• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Insane and Convoluted Schemes

The most non-sensical, insane, stupid, and unnecessarily complicated plots in history.

I can name a few, but off the top of my head, Mephiles from Sonic 06 comes to my mind. And let me explain why:

Mephiles plan was to trick Sonic into saving Princess Elise, who has Iblis trapped inside her, so that they would be able to SOMEHOW form a creepy zoophiliac romantic bond, so that when he was killed, she would cry, releasing Iblis.

Then he goes to the future and tricks Silver into thinking Sonic is the catylist the brings about the apocolypse, so that he could go back in time and kill him in front of the Princess, causing her to cry at his death.

Then, when this part of the plan backfired, he decided to just go kill him himself.

And then that's it.

Oh, and also, this plot backfired, since the Princess was the only who could revive him, which he did, and then the other backfired part of the plan, Silver, and the one who had no part in the plan but was still involved for some reason, Shadow, beat the shit out of him and erased him from existence.

Why this plan sucks:

1. It was actually established earlier when Elise tried to jump to her death, that if she dies, Iblis gets released anyway.

Why didn't he just kill her?

2. When Mephiles goes to the future to recruit Silver, he comes to him right after he defeated Iblis. In a future where it was RELEASED.

Why didn't he fuse with him in the future when he was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM?

3. Shadow had literally no part in his plan, yet he involved him anyway.

4. This plan relies entirely on chance. And is based around circumstances and events that he had no control over.

5: It backfired.

A buch of radom uncontrollable events occur, such as paper falling into a fire from 20 meters away, and this guy planned for it

Also many asks why Mephiles did not returned to the past to merge with the already freed Iblis instead on waiting to kill Sonic, another verse i think is Kingdom Hearts [Thanks to Justapankake].

Back