• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Ermac looks dope as hell

Also I did some digging and I think we’ve got a lot of new additions for the Onslaught profiles if we ever want to make them.

Last edited:
New Shao Kahn ugly asf, while Goro looks like some black guy from gym in his 50x (Even tho he didn't appeared in the story yet)

Last edited:
Ermac looks dope as hell

Also I did some digging and I think we’ve got a lot of new additions for the Onslaught profiles if we ever want to make them.
I'm still waiting on onslaught to have real feats, but it's got lots of lore and we could probably give them ratings based on fighter abilities now that they have lore

Also glad to see the villains kick ass more often while making it look like they earned it

It's been months and no progress has been made on MK1 profiles

Should we just cut our losses and make 'em 9-A, scaling from Sub-Zero freezing people? It'd be great to get Sindel/Scorpion/Raiden's feats calced but that doesn't seem to be happening lol

Same goes for the guest characters. Is there anything stopping us from doing them? They'd scale to the Tier 2 (Low 2-C, possibly 2-C?) stuff, which doesn't need a calc or CRT

EDIT: Found this

It's been months and no progress has been made on MK1 profiles

Should we just cut our losses and make 'em 9-A, scaling from Sub-Zero freezing people? It'd be great to get Sindel/Scorpion/Raiden's feats calced but that doesn't seem to be happening lol

Same goes for the guest characters. Is there anything stopping us from doing them? They'd scale to the Tier 2 (Low 2-C, possibly 2-C?) stuff, which doesn't need a calc or CRT

EDIT: Found this
There's still Ermac and Kenshi's feat of tossing boulders

The guy who made the calc hasn't responded to my comment

Also, we still have the Midway and mk9-11 profiles to work with, thing is i'm the only one working on the former but i don't feel like doing it now cause of the sheer scale of it. If anyone wants to help you can copy from my drafts in my sandbox

Okay cool. I was just wondering why on Raiden's profile he is only at Large building. It was stated that he and Shao Kahn shook the earths core so shouldn't that put him and those who scale to it higher? (Original Timeline Raiden not new Era)
You already answered on own question: It is was made only by Midway Era Raiden

I know but how does that invalidate the feat?
Because here no 100% confirmations that New Timeline Raiden as powerful as his Midway counterpart, especially when here no other feats which puts him on similar tier

Same reason why don't scales Asura's Wrath Akuma to his SF version

No. Armageddon Raiden is Midway.

MK9 Raiden is second timeline.

There are massive scaling changes between the two.
They are the same Raiden. Different company doesn't change that. Armageddon Raiden is still the same person from the arcade and 3D eras. But if you wanna argue anti-feats then that's understandable.

They are the same Raiden. Different company doesn't change that. Armageddon Raiden is still the same person from the arcade and 3D eras. But if you wanna argue anti-feats then that's understandable.
Midway Era ends at Armageddon. The timeline differing literally overhauled all pre-established scaling we have for these characters, among other changes such as Jax not slipping full-arm metal fisting gloves on and instead getting cybernetic arms

Isn't armageddon and his canonicty was retconned?

Either way it is probably would be considered as outlier, giving that Raiden never displayed such power throught MK 9/10/11 (Unless you takes into account questionable Cetrion's feat, which is iffy at best)

Midway Era ends at Armageddon. The timeline differing literally overhauled all pre-established scaling we have for these characters, among other changes such as Jax not slipping full-arm metal fisting gloves on and instead getting cybernetic arms
That's fine. But the Dark Raiden at the beginning of MK9 is the same Raiden from the arcade and 3D era and MK9 is also that same Raiden. But yeah the scaling did change a lot so that makes sense.

Isn't armageddon and his canonicty was retconned?

Either way it is probably would be considered as outlier, giving that Raiden never displayed such power throught MK 9/10/11 (Unless you takes into account questionable Cetrion's feat, which is iffy at best)
Cetrion's feat is honestly where I'm kind of split. It's an ability the devs gave to this specific character and everything Cetrion shows in her moveset is shown throughout the story so the grew bigger than the planet ability should be canonical anyway but at the same time, it only shows up in a Fatality and never in the story. It's the constant debate between in-game abilities and story.

Cetrion's feat is honestly where I'm kind of split. It's an ability the devs gave to this specific character and everything Cetrion shows in her moveset is shown throughout the story so the grew bigger than the planet ability should be canonical anyway but at the same time, it only shows up in a Fatality and never in the story. It's the constant debate between in-game abilities and story.
In MKX D’Vorah does her fatality on Baraka. Like they make you do the input and everything so I always figured fatalities were canon based on that. Unless we say that fatality in particular is the ONLY canon fatality.

Back