• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Stat Inconsistencies

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
Haven't played Deception (the PSP version) in quite a while so i'll take your (Dark649) word for it.
You can watch the fight here at 1:58 onward.

We should probably only use the canon feats.

Well since he was upgraded for purpose of killing Onaga, I was saying he should be somewhat comparable.

Well, in lack of better options, I suppose that you can upgrade the MK characters to 9-A by linking to the diamond-splitting blog. I would have much preferred more input though.

Well considering Mortal Kombat isn't a shonen, or a game franchise with the popularity levels of Mario, Sonic, Final Fantasy....etc....you'd be hard pressed for input no? This might take time.

So, considering that the "Test your might" can be done by everyone

That means that ALL the characters scale to that 9-A feat? (Because... there are even some 9-C profiles....) Also, why several characters have 9-B dura and 9-A ap? I don't really see a reason for MK characters to be Glass-canon

Well, all of the ones that do not scale from higher feats in base. You also need to link to the calculation blog.

Hmm for reasonable purposes, anyone who appeared in MK1, MK9, or MKX (assuming the MK9 and MKX TYM feats and MK9's Test Your Strike get calced) should get the TYM feats and Small Building AP. Not sure about characters that never appeared in these select games.

Well, we can probably assume that they can all be scaled from the other characters that are all able to perform this feat.

I will admit i do have my reservations about that much mass scaling (especially regarding joke characters like Mokap) but it needs to be done in lieu of better options, i don't oppose.

This'd probably scale to most characters, right? Not the joke characters or blatant fodder, but.

Yes. Most should scale to this, although some of them may scale to higher feats, such as Raiden's suicide attack (against Onaga?)

Antvasima said:
Yes. Most should scale to this, although some of them may scale to higher feats, such as Raiden's suicide attack (against Onaga?)
That latter part, i'd like to discuss further.

I do not consider myself an expert of MK, but I played quite a lot of it, and finished most games, and I can say this: Most characters are on a similiar level.

Scorpion should be actually considered on a higher tier than most, considering on how strong he got on MK9. Beating bloodlusted Raiden on base form, beating Johnny & Cassie Cage and Sonya Blade on a sequence, proceeding in killing Quan Chi and only THEN losing to Shinnok? I think that may justify Building to Large Building stats for him, for being able to beat bloodlusted Raiden and kick the ass of multiple guys of the regular cast before being defeated by Shinnok. Heck, he should be well above Tremor, that is for granted. And as the Elder God's Champion, he should be Multi-City Block, somewhat comparable to Shujinko and Onaga, since he gained the power to defeat them.

But that's just my two cents.

I might need to re-watch the storyline starting from when Shujinko became old, and if i'm being generous, any story centric character that fought with aged Shujinko MAY be able to scale.

On a second thought, I have to disagree with the TYM calc

Because it's assumps that all the volume was destroye, when only a part was crushed

Ok from what i've seen, (not counting training battles or optional encounters) Old Shujinko battled the following. Hotaru, Tanya, Scorpion, & Onaga.

@AidenBrooks999 Hmm. That is a problem. Can you recalculate the diamond-crushing feat?

AidenBrooks999 said:
On a second thought, I have to disagree with the TYM calc

Because it's assumps that all the volume was destroye, when only a part was crushed
That's why i suggested the 9, X, and possibly the Test Your Strike from 9 be viewed and calced since the objects seem to be more destroyed.

Well, if Aiden would be willing to calculate the createst TYM feats from later games, that would be appreciated as well.

Back