• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, it's not about scale. If she has a human brain it works because it abuses the brain, not a metaphysical mind.

He is stated to affect and abuse brain *****, so I don't see how it wouldn't be type 1. Type 3 maybe since the fuckery is done through people percieving him (or stuff he makes).

He could also just knock her out by singing some Justin Bieber song.

The Causality said:
Hm? not really, if he can't get past to her mind resistance, it will not work, physical brain or not.
That's not how it works at all. Resisting your brain and a metaphysical consciousness being messed with are completely different.

It's like saying that you can resist matter manip that makes your atoms fall apart because you resist absolute zero, or that you resist biology manip giving you cancer because you can resist radiation manip. The effects may be the same, but the method is different.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Didn't this guy brainwashing affect the world on a planetary scale? Including the girl in a spaceship too? The brainwashing also contain madness too
Yeah, it did, but the point is that weather a billion or one person watch the video, all are affected equally. It's the same thing as visual illusions, the amount of people that look at it don't suddenly make it not work.

Metaphical brain and your mind are both linked tho, if it use song for messing with brain, then the resistance cover Thant since Miku's one is the same

I get this but her resistance cover this, Miku physically mess with the vrai with her voice to control people, if Hajime is the same, then it won't work.

That is absolutely subjective to the verse and unrelated to this regardless. Your arm and your body are both linked, but Kamijou Touma can't powernull with all of his body.

Likewise, just because someone's soul can't be erased that easily doesn't mean their body can't be.

The resistance doesn't scale at all. Type 3 madness can't be resisted with normal mindhax resistance exactly because of that. Unless there is in-verse statement about it, it ain't working chief.

Regardless, despair disease GG.

>That is absolutely subjective to the verse and unrelated to this regardless. Your arm and your body are both linked, but Kamijou Touma can't powernull with all of his body.

Likewise, just because someone's soul can't be erased that easily doesn't mean their body can't be.

I don't think it work like that, the argument of Hajime's madness is that affect physically the brain while Miku's Mind hax affect too, the fact that the effect of Hajime is madness and Miku's mind control is not relevant since both affect the brain with the same method, that why i say Muku resist since she resisted to a City scale Mind control which work exactly like Hajime's madness, Madness is Mind manipulation, so it's covered by her resistance

>The resistance doesn't scale at all. Type 3 madness can't be resisted with normal mindhax resistance exactly because of that. Unless there is in-verse statement about it, it ain't working chief.

Hm? the resistance should scale, as i've already explained, both work in the same way, the effect is just different.

It's not about imterpreting. The effect being the same means nothing at all. Resisting magic altering a mind made out of rainbows and butterflies means nothing when faced with something altering the chemicals in your brain.

Again, regardless of Radiation and Biological Manipulation giving you cancer both, one is a loose subatom crashing into your DNA while the other is magic altering you.

Different things, same effects, one matters not to the other.

The only Madness Manipulation that can be resisted by mind manipulation resistance is type 2, as described on this wiki's Madness Manipulation page

BakiHanma18 said:
Type 1 requires bio resistance, and type 3 requires stuff like enhanced senses or extrasensory Perception
Not having a brain, or having a brain that works inherently differently from humans' should also work in this case.

Willpower is needed for Type 3 actually.

Then again I don't recall Mukuro possessing some insanely strong will

Schnee One said:
Those who are capable of perceiving, understanding and/or experiencing that which is naturally extreme or incomprehensible should be able to ignore this.

Sorry, the bolded part confused me

Schnee One said:
That's... not always true at all. You can't stare Pennywise down with willpower.

Regardless, it worked on Nagito who did this to himself for his ideology (hope). Despair is the very opposite of that (duh) and yet here he is.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It's not about imterpreting. The effect being the same means nothing at all. Resisting magic altering a mind made out of rainbows and butterflies means nothing when faced with something altering the chemicals in your brain.
Again, regardless of Radiation and Biological Manipulation giving you cancer both, one is a loose subatom crashing into your DNA while the other is magic altering you.

Different things, same effects, one matters not to the other.
I think you misunderstood my word, i don't only say "it has the same effect so it wont work" but i say that, both work exactly as the other, and it has the same effect, here, both use sound to manipulate the brain, in this case, both are the same things, work on the same things and have different application but those application are covered by mind stuff.

Your exemple of Radiation and DNA take only accont of the "it has the same effect" but in our case, it work exactly the same and has the same effect.

Edit: If it's only type 2 that is resisted by Mind stuff and not type 3, then i guess i'm in disagreement toward the wiki, and i can't do more than drop this point for now.

Ehh. Madness GG i guess.

Except they don't work exactly like the other. The chemicals in your brain and magic energy disturbing a non-physical sentience are not the same at all. The magic energy (Spirit Mana, was it?) is what makes the mind manipulation work.

<Type 3 works against mindhax resistance

<Mukuro won't complete the seal due to luck

Okay, voting Hajime, that kinda debunks most of the votes for Mukuro as well.

Between precog and luck I don't think Hajime can loose at all...

Unless someone resists luck and precog that's what happens most of the time with him: If he can win, he will win.

Schnee One said:
Dammit I wish Cole wasn't getting downgraded, him vs Hajime would've been neat.
Oh well.
I mean, Hajime's getting downgraded too. Doubt that they'll go to the same tier tho.

Schnee One said:
<Type 3 works against mindhax resistance
<Mukuro won't complete the seal due to luck

Okay, voting Hajime, that kinda debunks most of the votes for Mukuro as well.
That's what I'm thinking. Basically, luck is gunna stop the seal, whether it be confusion, bodily harm, something (although that's stepping into NLF, so I'll try to think of an affect backed by showings)

Hajime - 11 (Me, Elixer, PickaPoison, Listentomyrhytm, Random Butler, Baki, Edward, Schnee,Ricsi, Causality, Milly)

Mukuro - 3 (LsirLance,TacticalNuke, Jimboy)

I think that's all or I'm missing someone

Those three kinda don't count anymore.

Then again when did we reach 7?

@Causality You edited...

Yeah, it did, but the point is that weather a billion or one person watch the video, all are affected equally. It's the same thing as visual illusions, the amount of people that look at it don't suddenly make it not work.

Why were we even discussing madness working or not in this case? Because Im pretty sure the potency alone would do that anyway. Regardless of if mind resistance worked or not.

Regardless, even if madness Hax didn't work against mind resistance, him having planetary potency would bypass Mukuro's city level resistance.

So yeah.

Back