• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

“Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material.
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans. < - THIS IMPORTANT?
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)”

• It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans. < - THIS IMPORTANT?
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)”
Since when is Shigaraki a normal human? Plus, he also utilizes reflection and refraction to sent the lasers back immediately after.

Laser beams cut through people, and I don’t think they “pushed” him? He just seems to be off the Nomu when they hit, which is due to the Nomu being in a vacuum and not being able to fly.

The lasers burned Shigaraki, like they're suppose to do. The technology from them is real, and they reflect and refract like light.

Shigaraki reflects the laser back at Star, and before the laser disappears she is able to say it's name and grab it. The tail of the light is bending, which meant that tail hadn't reached her before she grabbed the light.

image0.png

She never imposed the rule on the laser

she said that SHE would be able to hold the laser, not that the laser would be held by her. So she imposed the rule on herself. So the laser didn’t need to touch her first.

She said laser before it touched her, so I think she imposed the rule on the laser. Once again, the Nomu is falling Shigaraki is off the Nomu because of the vacuum that she made caused it to fall.

Seriously, probably best to wait for the official translation.

That’s part of the nomu and doesnt look like shigaraki at all. The object shown in the air os depicted as a body and has a cape like figure coming off his body.
The Nomu is beneath the blotch of white. Shigaraki is atop it. The blotch of white is covering them both, obscuring Shigaraki standing on it.

I found something really worth noting. Whenever Star and Stripe's Quirk activates, her text bubble is striped. It's striped when she holds the laser, so yeah, she did in fact use her Quirk to be able to hold it.

I’m actually cackling rn

We just got done arguing about how speed progression is logical and very low in this verse, with some people saying they will never reach around light speeds.

And next chapter is Star flat out catching lasers with no aim dodging. And still being inferior to All Might.

Poetry
It was only a matter of time. Once characters like Nine (I know no one flat out dodged his lightning) got introduced it was only the next step.

To this day, I still think Aoyama's lasers might be LS.

The laser blasted her mask off so these lasers do seem to carry a bit of force to them.
Her mask isn’t blasted off, it’s destroyed with pieces missing. So if the laser hit her first and then she grabbed it, it just destroyed her mask. Given it literally enveloped her whole body, that doesn’t seem strange to me. Though she herself resisted the laser.

I just want to say... I think people are starting to overrate this feat.

It seems to me that Star and Stripe only really reacted after she was hit. Once she was able to touch it, she said the name of it and turned it into something she could catch.
I agree. We may be overreacting to this a bit too much.

Of course it’s overreacting. People want to grab and claw at anything and everything that MAY make MHA touch the relativistic tier, no matter how much of an outlier it is, or no matter the tens of things which debunk it.

There are people who still think DEKU and Bakugo are ”lightning timers”.

I'm under the belief that the jet's lasers can be considered as light speed.

But I don't think anyone scales to it at all.

Even if you twist everything else to somehow make Stars scale to it, it's still going to be an outlier.

Back