• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moving the moon

How much energy would be needed to cause a solar eclipse by moving the moon ? Of course you probably need more information :D I am searching for the feat.

There is also another series which has a similar feat, but at the moment I cant find the feat.

The scene cuts off to quick to really calculate.

If you find a better clip, I can calc it.

Its a feat from legend of the seeker, episode 1x19 and was done by two persons.

The sky starts to get dark at 36:23 and at 37:44 we have full light again. They moved the moon, to create a spontanous solar eclipse.

So they needed a minute?

3474000 m is the Moon's diameter and 60 s the timeframe. Mass is 7,342 × 1022 kg

KE=7,342*10^22*0,5*((3474000/60)^2)=1,2303154595e+32 J which is Small Planet level+

Ok thanks. But I think I might give them the lowest end first and wait for a calc I can link, if Darkanine makes one.

Back