• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

so is the warping physics deku thing were just gonna classify as hyperbole/flower text or ?
Unless he actually does something with it, I'm not really alright with having any mention of that on his profile.

"Warping the very laws that govern reality." Is very vague and didn't actually do anything. Like what did warping the laws that govern reality actually do?

Right now, this is just flowery text. Watch Izuku punch through space or something at his absolute max power.

Unless he actually does something with it, I'm not really alright with having any mention of that on his profile.

"Warping the very laws that govern reality." Is very vague and didn't actually do anything. Like what did warping the laws that govern reality actually do?

Right now, this is just flowery text. Watch Izuku punch through space or something at his absolute max power.
It's probably talking about Gearshift ignoring the laws of inertia

It's probably talking about Gearshift ignoring the laws of inertia
"Then there's the pure simple might built up within One For All. A fist imbued with these two overlapping powers... Can warp the very laws that govern reality."

Gearshift could always ignore inertia, Second User even says AFO should already know that.

But the above statement is saying this warping is caused by both Gearshift and One For All's raw power.

"Then there's the pure simple might built up within One For All. A fist imbued with these two overlapping powers... Can warp the very laws that govern reality."

Gearshift could always ignore inertia, Second User even says AFO should already know that.

But the above statement is saying this warping is caused by both Gearshift
and One For All's raw power.
It’s probably gonna be some relativistic-light speed stuff next chapter.

That would probably fit the bill.

It also has to be five punches in quick succession because Deku notes that it has recharged his Fa Jin which requires multiple repeated motions in order to work.
It just says that repeated movements build up motion based energy. It doesn't say that it can only store up energy from repeated motions.

Not saying you're wrong, just that isn't confirmed. Maybe it can or can't.

Ok then here’s my question.

Wouldn't that produce the same result?

Like if Deku throws 5 punches all essentially at the very same time in the very same area, wouldn’t that still produce the result of 5x his one punch?

Ok then here’s my question.
Not at all. Rapidly punching wouldn't magically increase the energy results. It's still just being punched 5 times by the same level of power in quick succession.

It's impossible to hit at the same exact time, that wouldn't even be actual speed at that moment if you could.

Maybe the last Fa Jin blow would be. But that would be assuming it can store all of the kinetic energy from the Quintuple.

It just says that repeated movements build up motion based energy. It doesn't say that it can only store up energy from repeated motions.

Not saying you're wrong, just that isn't confirmed. Maybe it can or can't.

Since he said it gave him a refill I'm presuming that means he built up more than what you'd get from just a single motion.

But more importantly that's just a supporting point to the other pieces of evidence mentioned.

Since he said it gave him a refill I'm presuming that means he built up more than what you'd get from just a single motion.

But more importantly that's just a supporting point to the other pieces of evidence mentioned.
I know that. But your wording is making it sound like it's impossible for anything but repeated movements can charge Fa Jin. When that isn't what was stated.

I wasn't disagreeing with your point about Quintuple.

There isn't anything to suggest that a single abnormally powerful blow also can't fully charge Fa Jin, that's just you presuming.

Not saying it wasn't 5 rapid blows, that clearly does seem to be the case. Just making up a possible example, nothing more.

But the above statement is saying this warping is caused by both Gearshift and One For All's raw power.

"Since it merged with One For All and evolved along with it, Gearshift's scope has greatly broadened, allowing it to apply to more diverse targets than it originally could and function right down to the cellular level. When used in conjunction with the raw might of One For All, it is capable of warping the very laws of reality"

it seems to be talking about how gearshift grew strong within ofa

As of right now, who are the characters getting the largest increase in stats? Im assuming Bakugo and Deku, as well as Shigaraki, but is Mirio or Mirko getting increase to their speed or AP?

I think Deku needs a small update to his Range section

"up to Tens of Kilometers with One For All (Can produce wind pressure of varying range depending on the power output."

Reading it like this it has you believing that any percentage of OFA has range up to Tens of Kilometers, but we all know that only 100% can achieve that range and 45% I think

That's why it says "Standard Melee Range, up to Tens of Kilometers with One For All".

We could also put "Several Meters to Tens of Kilometers with One For All" since even 5% can destroy large portions of rock.

We could also put "Several Meters to Tens of Kilometers with One For All" since even 5% can destroy large portions of rock.
Speaking on stats can we scale every member of the league (during the PLA arc) to gigantomachia’s shockwave? Not the ground destruction but we see that they all are hit by the shockwave. (Toga and Dabi particularly are thrown back by it, and Dabi is still one of the lower constitution members right?) It’s During his fight against the league we see before they meet Garaki, same one were You calc’d the gigantomachia smash.
Do they scale directly or is it like an inverse square law thing?

Speaking on stats can we scale every member of the league (during the PLA arc) to gigantomachia’s shockwave? Not the ground destruction but we see that they all are hit by the shockwave. (Toga and Dabi particularly are thrown back by it, and Dabi is still one of the lower constitution members right?) It’s During his fight against the league we see before they meet Garaki, same one were You calc’d the gigantomachia smash.
Do they scale directly or is it like an inverse square law thing?
They weren't hit by it at all, his shockwave just traveled through the ground, which caused them to rise up with the ground.

Even assuming it also made a shockwave of equal strength in the air, doubt the results of them would even be High 8-C. Assuming the attack produce a air shockwave of 300 Tons and they were 5 meters away (Distance is actually much higher), that'd give them 8-C durability (0.4 Tons). And this is heavy wanking because there is no reason to assume there was a pressure wave traveling through the air.

So yeah, there is no durability there.

5% and 8% should be "Several Meters"

10% and 15% would be the same thing

20% and 30% should be "Hundreds of Meters"

45% would be either "Kilometers or Tens of Kilometers" since the shockwaves of 45% can spread over an entire city

100% would stay the same

What do you think?

Back