. Since clearly the concept of souls are different between the verses.
Plus, AFO and SnS have both shown to be able to attack and destroy souls. So why wouldn't Shigaraki? Plu plus, AFO is literally inside Shigaraki so even if we say that Shigaraki can't attack Mahitos soul the AFO would still be able to

That's irrelevant, that's not a weakness of souls in JJK but a special ability gain from having two souls in JJK. You're the one doing weird soul equalization stuff. Tomura cannot attack the soul period, he has no feats and what happens in JJK is irrelevant because it's not true for Tomura.

When Izuku punches people, he's not punching their soul, unlike Yuji who can actually do that. That a special ability he gained.

Star has nothing to do with Tomura and AFO cannot attack and destroy souls. New Order only attacked their vestiges when AFO absorbed it.

A vestige, which is a piece of someone's soul, can attack other vestiges. To no one's surprise, a soul can attack another soul.

AFO, Tomura, or Star never directly attack the soul at all.

That's irrelevant, that's not a weakness of souls in JJK but a special ability gain from having two souls in JJK. You're the one doing weird soul equalization stuff. Tomura cannot attack the soul period, he has no feats and what happens in JJK is irrelevant because it's not true for Tomura.

When Izuku punches people, he's not punching their soul, unlike Yuji who can actually do that. That a special ability he gained.

Star has nothing to do with Tomura and AFO cannot attack and destroy souls. New Order only attacked their vestiges when AFO absorbed it.

A vestige, which is a piece of someone's soul, can attack other vestiges. To no one's surprise, a soul can attack another soul.

AFO, Tomura, or Star never directly attack the soul at all.
Doesn't AFOs vestige almost destroy Shigarakis soul when it came back? However you see it, I think the 2 are so incredibly similar that Death Battle would give Shigaraki the ability to interact with Mahitos soul.

Doesn't AFOs vestige almost destroy Shigarakis soul when it came back? However you see it, I think the 2 are so incredibly similar that Death Battle would give Shigaraki the ability to interact with Mahitos soul.
AFO's vestige can interact with other souls as said above, a soul can interact with another soul.

He did this by weakening Tomura first by revealing the truth of his past.

The only way that would matter is if Tomura transfer all of his Quirks/Vestiges to Mahito. Which I don't see happening at all.

AFO's vestige can interact with other souls as said above, a soul can interact with another soul.

He did this by weakening Tomura first by revealing the truth of his past.

The only way that would matter is if Tomura transfer all of his Quirks/Vestiges to Mahito. Which I don't see happening at all.
I mean, it could happen. But also, if Mahito tries to manipulate Shigaraki's soul. Couldn't AFOs vestige interfere like Sukuna did with Yuji?

I mean, it could happen. But also, if Mahito tries to manipulate Shigaraki's soul. Couldn't AFOs vestige interfere like Sukuna did with Yuji?
I have no idea. This goes back to unknown territory.

Like, what would Mahito see when he looks at Complete Shigaraki? Would he see the same shell of hatred Izuku saw as well?

Death Battle can go 50/50 on something like that.

Let's be real here. Death battle doesn't really scale stuff like vs wiki does here so if the stats are one sided enough, I fully believe they'll just have shiggy win, but who knows, maybe they'll change stuff up. I remember how they had Beerus defeat that one girl from sailor moon and I know sailor moon is unreasonably stacked.

Hell, they had Broly defeat a weird composite version of immortal hulk if I remember correctly

Nothing to say much about the "talk", when it's actually just letting Uraraka express her feelings. Though I like the detail that she was making him float.

Our mysterious character is meant to parallel Tomura, with even the same old lady reaching out to help him.

Some of the wording on the translation is weird, I need to see the officials.

Can't really talk about much when it's mostly just character stuff. I'm curious on what's going to be the final chapter, since I though mysterious boy would've been there. The Izuku and Uraraka stuff was rather small all things considered. Now watch people complained how quickly both of them got over their feelings.

Also, Izuku didn't tell anyone about the OFA embers thing. Which is pretty weird.

Seriously though, we need some kind of moment with Inko. We haven't even seen her in this epilogue at all.

My list is pure power only and nothing else. Not who beats who, and temperature feats are not counting as well.

First: Izuku with OFA (Obviously)

Second: Complete Tomura (Obviously)

Third: Prime All Might (Obviously)

Fourth: Prime All For One (Rewind AFO could be here as well, not going to label him at all, just assume they're the same)

Fifth: Tokoyami (Full Power Dark Shadow)

Sixth: Gigantomachia (Full Power. Yeah I believe Dark Shadow is stronger than Machia)

Seventh: Star and Stripe (Hax don't count as power, she can't produce enough power to overcome Incomplete Tomura's regeneration)

Eighth: Dabi (Full Power)

Ninth/Tenth: Endeavor/Shoto (Both are basically around the same output, nothing puts Shoto above Endeavor, though he lacks Endeavor's weaknesses)

I theorize that Dark Might is placed between Complete Tomura and Prime All For One. Let's see if I'll be right when it comes out.

Also, I'm not putting down All Might and AFO twice in the list. They'd both be above Endeavor in terms of power.
Sorry for the late reply but where would you place awakened Bakugo?

I am pretty sure Mahito still has a CE limit and he can use only use Idle transfiguration so many time before running out. Like both Todo and Nanami pointed out, they cannot regen forever and once out of CE Mahito can't use CT. A couple full body decay should do it.

I realized that Shigaraki during the USJ is already FTE as he was able to blitz Deku, Mineta and Tsuyu from at least 20 feet away

Feel free to correct my paper napkin math

Shigaraki being able to FTE from 20 feet away, 20 feet in 0.0072 would be around 2760 feet / 33120 inches per second

Snipe bullets had to cover 300 feet before Shigaraki hand covered an inch

300 x 33120 inches = mach 752

On the other hand I asked ChatGPT and it calced 80 feet per second

If we go with 80 feet per second which comes out to mach 21

Back