• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiverse dimensions and theory

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Usually, we need an explicit statement for the amount of dimensions of a multiverse.

However we rate Homestuck as being Low 1-B based on the assumption that its multiverse follows the String Theory.

My question being: Can we do that? I've never seen any other verses upgraded this way, so I was curious if we could assume a number of dimensions based on the series following a certain theory.

I think it is a bad idea to generally assume it to be the case.

I mean even in a String theoretical setting the multiveral space could only be 5-D.

(also if I understand correctly the reason stringtheory predicts 11 dimensions doesn't even have anything to do with multiverses, so...)

@DT

This is correct, but the String Theory in this case isn't even in reference to a multiverse, but the universe the story takes place in. Which fits right in, because the story in question practically runs on theoretical physics jokes.

Edit: This refers to Problem Sleuth. I have zero knowldefe of LoN and why she's rated as she is.

Yeah but the train of logic is basically "Problem Sleuth has strings in its universes, which means that the MSPA verse has 11-D."

It just seems to rarely happen like that on here, when we usually require an explicit statement about the number of dimensions.

Well, I have no idea about problem seuth, I was really just speaking generally.

To make a second general addition: One should be generally careful with how much a character can destroy from the setting. For example a god in an 11-D setting doesn't necessarily have 11-D power even if he can destroy all in the setting, if the higher dimensions are empty for all one knows (entire reason to arus magic gods aren't tier 1 even though the verse is stated to be 11-D for example).

Back