• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moving the composite profiles to Joke Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

We had a previous discussion about moving our composite and combined profiles to the Joke Battles wiki, and decided to do so.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1563045

I wonder if any staff members would be interested in handling this project, and delete the profiles in question afterwards.

Here is a list:

• Composite Human
  • Composite Ant
  • Composite Bat
  • Composite Cat
  • Composite Canid
  • Composite Fish
  • Composite Lizard
  • Composite Primate
  • Composite Plant
  • Composite Shark
  • Composite Snake
  • Composite Spider
  • Composite Tree
  • Composite Virus
  • Combined Human.

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

We agreed with Composite Virus staying, I think.

Anyway, I can help, although I can't delete profiles.

We can probably use the Import/Export system to speed up the process, but it doesn't work for images. Theirs not to much profiles so the images part should be a quick moving job anyway.

Okay. Let's move everything except Composite Human then.

Not staff, but I'm the one, who's already ported Composite Human, Composite Fish and Composite Snake (Although a bit stupidly, adding the suffix (Community made). Don't ask me, why). Don't worry, I'll try to finish the task today; I'll port these 12 remaining profiles.

When the task will be completed, I'll wreck the Composite Profiles (mostly because of Antvasima's reasonsm keeping Composite Human) and Combined Profiles section.

Okay. Just remember to upload the profile images to Joke Battles as well, and to include them in the profiles.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Just remember to upload the profile images to Joke Battles as well, and to include them in the profiles.
It's impossible for me to forget that thing: the pictures ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Will Composite Profiles for fictional characters or species still be accepted on this Wiki? If so, where can the guidelines be viewed, assuming we have a page for such things?

@Matthew

Okay, but somebody needs to write footnotes in their profiles about that they are supposed to be the sole exceptions.

Antvasima said:
Okay, but somebody needs to write footnotes in their profiles about that they are supposed to be the sole exceptions.
CH's footnote would look like
Note: Although the Real World composite species are banned in the wiki, we made an exception for Composite Human due to how popular the idea is.

How CV's footnote would look? Is there any solid reasons for it?

Well, I personally do not think that we should keep Composite Virus.

Antvasima said:
Well, I personally do not think that we should keep Composite Virus.
Completely agreed (unless CCFB will beat me for that)!

By the way, I've ported Composite Tree and Spider. Let the memes begin!

I do not think that we should keep it either.

Anyway, somebody also has to remove any links to versus threads involving the composite characters from other profiles.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, somebody also has to remove any links to versus threads involving the composite characters from other profiles.
Does it include Composite Human versus threads? Actually I can do it even if I'm doing my homework, but links... only from unprotected profiles.

The composite human threads can obviously remain, as we are keeping the profile.

The Smashor said:
Also RIP composite tree. But honestly, Joke battles wiki? That's just cruel. If you're getting rid of them, let them die with dignity. Yes, I'm talking about the diginity of pages on a wiki, but what I'm trying to say is that the Composite profiles have no place in Joke Battles wiki. They'd just be collecting dust.
Promestein doesn't want to see composite profiles in FC/OC VS Battles Wiki, so the only option is Jokes Battles Wiki. Don't worry, serious versus battles are surely a thing!

Joke Battles is not only for Joke Profiles. It is also for memes, Youtube personalities, and basically anything that does not fit into either VSB or FCOC.

Megamangohan said:
As an admin of JBW, should I consider locking the pages?
Since I'm porting these profiles, I'm... Let's say, adapting them to my style, adding the suffix (Community made), meaning that everyone can change the context of these adapted profiles. In case of if they will be vandalized, spammed, wanked (without solid reasons), etc. I could just undo these changes and think that nothing has happened.

Oh, I forgot about one important thing: links to the versus battles in ported pages. Although I've wrecked links to them in my ported pages, but I thought: maybe we could keep them exclusively on ported pages for historical reasons?

RRTheEndMan said:
Technically, they won those battles.
Ok. Will return these links. They are on my backup as well. I was lying when I said that composites will be ported today. They'll be ported on April 12, actually... I have not enough time.

We can keep the composite human/combined for interest in the subject IMO, the rest of the profiles are likely going to be vandalized on JBW due to the nature of the profiles, but oh well :^)

Unite My Rice said:
We can keep the composite human/combined for interest in the subject IMO, the rest of the profiles are likely going to be vandalized on JBW due to the nature of the profiles, but oh well :^)
Yeah. it may be best to lock the pages once they are done with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back