• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat's speed inconsistency.

Stefano4444

He/Him
I'm not sure if i'm the only one and i don't want to sound like i'm complaining, but i had noticed that many profiles of MK characters are inconsistent in term of speed.

I mean, there are Johnny Cage, Tremor and Sektor that are listed as Subsonic with Supersonic reactions and combat speed.

But then there are Kung Lao, Liu Kang and Sonya Blade are listed as Superhuman with Supersonic reflexes/reactions.

There are even a few that are listed to be only Superhuman in general.

Not sure about the reason why Raiden is now Massively Hypersonic in speed, but since he is above most MK characters, that scaling is much limited to only a fewer profiles (aka everyone who is Town level by scaling Raiden and co.), while the case above is relative to most MK profiles.

I think that someone should make a check and set things right.

I haven't finished revising all the characters, that's why it seems inconsistent.

Dark649 said:
I haven't finished revising all the characters, that's why it seems inconsistent.
Ok.

By the way, what was the reason why Raiden had upgraded at Massively Hypersonic speed?

Also (not sure if it's possible or only staff members can do) but do you need help to revising the other characters?

Because he is the God of Thunder, which attacks, turns himself and travels with thunderbolts, which are MHS from cloud to ground.

Dark649 said:
Because he is the God of Thunder, which attacks, turns himself and travels with thunderbolts, which are MHS from cloud to ground.
But it was be previously decided that Raiden can only attack that fast with his thunderbolts and travel that fast when he turn into his own element (for travel across the planet).

Why now it was be decide that Raiden is also capable to move, fight and react at those speeds in his standard physical form?

Back