• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multi-Universal vs Low Multiversal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
This is just a general discussion about which word makes more sense.

Multi = many/multiple

Uni = one/single

Both these words are antonyms of each other and used as prefixes. I personally don't think using two antonyms as prefixes in a single word makes much sense because we already have the word "Multiverse" for multiple universes. The idea behind the word "Multi-Universe" was to differentiate between tiers based on the magnitude of universes, afaik.

Technically, 2-1000 universes should still be termed as "Multiverse" but since we have to separate the tiers, a "Low" before the word would suffice. Imho, "Low Multiverse" makes much more sense as it is the correct word to use and also takes care about the differentiation between the magnitude of universes.

What do you all think?

I am mostly ambivalent regarding the issue, but it would require a wiki revision project to rename all such statistics. It does not seem worth the trouble, and we have more important revisions lined up.

I think this can be something placed on the back burner for a future discussion down the line.

I do not mind if other staff member wish to apply it later on though, but I am not able to help out with any revisions myself.

Yeah, it would definitely require a lot of time and effort from the staff, I know and I completely understand your problems. But I think it can be applied slowly in steps over a period of time rather than all at once.

Well, as usual, I will place this on my to-do-list, but there are several previous issues to be dealt with there.

Okay, no problem.

Thanks. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back