• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ms. Marvel Upgrade

I think it would make sense to do so, with how often he fights the X-Men. Also in the scan where Rogue dented his barrier, Colossus didn't do much better, so 5-A from scaling to the likes of Colossus would make sense.

Okay. So, "At most High 6-B" for Rogue and Carol, and 5-A for Magneto then? (We can also place the Moon punch durability feat in a feats list for Rogue.)

Are any other characters scaled from them?

That said, Magneto blocked Colossus before the latter was powered-up.

Gambit's second key is the only other character that scales to Rogue and Classic Carol.

Well, I guess this is a more modern day storyline, but here she's depicted as taking out the Iron Patriot armor with relative ease, and here she takes on an entire army of older models, including the Model 8. Another modern story depicts her and a later model to be comparable

But

In an older story she's actually stated to be slightly weaker than Iron Ma by War Machine (I think that's Rhodey at least), who was in the Model 16 at the time. She then gets overpowered by the War Machine armor. The model 16 also knocked her out by taking her off guard, and it was only after absorbing some energy that she was capable of flying through a repulsor beam from that same model.

So I guess back then she would have been High 6-B at most, unless there's any higher tier feats for the Model 9 onwards.

Should Classic Carol keep the "At least Low 7-B" or just be "At most High 6-B?"

Alright, if this looks good, I can go ahead and edit Carol and everyone that scales to her.

Quick question, should Rogue have a 9-A key for when she doesn't have any powers absorbed?

Carol, Rogue and Gambit have all been updated. Before I get to the ones in the OP that would scale to Modern Carol, I wanted to ask if Giant-Man should still scale and if M.O.D.O.K. should be made plain 4-B instead of 'At least High 6-B, likely 4-B.'

Giant-Man had the same class 50 strength rating at his old 100 feet maximum size.

MODOK has been very unever, and sometimes treated as comparable to Iron Man and other times as a threat to the Hulk.

Oh, so Giant-Man would scale to Classic Carol and not Modern Carol. Got it.

That would still be 4-B, going by his profile, as he is noted as having fought Model Prime Iron Man. And with Carol now being 4-B, that would leave M.O.D.O.K. as only having one High 6-B showing on his profile in stalemating Iron Man, but that is contradicted by him fighting Model Prime Iron Man.

Well, I still seem to recall MODOK being killed by the Serpent Society, fighting Iron Man and Captain America, and once being outmatched against the Hulk even in a giant robot armor. I am uneasy with scaling him so very high.

Alright, I'll just leave his tier the same and move his justification of overpowering Ms. Marvel to his 4-B statistic.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

While I'm unsure about a 4-B rating in general but am fine with it given Marvel's current standing with the character, I find some of the justifications given are a little wonky, namely in scaling to both Wonder man and She-Hulk.

Wonder Man is currently 4-B due to being able to fight Hulk, Thor and Hercules, but his profile admits that he fails to measure up to their full power. There's been instances where he's failed to measure up to even Joe Fixit, at least that's what I can tell at face value, if he was actually weakened at this point please correct me

She Hulk also needs similar treatment to Carol herself. Early on she was also treated as a class 50 character, and after extensive physical exercise she become a class 75 character. It's only recently that she's become comparable to the hulk, such as taking him on after he had already one shot Thor.

Iron Man's scaling is fine enough I guess.

Perhaps we should try and calc how much power one would to melt a hole in a Star to get a more accurate rating for her.

I gave her the new pic cause she has short hair more than she has long hair, but you can change it back if you want.

I changed back to the old, better, images and quote.

I agree about that She-Hulk should get an extra "At most High 6-B" statistics key for her original Class 50 statistics.

What do you think that we should do about Wonder Man?

Also, there are other Marvel characters in tier 7 and above class 50 that we likely need to rescale as well.

To be honest tho, I did also think LordTracer's Ms Marvel pic was much better than the one currently being used as well. Her classic Ms Marvel pic was also a nice addition.

I've updated Mister Sinisters profile

I think Wonder Man is fine at 4-B, as he does have quite a few showings on that level such as fighting Hercules, Ultron, Thor, Abomination, Hulk, Hyperion, Count Nefaria, etc.

In relation to Wonder Man, I would suggest a 5-A rating instead. Every case I've seen of him fighting a 4-B character he has failed to fully measure up to their full strength, much in the same way guys like Thing or Colossus does.

She Hulk should be given three keys, Pre Traning | Mid Training | Post Training

With each key being High 6-B, 5-A, 4-B respectively.

Or something like that at least

I like the current Ms. Marvel image. It is extremely well drawn, and showcases that she was almost consistently displayed as gorgeous for a long time.

Yeah you do have a point there. I'm just thinking that the other Ms Marvel pick fits with more with the vast majority of picks currently used here for marvel characters

Well, I prefer to contrast the development of her portrayals, and also like the art quality a lot.

I am fine with classifying She-Hulk with the following keys:

Originally | After training | Modern portrayal

Basically, she was Class 50 originally. After John Byrne featured her in Fantastic Four, and let her train regularly, she was Class 75 or Class 90 when calm, but later could get stronger when angry. After Dan Slott wrote her own series, she was Class 100. And after Jason Aaron using her in Avengers with a complete personality transplantation, she is further into class 100.

We're still missing 10 more Iron Man armor sets in the gallery for the comics verison.

About Rogue. Recently she absorbed Carol and her powers again for some pages in CM series. Should she have another key?

No, only for her longstanding permanent power-ups.

Back