• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat lifting strength upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The force needed to perform Sub Zero's head rip fatality was calculated as class K. But that calculation was based on a normal human being. The characters in Mortal Kombat are much more durable and stronger than normal people so I think their lifting strength needs to go up to class M at least, because Sub Zero does the fatality with ease and without even struggling. Their muscles and bones are obviously far denser than a normal human being so it only makes sense he gets an upgrade. Even low balling their muslces are minimum 1000 times stronger than ours and so are their bones. Also he could easily rip off Torr's head, who has denser and stronger muscles than many of the kombatants. And Shao Kahn and Shinnok who are both far stronger than the others should be one level above the rest of them. That said, the force that was calculated was around 100000 kg of force, multiply that by 1000 and you'll get 100000000 kg which is class M. Again this is extremely lowballing their muscle and bone strengths.

What's calc stacking? In any case, there needs to be an increase. He's effortlessly ripping spines of City block level guys who happen to have similar lifting strength, meaning tough as shit muscles. That's definitely worth adding a few zeros to the class k calculation we got from doing this fatality on a regular human. I'd say minimum class m if not more.

I don't think that we can properly gauge this without guesswork.

But logically speaking, someone who is city block level is far tougher than a human level. That said, the calculation was done based on a regular human. Someone tougher would have tougher tendons and bones, so of course it would be harder to rip off their spine. Personally I think he needs an upgrade. He's performing this feat on characters equal to him (and some cases stronger like Goro or Torr). Definitely needs the upgrade.

Seems like calc stacking but the characters are already At least Class K (since this feat is utterly casual for them).

The calculation was made for a normal human. Those mortal kombat fighters have stronger limbs and tendons than the average human. And even then subzero does it casually. I mean check the difference of the durability and lifting strength between a normal human and scorpion for exmple. One is far easier to rip off than the other. And At least Class K is a huge lowball considering he does it to the kombatants casually. Beings like Goro getting their heads ripped off quickly.

Tbh there might be a better lifting strength feat in MK: Mythologies since there are numerous feats where you have to move large stone structures, I may have to look for those.

Don't know if mk mythologies fits with the canon timeline. But sub zero performs this feat in various games. Starting from the first game till MKX. And many more in between games.

MK: Mythologies is canon, Raiden referenced it twice in MK9 during Cyrax's chapter where refers to the Elder Sub-Zero fighting against Shinnok and Quan Chi

Again, we cannot scale from this without guessing the density of other characters, which would lead to Calc Stacking.

Antvasima said:
Again, we cannot scale from this without guessing the density of other characters, which would lead to Calc Stacking.
True. Which is why I think there might be some better feats in the other games involving throwing rocks and stuff.

Antvasima said:
Can't you find the density by using their durability? Say for example if we consider sub zero fighting with an actual city block. Or at least a human with the density of a city block.

Digupthehatchet said:
Antvasima said:
Can't you find the density by using their durability? Say for example if we consider sub zero fighting with an actual city block. Or at least a human with the density of a city block.
Not how it works m8

So you're telling me they can withstand attacks that can demolish city blocks but their spines are as weak as a regular human? Doesn't make sense.

Yeah I know that. But think about it like this. Try ripping one sheet of paper and then one thick dictionary. Both are made of paper but one is tougher to rip. Same could be applied here. Both are spines but one is way tougher than the other.

Or imagine snapping a stick made of glass and another one made of bullet proof glass. Make sense to apply it for sub zero too.

We have our standards to not get exaggerated results, and cannot make exceptions. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back