• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Did the Grey Nomu even took an attack that has AP behind it like Jet Burn/Vanishing Fist or did it just withstood a generic flame blast. Cuz if it's the latter then I'm pretty sure that's just a fire resist feat not Dura, since wasn't that's the reason why Shoto's ice and fire have no AP values to scale off of before he learn Flashfire Fist, since they were just temperature feat or else we would still have Low 7-B BOS Shoto
Back then all Endeavor used were generic flame blasts. It was a generic flame blast that matched air canon which is used by many here to scale Endeavor to AFO.

So I don't see why it would start mattering when it comes to the Grey Nomu when no one seems to care when it's AFO. I hope you see that this is an example of pure bias right there.

The Grey Nomu is seen as "lower" than Endeavor so it's scaling is questioned, but since AFO is the peak, this stuff isn't brought up.

Did these ever get translated?
I think so. There were translations on Twitter, also the hanahimas and Class1Akids Tumblr pages did translate all of them.

The villain report is Hawks report so everything is biased according to his views but it should give an eyeopener of how Hawks viewed the villains going into the war arc.

The villain report goes up to Volume 34.

Link to translations: https : // hanashimas. tumblr. com/post/683256460315131905/since-some-people-asked-and-i-wanted-to-practice

It seems you can't link Tumblr posts here so copy the link and remove the spaces.

The villain report is Hawks report so everything is biased according to his views but it should give an eyeopener of how Hawks viewed the villains going into the war arc.
Can a fictional character with no real conscious outside of what the author writes be biased?

Can a fictional character with no real conscious outside of what the author writes be biased?
Yes because the author writes dialogue according to that person's pov/viewpoint, and how he interprets information can be different from the actual truth

Although I don't know if Hawk's villain report is actually a canonical report, I think it's just a fun theme for the databook.

Yes because the author writes dialogue according to that person's pov/viewpoint, and how he interprets information can be different from the actual truth
This can only work if there’s a fundamental narrative behind his bias or lack of knowledge.
If he’s making a statement similar to “I think I can beat X with Y ability” then he’s clearly unsure of his capabilities and Y’s ability so the statement would indeed be from his interpretation.
But if a character states “Oh wow he’s reached light speed” with no information analysis or any evident understanding of light speed, but the statement has no reason to be false then we assume the author has written this in to relay information, otherwise it’d have 0 narrative importance to be a lie.
In this case, Hawks has not fought this version of Tomura, witnessed his capabilities and should not be capable of analyzing him in the slightest could give full details and a direct comparison for his power makes this more than a viewpoint analysis, it’s a direct statement to us viewers. This is further backrd up from the fact that it’s a guide with the sole purpose of relaying information to us, why would Horikoshi lead us off?

This can only work if there’s a fundamental narrative behind his bias or lack of knowledge.
If he’s making a statement similar to “I think I can beat X with Y ability” then he’s clearly unsure of his capabilities and Y’s ability so the statement would indeed be from his interpretation.
But if a character states “Oh wow he’s reached light speed” with no information analysis or any evident understanding of light speed, but the statement has no reason to be false then we assume the author has written this in to relay information, otherwise it’d have 0 narrative importance to be a lie.
In this case, Hawks has not fought this version of Tomura, witnessed his capabilities and should not be capable of analyzing him in the slightest could give full details and a direct comparison for his power makes this more than a viewpoint analysis, it’s a direct statement to us viewers. This is further backrd up from the fact that it’s a guide with the sole purpose of relaying information to us, why would Horikoshi lead us off?
That's why I mentioned my doubt regarding Hawk's report actually being Hawk's writing. I don't think Hawks has enough information to rate that many villains in the story and write a report on it.

First there’s Cassie barely being capable of holding a hypersonic missile, then there’s Mirio being shocked at Deku being faster than sound, then there’s transonic Iida. Just a few more and the downgrade can take place.
I promise u nobody is getting downgraded unless we get an actual statement capping a characters speed

Cassie was able to catch the missile, it was likely the sheer force that the missile was flying with that shook her.

Other 2 are blatant outliers lol. 45% Deku can straight up fly faster than sound, so it wouldn’t make sense for Mirio’s statement. And Iida has already performed crazy feats that can’t be below supersonic FAR prior to this statement

Cassie was able to catch the missile, it was likely the sheer force that the missile was flying with that shook her.
Idk, her supposedly needing a countdown to catch them alongside her posting her hand up in their general direction depicts (in my opinion) her inability to accurately catch something that should be moving like a snail in her eyes.

The force comes from the speed they’re moving at and unless the speed is much higher than stated then a hypersonic missile isn’t applying much force to herself unless she was in that range of
Other 2 are blatant outliers lol.
For now, once we get more statements and feats of this range it’s over with. And trust me, we are.
45% Deku can straight up fly faster than sound,
That’s stated?
so it wouldn’t make sense for Mirio’s statement.
Unless yk, all of their speed feats come from calculations.

I mean he could straight up fly faster than Jirou’s sound wave attacks before they could reach him. You don’t need a calc to know that it’s above supersonic
It Depends on the distance traveled and how close the attack was to him, most relativistic feats involve people dodging light speed attacks.

I mean he could straight up fly faster than Jirou’s sound wave attacks before they could reach him. You don’t need a calc to know that it’s above supersonic
Not stated? Not supersonic, we know now when someone is meant to be supersonic they’ll create a visual sonic boom.
Deku is far away from Jirou, he can dodge this by being farther away. Regardless, not supersonic travel speed.

The force comes from the speed they’re moving at and unless the speed is much higher than stated then a hypersonic missile isn’t applying much force to herself unless she was in that range of
Force comes from speed + weight. For all we know those missiles may have weighed a ton, and when coupled with the speed would have made it harder for her to hold on to. Ofc, there is nothing that disproves nor proves this so it’s a moot point
Not stated? Not supersonic, we know now when someone is meant to be supersonic they’ll create a visual sonic boom.
Deku is far away from Jirou, he can dodge this by being farther away. Regardless, not supersonic travel speed.
What? Reread the scene, Deku was right next to Jirou when she unleashed her sound attack

Yeah some things need to be inferred, you cant count on the author to show a sonic boom every time someone moves faster than sound

Force comes from speed + weight. For all we know those missiles may have weighed a ton, and when coupled with the speed would have made it harder for her to hold on to. Ofc, there is nothing that disproves nor proves this so it’s a moot point
The missiles should be compared to standards missiles. The fact that the wiki has her lifting strength at an degree capable pf lifting mountains yet she struggled to stop the force of a couple missiles is outrageous. If she, and 90% of the verse are as fast as you think, Cassie wouldn’t have needed a count down to catch them and wouldn’t have been sent flying from the impact as they would be statue like figured in her view.
The mass isn’t what made it hard to catch, it was the speed.
What? Reread the scene, Deku was right next to Jirou when she unleashed her sound attack
Deku literally wasn’t close to her.

Yeah some things need to be inferred, you cant count on the author to show a sonic boom every time someone moves faster than sound
But when it comes to clear representations and the fact that supersonic speeds is treated godly by top tiers then it makes you wonder how fast they really are.

Upon rereading the scene I dont think that deku necessarily moved faster than Jiro's sound waves in this panel
We see that not only is he a good distance away from her, but he also might've dodged the attack as it was firing.

x8EhAmI.png
PKMGIet.png

Upon rereading the scene I dont think that deku necessarily moved faster than Jiro's sound waves in this panel
We see that not only is he a good distance away from her, but he also might've dodged the attack as it was firing.

x8EhAmI.png
PKMGIet.png
This, Deku is like 10 meters away from her or sum.

We use the anime when the manga feats are not clear enough.

But I think the intention is obvious, Deku moved a greater distance than Jiro's sound wave in the same panel, which is why she was impressed and called him fast.
I dont think the intent is obvious in the manga at all

Back