• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Useless Characters for Each Tier

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So... Why not? Why not make a thread to see how many characters on this wiki here are ******* USELESS? By that, I mean characters that are known for being as useless as all hell: Magikarp, the Toiletnator, Aqua from Konosuba, all that. I have a few in mind that already fit the category, but let's see how this goes...

Tier 0: Azathoth (Sure this guy would render everything in existence, even googology cardinals, nonexistent upon waking up, but that's the thing... All he does is sleep! I don't think he's doing anything anytime soon.)

Tier High 1-A:
Tier 1-A:
Tier Low 1-A:
Tier High 1-B:
Tier 1-B:
Tier High 1-C:
Tier 1-C:
Tier Low 1-C:

Tier 2-A:
Tier 2-B:
Tier 2-C:
Gordo (Kirby) (It just moves around in a set pattern and will float off into space if you so much as break the box above it.)
Tier Low 2-C: The Turtles of Time (There's literally an infinite number of these things and all they do is sit around in one huge stack and do nothing!)

Tier High 3-A: The Childlike Empress (Refuses to do anything unless it directly affects her and the verse's existence is threatened because she's about to kick the bucket)
Tier 3-A:
Tier 3-B:
Tier 3-C:
Gordo (Kirby) (It just moves around in a set pattern and will float off into space if you so much as break the box above it.)

Tier 4-A:
Tier 4-B:
Tier High 4-C:
Tier 4-C:
Tier Low 4-C:

Tier High 5-A:
Tier 5-A:
Tier 5-B:
Tier Low 5-B:
Tier 5-C:

Tier High 6-A:
Jirachi (Battle-wise, it'd be as decent of a Pokemon as Metagross, but lore-wise? Only waking up every 1000 years unless some chosen one appears before it isn't gonna look good on your track record.)
Tier 6-A: Gordo (Kirby) (It just moves around in a set pattern and will float off into space if you so much as break the box above it.)
Tier High 6-B:
Tier 6-B:
Tier Low 6-B:
Tier High 6-C:
Tier 6-C:

Tier High 7-A:
Tier 7-A:
Tier 7-B:
Tier Low 7-B:
Tier High 7-C:
Tier 7-C:
Tier Low 7-C:

Tier 8-A:
Tier 8-B:
Tier High 8-C:
Tier 8-C:

Tier 9-A:
Magikarp (Reputably known for being useless and it's essentially a dying fish. It only knows Splash innately and needs to be EXP-Shared big time just to learn Tackle)
Tier 9-B: Aqua (Konosuba) (Yeah, y'all were expecting this idiot to be on this list.)
Tier 9-C:

Tier 10-A:
Tier 10-B:
Tier 10-C:

Tier 11-A:
Tier 11-B:
Tier 11-C:
Monarch of Pointland (Yeah, this idiot literally does nothing but boast about how "great" he is, so he gets this spot for sure.)

Unknown:
Varies:

So yeah, let's see how useless these guys can get!

Last edited:
so the weakest of each tier?
Not necessarily. Azathoth for instance is one of the candidates for strongest Tier 0 character and all that guy does is sleep. That and good luck getting Aqua to do any favors for you.

Gordo for 6-A, 3-C and 2-C
They are entities who barely move around freely and usually move according to a pattern. They can jump around (i think?) But also in a pattern. They can't chose where they go, they just exist and either move the same way over and over again or are used as projectiles. The only reason why some of them are competent is the fact that they usually appear in small spaces, making them hard to avoid. In an open area, though, they are very useless.

Magikarp for 9-A. It's very much canonically useless and only knows splash and very much later learns some basic attack moves but still, it can barely do damage. It's best personal AP feat is smashing apart a rock in PLA, something that even the tiniest baby pokemon who just hatched can do.

Gordo for 6-A, 3-C and 2-C
They are entities who barely move around freely and usually move according to a pattern. They can jump around (i think?) But also in a pattern. They can't chose where they go, they just exist and either move the same way over and over again or are used as projectiles. The only reason why some of them are competent is the fact that they usually appear in small spaces, making them hard to avoid. In an open area, though, they are very useless.

Magikarp for 9-A. It's very much canonically useless and only knows splash and very much later learns some basic attack moves but still, it can barely do damage. It's best personal AP feat is smashing apart a rock in PLA, something that even the tiniest baby pokemon who just hatched can do.
Added.

Gonna say the Childlike Empress for High 3-A. Absolute ruler of an infinite realm, but never makes any use of her power. So incredibly neutral that she will tolerate any evil, unless it threatens the existence of her realm as a whole. The most common cause of something threatening all of existence is her dying at that.
In practice, she is 99.9999% of the time a Hikikomori in a palace.

Gonna say the Childlike Empress for High 3-A. Absolute ruler of an infinite realm, but never makes any use of her power. So incredibly neutral that she will tolerate any evil, unless it threatens the existence of her realm as a whole. The most common cause of something threatening all of existence is her dying at that.
In practice, she is 99.9999% of the time a Hikikomori in a palace.
Seems about right. This is a clear case of someone not wanting to do anything here.

Really, if I may confess, I've considered The Authority for 10-C for being nigh-incapable of doing anything, but at the same time, I had personally wondered if someone who REFUSES to do anything would qualify more for the title of "Most Useless 10-C" than The Authority.

Sans for 9-A.

Here are my points:

- He is physically only 10-B, making him considerably weaker than other 9-A characters. He hit's 9-A through Telekinesis.

- Even his own game consider's him the weakest monster in the game- Monster Kid, a child who seemingly has no chance of defending itself against anyone with a degree of strength, has a 2 in ATK and DEF. Sans has 1 in both. At the minimum, he physically has to be considered the weakest being on his own in his entire verse- Except maybe the Snowman.

- Sans tires himself out much easier than many character's that are in 9-A, starting to show signs of exhaustion around only 10-15 Attacks into his battle.

- Sans is also very lazy- He doesn't want to apply effort unless he really HAS to.

- In addition, unless Bloodlusted, Sans is highly likely to avoid battle period. Even if you kill Papyrus, unless he realizes the Player's going to erase the entire timeline, he refuses to battle the player. This can be partially attributed to his promise to Toriel, but it is undeniable that Sans is not a very battle hungry being, and it's likely that after leaving the Underground he's much less likely to want to fight anyone period.

- Sans relies heavily on gimmicks in his battle. If you can resist or negate his status effects, such as KARMA or the Blue Heart Mode, It's unlikely he'll hurt you all that much, assuming he does want to battle.

- If someone could remove his Gaster Blaster's from Play, Sans would lose a significant amount of his effectiveness as well.

- Sans is even prone to sleeping in battle- He fall's asleep against his foe, allowing them to catch him off guard. Even though he dodged the first attack, the player inflicts a second one that he couldn't react to quick enough. This could prove fatal against someone who knows how to attack more than once.

Ok yeah this is, half a joke, but Sans still is a extremely weak character. It's just, his intelligence and preparation quite literally allow him to abuse things no one else in verse does, which is what let's him be both the Weakest Foe and yet the Hardest in his game. I, guess this is more to show that even if you are literally fodder physically, you can nab a few wins through other means- I mean, just look at how many wins his profile has.

Sans for 9-A.

Here are my points:

- He is physically only 10-B, making him considerably weaker than other 9-A characters. He hit's 9-A through Telekinesis.

- Even his own game consider's him the weakest monster in the game- Monster Kid, a child who seemingly has no chance of defending itself against anyone with a degree of strength, has a 2 in ATK and DEF. Sans has 1 in both. At the minimum, he physically has to be considered the weakest being on his own in his entire verse- Except maybe the Snowman.

- Sans tires himself out much easier than many character's that are in 9-A, starting to show signs of exhaustion around only 10-15 Attacks into his battle.

- Sans is also very lazy- He doesn't want to apply effort unless he really HAS to.

- In addition, unless Bloodlusted, Sans is highly likely to avoid battle period. Even if you kill Papyrus, unless he realizes the Player's going to erase the entire timeline, he refuses to battle the player. This can be partially attributed to his promise to Toriel, but it is undeniable that Sans is not a very battle hungry being, and it's likely that after leaving the Underground he's much less likely to want to fight anyone period.

- Sans relies heavily on gimmicks in his battle. If you can resist or negate his status effects, such as KARMA or the Blue Heart Mode, It's unlikely he'll hurt you all that much, assuming he does want to battle.

- If someone could remove his Gaster Blaster's from Play, Sans would lose a significant amount of his effectiveness as well.

- Sans is even prone to sleeping in battle- He fall's asleep against his foe, allowing them to catch him off guard. Even though he dodged the first attack, the player inflicts a second one that he couldn't react to quick enough. This could prove fatal against someone who knows how to attack more than once.

Ok yeah this is, half a joke, but Sans still is a extremely weak character. It's just, his intelligence and preparation quite literally allow him to abuse things no one else in verse does, which is what let's him be both the Weakest Foe and yet the Hardest in his game. I, guess this is more to show that even if you are literally fodder physically, you can nab a few wins through other means- I mean, just look at how many wins his profile has.
I dunno. Sans both with and without your descriptions to me is more like a "Last Resort" character than anything else. Considering the game has dialogue for Sans legit depends on your murder level and (at Level 1) whether you've killed a monster or not, not to mention there's dialogue for specifically killing everyone BUT Papyrus, it's likely that Sans actively tracked the player's actions and judged them according to what he had witnessed. Sans even made it to the grand hall of Asgore's castle before the player. And when you battle Sans, he legit started with his (in his words) strongest attack. Though being fair, his opening attack would actually be the 2nd strongest since his final attack involves unavoidable telekinetic slamming. Oh, and he legit decided to do nothing, with him saying that doing so would make the player unable to do anything to him. Yes, Sans actively SOFTLOCKED the player. Before the last attack the player made, the player was struggling to get out of being softlocked!

Magikarp, on the other hand, is often portrayed in 3D Pokemon games to be a dying fish, and there are dex entries saying that Magikarp has a tough time enduring the struggle to survive. Whereas Sans would know where and how to attack with his moves and would even juke foes before the foe can juke him with false promises of friendship, Magikarp falls under the "wild animal that doesn't know what its doing" category of Pokemon and only knows how to slam into foes, struggle like heck, or suffocate more. Magikarp Jump is literally a game about how hard Magikarp can suffocate! Literally the only way you can make Magikarp be useful instead of constantly suffocate is evolve it. Also, Magikarp is literally the only fish Pokemon thar suffocates when on land.

If I have to pick which one is more useless, it would have to be the fish that's actively suffocating.

I uh... Didn't realize Magicarp was also in that tier... lol.

Either way, I'll be blunt and say that Sans was mainly just me joking about how he's the weakest monster in the game, and calling him useless for it. In actuality he's prolly the most useful/helpful character of all in verse sans (get it?) the player themself.

Gonna ignore her basically playing support for Naruto and Sasuke throughout the War Arc, and helping Obito to basically cross dimensions, and generally just helping out more than a lot of other ninja like Kiba or Shino, or...?

Yes, it's a very powerful Pokemon.
Yes, it grants wishes.

RubyA legend states that JIRACHI will make true any wish that is written on notes attached to its head when it awakens. If this POKéMON senses danger, it will fight without awakening.
SapphireJIRACHI will awaken from its sleep of a thousand years if you sing to it in a voice of purity. It is said to make true any wish that people desire.
FireRed
LeafGreen
It is said to make any wish come true. It is awake for only seven days out of a thousand years.

But good luck actually getting it to be awake, though. You either need the singing voice of what is practically a chosen one, or be lucky enough to be around Jirachi during the 7 day period of a whole milennium that it's awake.
Until it wakes up, no wishes granted.
Not to mention finding it & actually physically writing the wish on the tag.
& if the Jirachi movie to be believed, it's encased in rock/crystal when asleep. Good luck writing on the tags when they're covered in rocks.
Speaking of, if the wish granting only happens when it awakens (Once every 1,000 years barring special singing.), but you can only write your wish when it's awake....
....Wouldn't that mean you need to wait for it to awaken so you can write your wish, wait for it to go back to sleep, then wait for it to wake up again to get your wish granted?

I mean, at least Magikarp will be able to battle for you & evolve, & it probably won't need the better part of 1,000 years to get around to doing so.

Yes, it's a very powerful Pokemon.
Yes, it grants wishes.

RubyA legend states that JIRACHI will make true any wish that is written on notes attached to its head when it awakens. If this POKéMON senses danger, it will fight without awakening.
SapphireJIRACHI will awaken from its sleep of a thousand years if you sing to it in a voice of purity. It is said to make true any wish that people desire.
FireRed
LeafGreen
It is said to make any wish come true. It is awake for only seven days out of a thousand years.

But good luck actually getting it to be awake, though. You either need the singing voice of what is practically a chosen one, or be lucky enough to be around Jirachi during the 7 day period of a whole milennium that it's awake.
Until it wakes up, no wishes granted.
Not to mention finding it & actually physically writing the wish on the tag.
& if the Jirachi movie to be believed, it's encased in rock/crystal when asleep. Good luck writing on the tags when they're covered in rocks.
Speaking of, if the wish granting only happens when it awakens (Once every 1,000 years barring special singing.), but you can only write your wish when it's awake....
....Wouldn't that mean you need to wait for it to awaken so you can write your wish, wait for it to go back to sleep, then wait for it to wake up again to get your wish granted?

I mean, at least Magikarp will be able to battle for you & evolve, & it probably won't need the better part of 1,000 years to get around to doing so.
Okay..! Added.

James (Okage: Shadow King) for 7-C. Throughout the game, he provides virtually no assistance to the main party despite being the butler of Evil King Stan who is possessing the shadow of the main character. Stan continuesly calls James but he's off doing other things, even leaving a letter at one point, despite having the power to one shot the main cast members he just screws around and levels, and at one point even knocks out the main protagonist (who was behind him) when trying to hit three people in front of him... he's unhelpful.

I hate to include her but Erin Peyton for Unknown and 8-B. Despite being one of my favorite characters and actually doing something when on the evil side, she became useless the moment she joined the good side. She states she won't leave until she helps the Guardians stop Tecla but when she tries to lead them to said persons hideout, their gone, and the rest of the Arc is her just being there and her magic was useless against the Ragorlang and eventually she leaves without seeing her promise to the end. She effectively does nothing note worthy once she joins the good guys and is 100% useless in the end, which sucks because she had depth and did stuff when she was on the evil side.

Cow for unknow tier

they never atack and their only defense mechanism is running in circles for some seconds after beingh hitted, the best thing they do is die for you

Fil Necati for High 8-C and maybe 5-B. He sleeps and eats all day he works as a janitor but barely does his job and plays videogames all the time

Back