• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Morpheus vs James Bond (1-1-0)

In a close-range fight, Morpheus should win. However, at range, 007 has the advantage I feel. It's a question of whether Morpheus can manage to get up close, which I believe is in character.

How does it work, exactly? It's called Limited Invisibility in his page. Also, does he get vehicles?

No vehicles

It's true invisibility for his nanosuit except he can't run in it. It's limited invisibility for his Vanquish because while it basically is invisbility, it's done through mirrors and cameras to give off that effect.

Is the muzzle fire of his guns made invisible as well? Otherwise, I can see Morpheus just keeping track of that and the sound of his guns. Either way, James has a huge arsenal, and if I understand correctly rhe nanosuit is from a videogame. I think it would be fair to say he wouldn't use it immediately, and, no matter who wins, I think this fight ends quickly.

Yeah James doesn't use it immediately but uses it when he needs to. So it's sort of a matter of when he uses it not if.

Morpheus is better at hand to hand combat, is probably slightly more accurate as well. However, James has a much more varied arsenal, smoke and heat vision to isolate Morpheus, invisibility and better weapons and gadgets.

So it's (in my opinion) really close

Hm. James usually walks around only with a handgun, though, while Morpheus is far more well armed. What does James have in this fight?

Daniel Craig and Connery's version yes

This profile incorporates Game Bond who carries many weapons and gadgets on his person. James has all of his weapons and gadgets from all media

Oh, right. I'm not very familiar with the games. Still, though his weaponry may be superior, I don't think it is to a battle-deciding point, especially due to Morpheus' arguably better accuracy. While Bond does have a lot of gadgets, I think the fight would end before he really got much mileage out of them. Heat vision wouldn't necessarily help much, I don't remember Morheus using stealth or the like. As for smokescreens, those are a lot more useful, but if the fight starts in Central Park, you didn't state otherwise, he probably wouldn't have the time to use it. Also, Morpheus has a katana, which means he'd absolutely dominate at close range. It's very close, but I think Morpheus would take it about 60/65% of the time. That's a vote for me.

By the way, was this match inspired by how both have a movie coming up?

Vote counted. Very well thought out may I say

Yes it was actually. Also I rewatched the matrix movies and 2 and 3 are hated way too much. They aren't the best movies ever and 1 flexes on both of them but they're both fine

I agree, 2 especially has some really cool scenes. 3 gets a bit too philosophical towards the end, and has that incredibly generic fight against a thousand aliens trope (though they actually aren't aliens), but it's still at least fine. As for James Bond, I've never been too much of a fan, though I've watched all the movies, but for some reason I'm really looking forward to this one, despite how we barely know anything about it.

I just realised this Morpheus only has superhuman lifting strength. That may change things considering this could get to a fist fight

2-0 regardless

Personally, I am not too sure if Morpheus's far superior martial arts abilities would be enough to get around that

I guess it depends on how many times out of 10 the fight goes to Melee if Morpheus's skills aren't enough

Lifting strength essentially beats out Morpehus if the opponent is atleast as skilled as him. It's why he keeps losing to Agents throughout the film and of course their speed and sheer power.

Both can dodge bullets so I don't think guns would decide the fight and then Bond has invisibility and other gadgets to turn it in his favour

TheArsenal1212 said:
Lifting strength essentially beats out Morpehus if the opponent is atleast as skilled as him. It's why he keeps losing to Agents throughout the film and of course their speed and sheer power.
If you say that the Lifting Strength beats out Morpheus if they are at least as skilled as him then wouldn't Morpheus win. Not to downplay Bond or anything in terms of fighting ability but when it is so inherently easy to learn how to fight in the Matrix universe shouldn't sword fighting be a cakewalk for Morpheus?

Yes it should, except Bond doesn't have a sword. I'd definitely agree Morpehus is way better than Bond in a sword fight. However, Morpehus is fighting someone who can essentially hold off his strikes with pure strength alone and Bond is skilled enough to handle himself without a sword

Ok, fair point. I will actually switch my vote to Bond

He will probably defeat Morpheus if he uses his arsenal or goes to stealth and if it goes to Melee which was Morpheus's saving grace, Bond can just choke him out or do something with his superior Lifting Strength

I don't agree. While Bond can deal with the Katana, having one is still a significant advantage, and seeing how Morpheus doesn't fight via grappling, even if he were to lose the katana, I think he'd still have the upper hand in close ranged fighting.

That's true. However in the same sense limits him to what he can do. With superior lifting strength, James can knock him arms and the katana away and since he can easily react to the strikes, this shouldn't be a major issue. Yes it gives Morpehus range but it also means James can utilise his guns more. Heck James can even chuck grenades in there if he wants

That's true, but when they're close enough for the katana to reach him, if Bond's still holding a gun, Morpheus is gonna cut it down. Besides, how do you knock away a katana? Lifting strength means he CAN, but it's still a really fast, really sharp object being swung at him by someone more skilled than him.

It's actually not too hard. Morpehus may be more skilled with a sword but he's not quicker. Bond's LS means he can essentially grab the katana and pull it out of Morpehus' hands. Once Morpehus starts swinging, James either lets go of the gun and stops him or keeps at a distance and uses grenades

With speed equalized, I don't think he'd be able to get enough space to use grenades. For the former, that's a possibility, but I still think Morpheus would take it more often than not in close combat, and that's what matters imo.

Uh I dunno. At any point in the fight James could tilt his glasses, smoke the area, go invisible then blast him. I just don't see Morpehus hitting James at speed = when James can hold the katana off

Agree to disagree then

Back